12%
Other
18%

Total votes: 17

pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

For Basketball Fans

Post by pnutwannabe »

Who do you consider to be the best player ever....im going with russel....if you say other say who it is and why

:evil5:
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I dont know why I picked other...But its hard to compare them. I guess I would go with Jordan....so scratch that other vote. Jordan because he is clutch, and made the players around him better.
So its come to this?
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Hands down Michael Jordan. He revolutionalized the game. He was also arguably the greatest competitor in basketball history. He loved competition, which is why I feel sorry for him. Imigine why he kept coming back... he love the game so much, but was so good that the only way he could play against competition would be to play in the league again.

He did also make his teams better. If you look at his second run at 3 titles, his team wasn't at all that talented. You had Scottie Pippen, who without Jordan was good, but not that good at all. You had 3 awesome centers in Bill Wennington, Luc Longley, and some other terrible white guy center that i forgot. You had good shooters in Steve Kerr and Jud Buchler (spelling?), and you had Ron Harper running the PG not extremely well, but well enough to not take anything away from the team, but not really contribute an insane amount. With the exception of Jordan, nobody in the league was in the top 8 at their positions. Plus, he had Dennis Rodman and his crazy antics (although in my opinion he was the second most valuable player on that team, what with all of his rebounds). Bottom line, Jordan made everyone so much better, and at the same time couldn't be stopped. Plus he did the thing that really mattered.... WIN.

You could make similar arguments about some of the other players, but to me, nobody was better than Mike. Alot of the guys were fun to watch, but Michael was almost poetic in his playing. Though Larry Bird was reppin us white boys in the league and in the hall of fame. That makes me happy.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Dennis Rodman
gramps311
You can't stop entropy so why even try

Post by gramps311 »

the red guy on the monstars from space jam
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

nigga u heard of the dream team...well nigga we the mean team
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Larry Bird
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

L to da arry B to da izzird
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Homebrew311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Homebrew311 »

I didn't even have to read them all. The second I saw Jordan on top I voted for him. He's the greatest ever, hands down. Bill Russell gets second.
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

jordan...no question.
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

You'll never see another gaurd win 6 championships without a significant big man. Shaq is the most dominant big man ever and he won't see 6 championships, despite having a gaurd on his team with nearly the tallent of Jordan. Jordan was the complete package player. Maturity. Respect for the game. Tallent. Drive. Passion. And above all, he was probably the most intelligent basketball player to ever play the game. He got in people's minds, he studied their game, and he broke them down mentally as well as physically. He was the only man in his 40's to score more than 40 points. With two bad knees, on a shitty team. Kareem didn't do that. Wilt didn't do that. Kobe won't do that. You know Shaq won't do that. He's already almost washed up and he's only 34. I'm just glad I watched the last 3 bulls titles on TV. Jordan = greatest ever. Period.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

i cant believe more people arent picking russel

Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

pnutwannabe wrote:i cant believe more people arent picking russel
That's because Michael Jordan exists. 8)
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

a Yeah a Yeah a Yeah they playen basketballlll

jorge u know what thats about
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

if russel went up against jordan, russel would shut him down...russel led the celtics to 9 championships in 10 years, 8 in a row, and was a better all around player....he could shoot, score, and defend....jordan could never defend that well

CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

yeah but was russel in space jam?? did he ever school a bunch of huge aliens who possesed NBA allstar's powers, while playing with worthless co-players such as bugs bunny and daffy duck...
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:yeah but was russel in space jam?? did he ever school a bunch of huge aliens who possesed NBA allstar's powers, while playing with worthless co-players such as bugs bunny and daffy duck...
:roll:

Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

pnutwannabe wrote:if russel went up against jordan, russel would shut him down...russel led the celtics to 9 championships in 10 years, 8 in a row, and was a better all around player....he could shoot, score, and defend....jordan could never defend that well
Read Michael's bio...

Honors: Six-time NBA champion [1991-93, 1996-98]; NBA MVP [1988, '91, '92, '96, '98]; 10-time All-NBA First Team [1987-93, 1996-98]; All-NBA Second Team [1985]; Defensive Player of the Year [1988]; Nine-time All-Defensive First Team [1988-93, 1996-98]; Rookie of the Year (1985); 14-time All-Star; All-Star MVP [1988, '96, '98]; One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996); Two-time Olympic gold medalist (1984, '92).

Bill Russell won with the likes of many legends. Jordan did not. Know your facts before you make ridiculous claims.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

welcom to the space jam its yo chance do ur dance nigga at the space jam
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Reggie Miller is the greatest basketball player to ever live.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow