Should 311 on their next album....

Three Eleven.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

poolio wrote:after don't tread on me, I stopped listening to them completely. It wasn't a conscious decision, I just started getting into musicians who actually cared more about artistic integrity and less about commercial success. I come to taiyedbrodels.com and 311.com less and less since don't tread on me and I used to think I was a huge fan. They have been my favorite band for ten years now and I just don't think I care enough anymore. I am going to check back once and a while to see if a new album is in the works but until then, they won't be the first (or 2nd or 3rd or etc) band on my mind.
I really wonder if they realize that the same mtv teeny boppers now listen to them along with good charlotte, simple plan, etc. I always thought their music transcended that scene. Apparently not.

you people and your artistic bullshit...how the fuck does it effect that there is a fan of simple plan or good charlotte that listens to 311? you should be happy that more people are becoming interested in good bands. yea dont tread on me, flop of an album, we got it. but the whole 311 should transcend that scence thing is just stupid. 311 isnt a scence or a life style, they are a group that makes music, i guess they should apologize to everyone cause people of all likes like their music. you may think that their music is commercial pop now, but i dont see how the hell it is even close to being pop when a. they get no play on radio, and if they do its always their old stuff and b. mtv? come on, they havent been on mtv in ages. nothing against you or anything, but damn i strongly disagree with your little comment
:evil5: TB>BB
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

311 is a lousy band
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

your face is lousy :lol: ha
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

yr lousy in bed

:wink:
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

Element wrote:yr lousy in bed

:wink:
thats not what ur mom said..... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i don't get it
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

$lmjimy311 wrote:
poolio wrote:after don't tread on me, I stopped listening to them completely. It wasn't a conscious decision, I just started getting into musicians who actually cared more about artistic integrity and less about commercial success. I come to taiyedbrodels.com and 311.com less and less since don't tread on me and I used to think I was a huge fan. They have been my favorite band for ten years now and I just don't think I care enough anymore. I am going to check back once and a while to see if a new album is in the works but until then, they won't be the first (or 2nd or 3rd or etc) band on my mind.
I really wonder if they realize that the same mtv teeny boppers now listen to them along with good charlotte, simple plan, etc. I always thought their music transcended that scene. Apparently not.

you people and your artistic bullshit...how the fuck does it effect that there is a fan of simple plan or good charlotte that listens to 311? you should be happy that more people are becoming interested in good bands. yea dont tread on me, flop of an album, we got it. but the whole 311 should transcend that scence thing is just stupid. 311 isnt a scence or a life style, they are a group that makes music, i guess they should apologize to everyone cause people of all likes like their music. you may think that their music is commercial pop now, but i dont see how the hell it is even close to being pop when a. they get no play on radio, and if they do its always their old stuff and b. mtv? come on, they havent been on mtv in ages. nothing against you or anything, but damn i strongly disagree with your little comment
I'd like poolio to expand on what other bands he listens to have more artistic merit than 311.

Not that I dont disagree with but I would like to know his own definition of that statement.

Honestly 311 has never really been known for its musical ambitions, those concept albums or anything thats pompous. They just like to chill and make music. They are more of a live band then anything really.

Like poolio I haven't listened to them in a good long while.
:evil5:
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

$lmjimy311 wrote:

wise words sir jim...couldnt have said it ne better
Jump up and down cuz that's the 311 style!
WoolyBully
You got a choice of what you can do

Post by WoolyBully »

EvenField2BeOn wrote:I think people get pisssed about the stoned fans who dont know anything because they work at taco bell and go to concerts to get massively drugged first and then the music comes second. Frequently when you talk to these fans they always mention their favorite song being "Who's Got the Herb" etc and then you think to yourself this guy is a moron. Then you find out they have 311 tattos but dont even own or know about any songs beyond "Down" and a had full of others.. :roll:
why do people get pissed?? because they think theyre better than them or something?? :roll:

jesus fuck, u ooze snootiness, sir
There is no justice...it's a farce.
There's just-us.

