new incubus album

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

"But actually now that he says its like 3EB I'll download. Thanks for the link"

i thank god every single day that i don't heave your set of ears.
Rock for Light
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

you're missing out, you music elitist you.
Let's put a smile on that face
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

doo doo doo, doo, doo doooooo semi charmed life ftw
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

to each his own i say. everyone likes what they like just they like it.

i would love to love this incubus album..

morning view is 10x better than this. they just get more and more boring as time goes.
Rock for Light
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

So disapointed in Incubus, looks like this will be the first album I don't end out buying. I really wanted to like this album by setting my hopes so low so I wouldn't be crushed if I set them high. :(

Before anyone says "well you went in with the feeling it was going to suck"...I've gone in with that feeling about other bands and was very happily surprised that the album was awesome so my before feelings don't really effect my after feelings, they are either proven right or wrong.
ImageImage
ER
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:doo doo doo, doo, doo doooooo semi charmed life ftw
Whatever happened to them anyway?

So just listened to the full album, and it is fucking awesome. Best Incubus album (Here come the rolling eye smileys). The first few tracks Brandon really shines on his vocals. Everything is so tight, the acoustic numbers are great too. I don't hear anything that says "Incubus sold out" here. There's also some Verve influences here and there, I've noticed some Volta as well.

But overall fantastic album, ba da ba ba ba I'm lovin it.

Fav tracks:

Quicksand, Dig, Love Hurts, Diamonds and Coal, Rogues.
:evil5:
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

people always think that us old school incubus fans want them to keep making the same science/make yourself music over and over. The same thing goes for all of you 311 fans who want 311 to return to their roots....it's just not going to happen. As a musician, I understand how it is to grow up and mature not only mentally but musically.

I've been listening to/following Incubus since 4th grade so I know a lot about each band member, what kind of a person they are, what kind of music they like, etc. After Dirk leaving the band, I could understand why they would want to switch it up....they want to explore new terrain with their new band member. Dirk was a HUGE part of the band and had a big say/doing on the music.

I could go on talking about more shit but i'll just get to the point. If this album came out by some other new artist, I would still dislike it. I don't decide to not like the music just because it's not the "real" incubus or because it doesn't sound like Science. I know EXACTLY what Mike, Brandon, Chris, and Jose are capable of and this shit just isn't it. I feel that since Dirk left, the music that we've been hearing are all forced tracks that are just intended for the average casual listener. I'm sure it's pretty apparent to them now that their fanbase consists mainly of 16 year old horny girls that want to toss brandons salad
Last edited by JuicyJ on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I'm not an Incubus fan at all, but I really like this album.

But I will say that one STEALTH movie song was horrible. I mean it was just my ears were bleeding it was that bad.

I've been hearing alot of mixed opinions on this album as well.
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

and for you musicians out there, you KNOW somethings fucked up when Mike is using fender jazzmasters and marshall/vox amps.....what ever happened to the PRS/Mesa Boogie god we all knew and loved? I guess he decided that fenders would go with their new music much better~
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

JuicyJ wrote:people always think that us old school incubus fans want them to keep making the same science/make yourself music over and over. The same thing goes for all of you 311 fans who want 311 to return to their roots....it's just not going to happen. As a musician, I understand how it is to grow up and mature not only mentally but musically.

I've been listening to/following Incubus since 4th grade so I know a lot about each band member, what kind of a person they are, what kind of music they like, etc. After Dirk leaving the band, I could understand why they would want to switch it up....they want to explore new terrain with their new band member. Dirk was a HUGE part of the band and had a big say/doing on the music.

I could go on talking about more shit but i'll just get to the point. If this album came out by some other new artist, I would still dislike it. I don't decide to not like the music just because it's not the "real" incubus or because it doesn't sound like Science. I know EXACTLY what Mike, Brandon, Chris, and Jose are capable of and this shit just isn't it. I feel that since Dirk left, the music that we've been hearing are all forced tracks that are just intended for the average user. I'm sure it's pretty apparent to them now that their fanbase consists mainly of 16 year old horny girls that want to toss brandons salad
Totally agree. I don't want old Incubus, but this "new" Incubus sounds crappy. I feel like I should have some more generic rock bands on my playlist following this. This album is boring and doesn't have the edge Incubus used to have, which is why I used to love Incubus. The songs do sound forced rather than free like Incubus used to sound like. If this is experimentation, it feels forced, like they needed to make an album not wanted to.
ImageImage
ER
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

it has some nice sounds, listen to it all the way through like 3 or 4 times
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I still think that Pendulous Threads is great. Its a nod to their older, heavier, more experimental stuff.

I was interested in some parts the first listen, but it overall left me with a feeling that it was pretty bland. I listened to it again and more things stood out, like Pendulous Threads for example. I guess its one to grow on you, which is possibly a good quality.
HowiRocks
Taiyed Brodel

Post by HowiRocks »

I'm really feeling this album. "Kiss to Send Us Off" and "Light Grenades" fucking rock!
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

howi you should sue Borat for stealing your vertical blackout box
Rock for Light
HowiRocks
Taiyed Brodel

Post by HowiRocks »

i know! what's up with that! 8)
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

I'm in love with this album. I can't comprehend all this dissatisfaction you guys have.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

wbrycew wrote:I'm in love with this album. I can't comprehend all this dissatisfaction you guys have.
I agree.
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

its a very very very good one!
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!