Break only lasting until next summer?

Three Eleven.
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

they need to trace thier roots, and bring back that funky punky reggae rock, mixed with the few elements they've added the past couple of albums that've have proven to work
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
Freezetime311
You make up ridiculous words

Post by Freezetime311 »

GOATBURGE wrote:the longer the break, the more the next album is gonna suck.
He is right! I heard Nick say...(I think of ETSD2) about how back in the old days they would write so many songs in such a short period of time up till Soundsystem!

So that means that 311 under pressure of time were able to write some of the best shit of their career!

So maybe too much time, makes them mushy and lazy! Put a Fire to their ASS I SAY! :twisted:
snipe311
I am sly in the mix I am the mix master

Post by snipe311 »

I remember hearing Nick say at the Atlanta show that DTOM was completed in one quarter of the time Evolver was. And something about they need some time off to try new things, and come up with new ideas.

I wish they would go back to some old ideas rather than keep trying new ones... they have lost a lot of the funk and rap elements from their early albums. I understand they are getting older and are moving in a new direction etc., but goddamn another album in the style of grassroots would make my life complete.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Why should 311 bring back old ideas, instead of trying to evolve as a band and push forward? That's shitty logic.

There's already a Grassroots, be happy with that, 311 wants to experiment which we should all be happy about.
:evil5:
Freezetime311
You make up ridiculous words

Post by Freezetime311 »

Subnova wrote:Why should 311 bring back old ideas, instead of trying to evolve as a band and push forward? That's shitty logic.

There's already a Grassroots, be happy with that, 311 wants to experiment which we should all be happy about.

NO NO...we understand your logic....maybe for other bands....but not for 311.

Damn it we more GRASSROOTS. LIKE THE SEQUAL or some shit like that......They could call it GANJACAKES :wink:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I sure as hell don't want to hear another Grassroots. I mean you ahve your Grassroots, isn't that enough? Plus if you look at their discography it has so many different styles, and for them to go way back wouldn't be evolving the band into the next phase.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

listen to the song grassroots, then listen to anything on dtom... evolution? more like de-evolution.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

"PEACE TO ALL CREWS THAT WANT SOME PEACE"
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"