My thoughts on 311

Three Eleven.
mbucks59
Welcome to this Groove

My thoughts on 311

Post by mbucks59 »

This is my first post but i felt it is something that i needed to write on here after reading some peoples feelings on the new cd.

- To start, I'm a die-hard 311 fan to the fullest. I own and listen to all of the cds on a regular basis. I have come to appreciate every single thing 311 puts out there. I think of it like this: Ive heard grassroots, ive heard transistor and all of the styles that they've put out over the years and every time that i hear a new style or a combination of styles from 311 i just soak it all up. 311 is no normal band that puts out the same bullshit album after album. No way, they go into that studio and take things we've never heard before and put that 311 funk behind it. And boys and girls.......the funk is back. This new album has that shit rockin right. Haha so please if you really dig 311 then you will love this album.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I couldn't agree more with you.

Yes DTOM is another evolution in the band. I believe its their best album to date, it's awesome. I agree with you on their funk, this album is a bit more funky and has alot more reggae flair which is good. I'll be playing this CD in constant rotation everywhere I go, it's just amazing.
:evil5:
Hostile_Apostle311
Listen to the DJ just rappin and things

Post by Hostile_Apostle311 »

I liken this album to Transistor. With songs like Getting Through to Her, Long for the Flowers, Solar Flare, and Always and Excuse have the funk and hardness that was on transistor. This is my second favorite album taking a backseat only to Blue. :)

Post by Guest »

I NEED THIS ALBUM FUCKS SAKE
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

not for nothing but you are fucking reatrded if you think this is their best record.
Rock for Light
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:not for nothing but you are fucking reatrded if you think this is their best record.
Hey hey hey I think it is. 8)
:evil5:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:not for nothing but you are fucking reatrded if you think this is their best record.
Well Ray, which one do you think is their best record, and why?
littlestghoust
The continuous life there is no end

Post by littlestghoust »

i think its amazing.. and it is there best work yet! the first time i heard the album i was like..omg i cant believe how fucking awesome it was...i got all hot and shit..even ask emily..i was like...FUCK YA~~!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by drummer311:
arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.........even if you win your still retarted.
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

I agree with ray its not there best album... i think Grassroots and Transistor brings out there most creative 311 styles. :wink: this album is pretty damn good but its not there best album
Last edited by DoYouRight311 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

don't mind ray, he's got sand in the vagina.
Let's put a smile on that face
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

antfarm311 wrote:don't mind ray, he's got sand in the vagina.
^
and always too

id pick grassroots as the best tho. then transistor. but this one is kinda growing on me. when i first heard from chaos i felt unsatisfied/unfulfilled. same with evolver. but then again, i didnt listen to those albumbs before the songs were completed either. most of us listened to this album mature, and thats pretty wierd.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
hy311dro
Right now my brain is fragile

Post by hy311dro »

i would appreciate this album more if i didnt spoil myslef with demos

but, i think this album has 311 blow the fuck up status, it will capture the youth and blow them up again.

but i really like how it turned out, AlwaysanExcuse fucking surprised me. Very good to jam to, but i feel like I;ve been listening to it for a while, it will hit me when i go buy the real album and it mixes well in my car.

waiting i thought thought they could have made better, but mabye that;s because i listened to the fucking demo to much 8)
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I dont see how some of yall can be in love with this album so quick. Dont get me wrong I like it alot. But most of yall have had it less than a day and are going as far to say its is their best album yet...Makes me assume that you are saying that its the best album of all time. Like I said, I like it but I will give it a year or two (yes I said years) before I judge it. A good way to judge it is to see how much play time I give it. Only time will tell, the thing I dig the most about this album is SA he just fucking awesome on many songs on DTOM.
So its come to this?