Post site suggestions here

The forum in which to talk about the forums. A good place for suggestions or gripes.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

what about a thread for movies
*Dana*
Rollin'

Post by *Dana* »

311Chik wrote:I think a sex/drugs forum should be added (I would say sex, drugs and rock n roll buuuut the Music forum takes care of the last one :D )
yeah we def need a sex/drug section. we are all a bunch of horny stoners .. (at least i am haha)
strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Post by strongallalong »

Polls section? mehbeh? I thought of a poll topic today and then had nowhere to post it, so maybe I'll just wait...
ride the jont piece...
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

this site needs hookers...more hookers
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

*Dana* wrote:yeah we def need a sex/drug section. we are all a bunch of horny stoners .. (at least i am haha)
i am too
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

How about adding a "quick reply" option to the threads so that all we have to do is write a mesage in a blank field below the thread and click send...

is that a possibility? :)
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

sayzak wrote:How about adding a "quick reply" option to the threads so that all we have to do is write a mesage in a blank field below the thread and click send...

Yeah that's a convenient thing... but some people think that those make it easier for people to make worthless replies.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Station wrote:
sayzak wrote:How about adding a "quick reply" option to the threads so that all we have to do is write a mesage in a blank field below the thread and click send...

Yeah that's a convenient thing... but some people think that those make it easier for people to make worthless replies.
Good point, Alex... But I still like the quick reply function on most forums...
I think it would be a good idea to have one here.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Ok I'm going to set it up and we'll see how everyone likes it.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

OK, I installed it, apparently you have to click the "show quick reply form" thing that is now next to the reply button. But it appears instantly, so I guess it's what you wanted, right? You can set in your profile whether you want it to let you use smilies and bbcode stuff.
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

wah?
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Nice! Hey, that works pretty decent.

:)
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I got another idea.

How about, rather than just a thread that will eventually get lost in the system, we have a "news" forum for 311.... in the 311 section?

Maybe not, eh?
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

hey, yeah I like this. the quick reply form. My comp is slow and hates loading pages .. haha thanks alex.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

the colors are killing me... how about a softer approach?

example:

http://forums.back2bizkit.net/?nocache= ... windLeft=2
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

whtas wrong with ths...i like it
:evil5: TB>BB
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I feel like I'm in daycare playing with legos when I stare at near-primary colors. Plus, the contrast of black/yellow/blue nearly gives me a migrane. Maybe it's just me though.

On another note, there are a lot of cool features to borrow from the site in my post above. The "quote" options are great--being able to toggle it off or on, location the original post, and the general format of it.

I have a question! Why does my "show/hide quick reply form" button not have an image? Is it just me or is it everyone else too?
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

sayzak wrote:I feel like I'm in daycare playing with legos when I stare at near-primary colors. Plus, the contrast of black/yellow/blue nearly gives me a migrane. Maybe it's just me though.

On another note, there are a lot of cool features to borrow from the site in my post above. The "quote" options are great--being able to toggle it off or on, location the original post, and the general format of it.

I have a question! Why does my "show/hide quick reply form" button not have an image? Is it just me or is it everyone else too?
It's everyone. And that board you linked to is running on different software, so I couldn't just add in any features from it easily, unless you found a similar feature install for phpbb.[/i]
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I'm not that savvy with this area of the web... and I'm not very ambishious... not to mention I'm way too tired to even consider trying to figure any of that stuff out. All I can do is bitch and moan. Someone else has to take care of it. :wink:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I think there should be a venting section for people to bitch about the fucked up shit that happens to them. :D