311 in NY

Three Eleven.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

311 in NY

Post by fatlip »

presale just sold out in under one minute

if the tickets werent separated by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i'm sure there'd still be some available.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 in NY

Post by logosteel »

ours did too for the dc show...but a simple browser change and refresh opened it back up. I know this is waaay too late to help. But my $0.02 on my issue
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i got orch b seats by refreshing 15 minutes later... but that was still wayyyyyyy too quick (and wayy to expensive)
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

311 needs to re think their whole pre sale deal. I could've had better seats for 311 day and again for this summer. 311 really does hate true fans willing to toss them CA$H
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

logosteel wrote:311 really does hate true fans
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

It's funny ... P-Nut made a post today about how he loves us all "even the haters". Now i'm not quite sure who he's referring to as "haters" ... but if me being opposed to the corporatization of 311 makes me a "hater", so be it.

This hater spent a good chunk of change to see them play this summer... and expects a great show for his $$$. It will be my 28th.

I understand the laws of supply and demand... and that some people will no doubt take them up on the VIP deals. I'm sure some will say it was totally worth it, but I fear that many will be disappointed.

Honestly, the only way 311 is going to stop this is if fans vote with their wallets. If people buy this stuff up, and continue to support new ways of price gouging fans ... then it's going to continue. If they struggle to sellout venues that they did before ... maybe they'll stop and reflect.

It would be nice if 311 went back to being a club tour band... they might suffer for it financially -- but end up in a much better place artistically ... and more connected with their remaining fan base.

But what do I know.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Vallon wrote:It's funny ... P-Nut made a post today about how he loves us all "even the haters". Now i'm not quite sure who he's referring to as "haters" ... but if me being opposed to the corporatization of 311 makes me a "hater", so be it.

This hater spent a good chunk of change to see them play this summer... and expects a great show for his $$$. It will be my 28th.

I understand the laws of supply and demand... and that some people will no doubt take them up on it. I'm sure some will say it was totally worth it, but I fear that many will be disappointed.

Honestly, the only way 311 is going to stop this is if fans vote with their wallets. If people buy this stuff up, and continue to support new ways of price gouging fans ... then it's going to continue. If they struggle to sellout venues that they did before ... maybe they'll stop and reflect.

It would be nice if 311 went back to being a club tour band... they might suffer for it financially -- but end up in a much better place artistically ... and more connected with their remaining fan base.

But what do I know.
haha are you talking about the FB post? I replied to it a couple times I said "stop ripping off your fans pnut (and 311). Let's get a small venue tour going. I agree with Johnny Mansfield, above." (the guy above was talking about they taking it back to a grassroots tour w/ small shows etc)

and "I come to know a travesty and so sad to see.
The scene dictated by frustrated former musicians.
Switching' the emphasis from art to money.
[...] But the blame lies not with those suits for trying.
It's the sheep that keep on buying that soulless crap.... See More
Whatever they put in front of ya.
The hysteria of America."

I just think it's sad that the band has to whore themselves out, and make money off of their celebrity status nowadays. They're devoting all that energy to figuring out innovative ways to make money when it should be spent on figuring out innovative ways to make music. But that's more or less the status of the music industry these days, with piracy and shit, bands really can't make money off of their music like they used to be able to do. And 311 has had a taste of that stardom and celebrity and I think they want more of it, and they built this incredible fanbase who worships them that now they can take advantage of that mentality and charge them whatever they want for a chance to meet them.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

agree with your sentiments. but if you tell me you wouldnt be doing what they are doing you are a fucking liar. the sums of money up in the air are HUGE and look what artistic integrity did to fugazi
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I don't know if I'd be doing what they're doing now. It's been a long process and they've gradually gotten to where they are now with ticket prices, lackluster setlists, bigger venues, more commercial openers, recycled shows, and now this. I think it's what they do next that will really make or break them in the eyes of the true fans. Or maybe it's the ones who aren't true fans that won't shell out obscene amounts of cash to support this cause? Who knows.

Later
ImageImage
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

i've seen them 30 times, 3 311 days. i am entitled to my opinion based on the fact that i've personally bought each of them at least 6-8 lattes (non fat soy, of course, because they are fucking faggots)

they are no longer in this for any artistic meaning whatsoever. 311 is dead to me. except in my workout mix, in which they appear a lot
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Can you really expect 311 to play a small venue though? I mean they are much more popular now than in their Grassroots heyday.
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

dont have the $ this summer, have to skip ;/
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good