The Apex Theory

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Ayatollah
Listen to everyone then disregard it

The Apex Theory

Post by Ayatollah »

Not sure if any of you guys used to like them, but they're about to release an EP soon. They got a couple of songs up on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/theapextheory

The 3 songs there are all quite good, but Get to Work is by far the best. It's probably the best apex song i've ever heard. Glue Me is quite cool too, the verses are very reminiscent of Tomahawk-esque Patton stuff
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

I have topsy turvy and because of this i know that youve commited a cardinal sin by mentioning these poor saps in the same sentance as mike patton. Patton is a genious with people flocking to work with him and these guys dont even have a label putting their music out, this is for a reason.
Who brought me here..............?
Forsaken depraved and wrought with fear

ImageImage
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

isnt it just one dude on like the turtables or something, i could be way off but thats what i thought.
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
fahrenheit311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by fahrenheit311 »

you might be thinking of aphex twin?
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

fahrenheit311 wrote:you might be thinking of aphex twin?

:lol: :lol: that's what i thought! whoops
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

that is probably right i really have no clue
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Ayatollah

Post by Ayatollah »

Cerpin Taxt wrote:I have topsy turvy and because of this i know that youve commited a cardinal sin by mentioning these poor saps in the same sentance as mike patton. Patton is a genious with people flocking to work with him and these guys dont even have a label putting their music out, this is for a reason.
If you don't think the verses of Glue Me sounds like they've come straight off a Tomahawk record then you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You can play the "ooh, Patton is so great you can't compare anything to him" card all you like, but the fact of the matter is that regardless of what you think of Apex Theory, that section sounds a hell of a lot like some of Tomahawks work.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Cerpin Taxt wrote:I have topsy turvy and because of this i know that youve commited a cardinal sin by mentioning these poor saps in the same sentance as mike patton. Patton is a genious with people flocking to work with him and these guys dont even have a label putting their music out, this is for a reason.
The Apex Theory is a group of extremely diverse and talented musicians. Don't act like they're nobodys.

Yes, there is a reason they don't have a label putting their music out: Their contract ended when they parted ways with the singer. Now they're independent, and they've already released an EP with a second one on the way. They probably aren't looking to be on a label anymore.

Not trying to be a dick, but The Apex Theory is outstanding and shouldn't be looked at as poor saps. The inthatskyissomethingwatching EP is one of my favorite releases in music in a while.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Re: The Apex Theory

Post by wbrycew »

Ayatollah wrote:Not sure if any of you guys used to like them, but they're about to release an EP soon. They got a couple of songs up on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/theapextheory
Hey, I'm not sure if you're aware, but the EP with those songs from myspace is already released. It's called inthatskyissomethingwatching Vol. 1. It's a really good purchase.

They do have an EP coming out soon called inthatskyissomethingwatching Vol. 2. It doesn't have those myspace songs though.

But maybe you already were aware. In that case... :oops:
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Ayatollah

Post by Ayatollah »

Oh .. i thought it was going to be released in a few weeks, maybe I was thinking about the vol.2

I'll try to get a hold of vol.1 then, thanks!