Keep your neighborhood safe! Kill a cop!
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

WoolyBully wrote:
EvenField2BeOn wrote:I think people get pisssed about the stoned fans who dont know anything because they work at taco bell and go to concerts to get massively drugged first and then the music comes second. Frequently when you talk to these fans they always mention their favorite song being "Who's Got the Herb" etc and then you think to yourself this guy is a moron. Then you find out they have 311 tattos but dont even own or know about any songs beyond "Down" and a had full of others.. :roll:
why do people get pissed?? because they think theyre better than them or something?? :roll:

jesus fuck, u ooze snootiness, sir
Actually after reading my own post more carefully, it does sound snootie. I just got annoyed with some fans at a couple venues this past tour. When I would meet someone with a 311 tat and dedicated but they did not even know the songs. Let me tell you I know my statement was a generalization, i was once a stoned teenager, im just 26 and feel old at shows I guess. I still smoke but it doesnt work the way it used to back in the day. :?
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

nick did his best work when he was on meth
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I think 311 should live in Bratislava for a year and then record the new album.
ImageImage
ER
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

Element wrote:nick did his best work when he was on meth
I have been hearing a lot about Meth lately. It sounds like its the "Crack" of the 21st Century. Nick did his best work when he was uppers? Is that why in the floodfest videos he is geeking out, and shaking occasionally.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Is it a set fact that Nick did meth?
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

I disagree, Nick did his best work while he was on elephant tranqs.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

fatlip wrote:
Nate wrote:311 are just not hungry enough to "ditch" the label and do their own thing. I think a lot of it has to do with their age and complacency.

A band who is doing it right is RX Bandits.

Read this interview. The leader singer is amazing.

http://www.rx-bandits.com/learn/intervi ... 20307.html
i love you, do you love me?

rx is my second fav band of all time right below 311. THEY EVEN BEAT OUT SUBLIME

1) 311
2) rx bandits
3) sublime
4) pink floyd
5) common rider / deftones / the clash / descendents / blink 182
I DO love you :shock:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
poolio
Taiyed Brodel

Post by poolio »

Jimmy, I am not trying to sound pompous in any way. It's just that I listened to 311 over and over for a long period of time...and I started to realize a gradual downward spiral in their motivation and creativity and I guess that don't tread on me left me with an bitter taste in my mouth. I just didn't realize how lazy and uninspired they had become until I started listening to artists that actually created fresh and impressive albums and had something to say that left me with more than "we are so cool and harcore! weed!". Transistor was a step in the right direction. Now they need to tap into their experimental nature again and refine it and maybe, just maybe, they will make some that us "art snobs" would pay attention to. In the meantime here is an album that you should listen to:
Panda Bear-Person Pitch

(definately up there as one of the best albums I have heard this year.)

All of you that relentlessly defend 311 need to take a step back and realize that you aren't defending the band's merits, but their lazniness. A comment like, "they are more of a live band than anything else" kind of defeats the purpose of making an album. What the fuck is the point of making an album if it's only to have material to play at a live show? Do you listen to their live recordings more than anything else? I highly doubt it. It's the albums that you listen to over and over. Unless you are following the band across the country to only see their live shows than you have nothing to say. They have one live cd and it doesn't even compare to main LPs. Two years ago I could never have imagined myself feeling this way and it's too bad that I have been dissapointed, but Jimmy, I guaruntee you this: I am just as much a 311 fan as anyone else on this forum and used to be a regular poster on tb and 311heaven so keep that in mind that I am not personally insulting you or anyone else. I guess I have just moved on.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Dude, life is all about The Scene
poolio
Taiyed Brodel

Post by poolio »

I AM THE SCENE

bitch. 8)
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Zarathustra descended from his lonely apartment, and ran through the streets of the Williamsburg marketplace proclaiming, "THE SCENE IS DEAD! THE SCENE IS DEAD!" to the buzzing ridicule of the faithful indie kids, who immediately dismissed him as pseudo-iconoclastic mainstream trash.