How retarded is this?

Three Eleven.
Homebrew311
Taiyed Brodel

How retarded is this?

Post by Homebrew311 »

I was at a party last night and I was rockin my Soundsystem tee and it led to me striking up a conversation with a supposedly fellow 311 fan. I was kinda drunk and ended up arguing about 311 with this girl for I don't really know how long. I told her that S.A. was my favorite member and she claimed that 311 would be the same band without him!!! Needless to say I was somewhat outraged. I don't even remember but she was saying some other dumb shit that was angering me. I hate when people act like they're 311 fans but really aren't. When I said something about Taiyed she sounded like she never even heardd of the damn song. Sorry for the venting but I just woke up and am remembering this and I'm kinda pissed off.
I'd like to build the world a spliff.
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Thats ok I know how you feel, this girl at my office compared 311 to Nickelback. I was telling her about the Atlanta show last summer with the wailers and how awesome it was, and she starts telling me about a Nickelback show she went to, like the 2 things even belong in this galaxy together. Then She said "Jordan I have some cool cd's I want you to listen to."
"Crossfade, and Hinder, here ya go you can borrow these" - I felt like saying "you obviously know nothing about music"
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

haha
So its come to this?
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

TaiyedBorders wrote:Thats ok I know how you feel, this girl at my office compared 311 to Nickelback. I was telling her about the Atlanta show last summer with the wailers and how awesome it was, and she starts telling me about a Nickelback show she went to, like the 2 things even belong in this galaxy together. Then She said "Jordan I have some cool cd's I want you to listen to."
"Crossfade, and Hinder, here ya go you can borrow these" - I felt like saying "you obviously know nothing about music"
You sir, have made my day. :lol:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
HowiRocks
Taiyed Brodel

Post by HowiRocks »

Hinder rocks! :roll:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i can't talk about music with people
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

what a ho-bag. sa is the life force of the band.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Element wrote:i can't talk about music with people
I cant discuss music with about 75% of the people I come in contact with.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

i cant discuss music with people because i only like 311 and dr dre. people think im dumb or something.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Element wrote:i can't talk about music with people
Me neither, my tastes are far obscure. I mean, I listen to normal music, but not when you put it together.
Image :evil5:
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Where I live the average person will say what are you listening to? Im like "lately it's been Portishead, Perfect Circle, Barrington Levy, & Stray Cats" - they are usually puzzled, because they listen to bands like Nickelback, Staind, and all that crap
311_kid
I'm a cat nippin sippin on the flask

Post by 311_kid »

i know exactly how you guys feel some of my mates think im crazy cause i listen to all of les clayppool's solo work i listen to 311 and even some people dont like incubus wtf?
fuck there is nothing better than funk in my opinion half of the people in australia dont even know who 311 is and i wished i lived in america where it seems some people appreicate real music or meet people who actually respect real talented bands 8)
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by oldschool311 »

if your not down with oldschool 311 your pretty much a sucker.
peanart
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by peanart »

311_kid wrote:half of the people in australia dont even know who 311 is
man it's more like 90% of people in aus don't know 311. No-one I know ever heard of them till I came along but most of them still don't like em.
Don't worry though, there's some serious talk of maybe getting them down here next year for the Soundwave festival. Fingers crossed!!!
If you got beef don't save it for later
Uncalm!
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by Uncalm! »

Sa is responsible for the disaster that is dtom.
Solar Flare Sucks!
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

In my country its like 99% of people... everybody here seems to like Reggaeton. That's even worst
311_kid
I'm a cat nippin sippin on the flask

Post by 311_kid »

the soundwave festival Aye that would be awsome how do you know that man? they have to play big day out next year fuck heaps of bands can get on that bill easy enough.... whats wrong with em!
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

Snipe wrote:In my country its like 99% of people... everybody here seems to like Reggaeton. That's even worst
Some reggaeton is okay. But dancehall reggae is where its at. I only listen to reggae these days the only other bands I listen to are 311, Pearl Jam, Bandits of the acoustic revolution and Streetlight Manifesto.. Id much rather listen to reggae singers like Chuck Fenda, Luciano, Richie Spice, Warrior King, Jah Mason, Turbulence, Anthony B, ect ect than most bands that are around these days.
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Rap Weasel wrote:haha
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Freeze Time wrote:
Snipe wrote:In my country its like 99% of people... everybody here seems to like Reggaeton. That's even worst
Some reggaeton is okay. But dancehall reggae is where its at. I only listen to reggae these days the only other bands I listen to are 311, Pearl Jam, Bandits of the acoustic revolution and Streetlight Manifesto.. Id much rather listen to reggae singers like Chuck Fenda, Luciano, Richie Spice, Warrior King, Jah Mason, Turbulence, Anthony B, ect ect than most bands that are around these days.
Sure it is! I love listening to Buju Banton and stuff like that, but I can't stand listening to Daddy Yankee every fucking day or at any fucking party. Trust me, they suck