any new info?

Three Eleven.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Re: any new info?

Post by logosteel »

ska wrote:
Smoke wrote:Well I suppose the deal is

One of the reasons I'm such a huge fan of 311 is because of the fans themselves. At concerts they were always very nice and fun. On line we always seemed to have stuff in common. It's an easy in when traveling or meeting new people when you find out their 311 fans too.

So I would like the band forum to be a good representation of what I know 311 fans to be. Unfortunately it is not. That sort of saddens me because I know people just getting into 311 and pull up the site hoping to find fellow fans are going to get in there and wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people.

TLDR: It's a terrible representation for us fans and that bothers me. It bothers me that they most likely turn people away from the music and the people. The two things I love most about 311.
If you stick to the Album Chat and/or Tour Talk sections of the forum, you'll mainly get fans who respect 311, past and present. Random Thoughts is questionable, though. I go there for the laughs and to waste time at work, not to talk about 311.
Pretty much exactly what Ska said.

And it's such a small fraction of the actual fans that go though. Amoung the people I know and go to (or used to) the shows 0% of them frequent the board.

edit: GD quotes
bbshorts
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by bbshorts »

dj3stripes wrote:nothing uber about it. just a bunch of people that like 311. no conspiracy, no moderation, no jerk-offs putting strangers down. it's not a bad clique, but a little overzealous at times. it's alright.
LOL, well put!
bbshorts

Post by bbshorts »

ska wrote:If you stick to the Album Chat and/or Tour Talk sections of the forum, you'll mainly get fans who respect 311, past and present. Random Thoughts is questionable, though. I go there for the laughs and to waste time at work, not to talk about 311.
I agree with Smoke. The "Fan Forum - Random Thoughts" is full of nasty people and cyber bullying. I once frequented there years ago and got trolled into oblivion. It is not a good place for a meek person to be. Not to mention, there is the ever present mocking of "positivity/vibe merchants" and "P.L.U.R., bro" by some downright negative people there. It's a fucked up place.

I agree with ska as well. It is exactly what is says it is: a forum about random topics. Although there are some threads about 311 there, it is mostly full of old cynics who don't even like 311 anymore. They just go there to bullshit with their friends. These people are there like ska said, "for the laughs and to waste time at work." If you want real 311 chat, stick to the "Album Chat" and "Tour Talk" sections. No off topic bullshit, no trolls, etc. Just good plain 311 talk.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

fan forum = "You laugh, you lose" and everything 311-announcement worthy, which is stupid as fuck because there's an album and tour section for that shit.
Hexum4Prezident
Music's What I Need to Keep my Sanity

Post by Hexum4Prezident »

I'd like to get in on this discussion. Agree agree agree. Although hopefully without cursing it, the BB lately seems to be the best it has ever been in a long time. Not that I'm on it every day anymore but it just seems like there's a whole lot less cyber bullying and negative posts. There's certainly a handful of posters that come to mind that are historically trolling cynics, but I haven't seen much bad acts lately. I remember several years ago when I was in high school I originally came to the BB for the same reasons: looking to discover those same incredibly kind and awesome people I met at the 311 concerts I had been to and MAN, that place was nasty...agreed a bad representation for those poor bastards looking to find other common ground. Don't get me wrong, some people can come across as way over the top on the other side of things (like that?) and (sorry CamFan). Anyways the point is that there is clearly some mighty brave people in cyber space who probably wouldn't dare spit what they say face-to-face. It seems the best 311 fans are the ones who have been around, but haven't grown crabby....the ones who have a favorite album or even favorite era of 311 music, but can still appreciate the ride and the new music.
"Sawnya mind?!"
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

FAMILIA
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
bbshorts

Post by bbshorts »

Hexum4Prezident wrote:I'd like to get in on this discussion. Agree agree agree. Although hopefully without cursing it, the BB lately seems to be the best it has ever been in a long time. Not that I'm on it every day anymore but it just seems like there's a whole lot less cyber bullying and negative posts. There's certainly a handful of posters that come to mind that are historically trolling cynics, but I haven't seen much bad acts lately. I remember several years ago when I was in high school I originally came to the BB for the same reasons: looking to discover those same incredibly kind and awesome people I met at the 311 concerts I had been to and MAN, that place was nasty...agreed a bad representation for those poor bastards looking to find other common ground. Don't get me wrong, some people can come across as way over the top on the other side of things (like that?) and (sorry CamFan). Anyways the point is that there is clearly some mighty brave people in cyber space who probably wouldn't dare spit what they say face-to-face. It seems the best 311 fans are the ones who have been around, but haven't grown crabby....the ones who have a favorite album or even favorite era of 311 music, but can still appreciate the ride and the new music.
THIS!