thank you

Three Eleven.
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Re: thank you

Post by Freeze Time »

$lmjimy311 wrote:you're just mad cause they dont ever come to australia

AUSSY AUSSY AUSSY OI OI OI
Thats a major part of it. But what annoys me the most is that Pnut cock teases and lies to us. Theres not many American bands I like that haven't toured Australia. Some of the bands that tour are unknown and play small venues and charge fuck all. But its clear to me now 311 is all about money. Pure and simple. They don't have grassroots and they're not in it for the music. They're now a pop band.
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Freeze Time wrote:

Thats a major part of it. But what annoys me the most is that Pnut cock teases and lies to us. Theres not many American bands I like that haven't toured Australia. Some of the bands that tour are unknown and play small venues and charge fuck all. But its clear to me now 311 is all about money. Pure and simple. They don't have grassroots and they're not in it for the music. They're now a pop band.
:cry:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Freeze Time wrote:

i dont think its just them, its also label and management that decides where the band plays
:evil5: TB>BB
Freeze Time

Post by Freeze Time »

If they were interested they would come. They've used the label garbage for over a decade now. Ive seen bands the last few years that have zero label support here. But they tour here because they want to spread their music and see the world. 311 would rather play the same sets over and over in the same cities in the USA. Boring.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

contractual obligations, if its in their contract that management and label get to decide where to go then they kind of have to follow that. second, i dont blame them, if they arent going to make a profit there, then why go? yea i know spread the music, but they've already spread the music, they did that years ago, afterall, being in 311 is a career, and you gotta make money in a career, if the most optimific thing to do is to be touring in the states, then so be it. i dont see snipe bitchin cause they dont goto south america.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

yeah i dont see my favorite australian bands playing in the US (besides the police)
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Freeze Time

Post by Freeze Time »

Yeah the Living End are big here I guess.

The whole contractual arguments is bullshit. I've never heard of any band not coming for that reason. Why would any record company not want their bands to sell in new markets and make more money. And as far as making profits here well you're right. 311 wouldn't make a profit here now. Thats because they haven't toured here in 11 years, they don;t release albums here. They've never worked hard or even tried to win the respect of Australian music listeners. If you don't put in you don't get anything out. Remember in ETSD2 when Pnut talks about Japan. Most bands don't make money the first time they tour a new market. And you know what, if the band came over with a basic rig and played some small clubs on the east coast, I reckon they would make a profit. They could also do a lot of promotion. But like I said, its easier to make more money playing to the same crowds in the states, playing the same set lists, wearing the same white pants every single fucking night. Sure you have to make money , but its not meant to be everything, what happened to art?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

im not disagreeing with you in that they're in the wrong for "selling out". i just dont think that its something you should waste your time getting worked up over. they must not have done well in Australia when they did do stuff there. i wouldn't say that they dont give a shit about art anymore.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

that, and they were doing the warped and that's it isn't it? how is touring in a foreign land considered more artistic than staying domestic? i don't get upset when pizza isn't played here in america :) come on out to 311 day and soak it all in man.
Freeze Time

Post by Freeze Time »

Whatever Pnut is a liar and there last two albums are shit... they may as well retire .. come original yeah fucking right.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

$lmjimy311 wrote:contractual obligations, if its in their contract that management and label get to decide where to go then they kind of have to follow that. second, i dont blame them, if they arent going to make a profit there, then why go? yea i know spread the music, but they've already spread the music, they did that years ago, afterall, being in 311 is a career, and you gotta make money in a career, if the most optimific thing to do is to be touring in the states, then so be it. i dont see snipe bitchin cause they dont goto south america.
[rant]Especially since I DON'T LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA, BUT CENTRAL AMERICA.[/rant]

But yeah, I've learned to deal with it... This year I'm finishing my thesis and all and i'll be graduating on March, so let's see if 2012 is my lucky year.
Image :evil5:
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

greenmonkey911 wrote:something out of nothing was their self-proclaimed hardest-song-ever, so i'm def. taking this with a grain of salt
back to the topic at hand

SOoN isn't their hardest, but i does groove pretty fuckin hard. Mit's solo is tits in that one. It's the thank your lucky stars riff/chords done right.

jackpot
get down
india ink (crank the fuckin guitars up plz)
sun come thru
never ending summer (badass bridge and solo)
SOoN
Hey You chorus even rocks pretty hard

they all satisfy my need for heavy 311
Jump up and down cuz that's the 311 style!
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

^ Dito
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
John Michael
See the good in everybody

Post by John Michael »

YOU GUYS GOT SILVERCHAIR DON'T BITCH
John Michael
See the good in everybody

Post by John Michael »

fuckin silverchair

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLOPNxMdU30&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLOPNxMdU30&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

311junkee wrote:
greenmonkey911 wrote:something out of nothing was their self-proclaimed hardest-song-ever, so i'm def. taking this with a grain of salt
back to the topic at hand

SOoN isn't their hardest, but i does groove pretty fuckin hard. Mit's solo is tits in that one. It's the thank your lucky stars riff/chords done right.

jackpot
get down
india ink (crank the fuckin guitars up plz)
sun come thru
never ending summer (badass bridge and solo)
SOoN
Hey You chorus even rocks pretty hard

they all satisfy my need for heavy 311
Jackpot- heaviest track on the album
Get Down- heaviness somewhere between SJRTR and LTCF. album fave.
India Ink- props for bringing back the sitar, but it does need more ax grinding.
SCT- key changes/transitions feel forced, crowded. good solo but the best part is obscured by Nick's vocals.
NES- great harmonies. room to breathe. good solo. heavy for a bouncy song.
SOON- boring. miT's solo is saving grace.
Hey You- heavy as an instrumental.

They're all ok for 2009, but Music and Grassroots are their heaviest overall IMO.