I'm going to fail this subject...

A place to say what you want.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

I'm going to fail this subject...

Post by $nipe »

It's awesome. I've been so crazy these past weeks because of all my subjects. I tend to skip classes too much, so the teachers were telling me they had the right to fail my grades. After that, I had several hot arguments with a couple of teachers, and they fucking hated me. Now, one day away from finished, I passed two of four subjects, and I just come from this test which I'm sure I'll fail. All this work for nothing, because if I fail, I can't finish my career, and I'll have to wait 6 months to take the course again. I feel so bad. :cry:
Image :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: I'm going to fail this subject...

Post by $lmjimy311 »

im sorry, but i cant feel pitty on you. you skipped classes, and the teachers should have the right to fail you. why should you get the same opportunity to pass as the kids that actually came to class, its not fair.
:evil5: TB>BB
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

I never skipped until my 2nd semester and it was only because of 3/11 day. But, i actually think it is unfair if you fail because of attendance. You fucking paid that money to be there, it is your money to waste. The school gets to fail you AND keep your money while doing it. You weren't wasting the teacher or student's time by not being there. As long as you don't go around asking other classmates for updates on school work and/or help, I do not see any problem with you skipping.
That bullshit about it being unfair is stupid, im not attacking you Jimmy. But we're 20 plus years old and the time for people to be pissed off that you got to enjoy not going to class or did not pay attention and actually pass without badgering people for help has come and gone.
Like I said, as long as you didn't ask classmates or the teacher for abunch of help, I see no problem with skipping and passing.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

$lmjimy311 wrote:im sorry, but i cant feel pitty on you. you skipped classes, and the teachers should have the right to fail you. why should you get the same opportunity to pass as the kids that actually came to class, its not fair.
That argument makes no sense. This isn't public high school I assume. He pays just as much as you do to attend these classes. He has just the same right to get the grade that his scores deserve. If someone only comes on test days and the only scores are from the tests and the guy averages a B on from all his tests he should get a B in the course. That's retarded that they can fail him simply for not showing up as much as the other kids. Thats like giving little timmy extra points for effort.

But ya if the kid barely ever comes to class and earns an F on all his tests fucking fail the kid.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

the way i see it is this, why should the kid who never comes to class (despite paying for the class), end up getting hte same degree as i do, when i worked my ass off and showed up to every class. thats whats unfair. and i stick by my point, if you dont come to class and you get failed for it, i have no pity on you. and little timmy should get extra points for effort, atleast he cares about his shit
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

So It's unfair because another person is smarter or more skilled at a subject than you? Shit I better go find Steven Hawking and let him know he doesn't deserve his PHD's because he clearly didn't work as hard as I did for them. Fucking asshole and his intelligence. Hooray for handicaps in academia.

Shit, lets use this principle for sports while we're at it. No longer shall the Olympics award medals for who actually wins the competition, from now on lets just give the Gold to the person who trains the hardest. The old way of actually gauging skill through a competition just wasn't fair. Too many people feelings got hurt after they trained so hard but still lost to the guy with natural talent that didn't train as hard as them.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i never said that, i was basing my comment off of what he said "and I just come from this test which I'm sure I'll fail" and then says "All this work for nothing", what work?

if you're naturally smart, good for you, have a cookie, you should also be smart enough to know that you should goto class as well otherwise the school has the right to fail you.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Just because you can pass a test or do well doesn't mean shit. You're in college to prove yourself. You should be going to every class that you possibly can. All of this is in preparation for your career and you should treat classes as serious as your career should be. You can't skip work days, so why should you be skipping classes. Sure I can do my job well, but I can't do it well if I'm not there. Wait six months and then do it the right way.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

nate, that was....really well said *applauds*
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

if the class has no attendance part, then who cares if you skip. but some classes have attendance there for a reason ie they don't want people who already know the material taking the class. like freshman year i had this fluent spanish speaker in my spanish 1 class who never came to class and failed even though he obviously got 100's on everything and he was furious. he deserved it and i was lucky enough to head to my teacher's office for my oral exam after his when the teacher told him he was going to fail based on attendance and a REALLY great argument ensued.

and while i agree with nate for the most part, i never went to my calc 1 or 3 class because the teacheres were so terrible so i learned it on my own. i still can't understand how universities can allow people who don't speak english to teach classes to 99% english speakers i eman they interviewed them, they know they dont speak english but whatever, i probably know that stuff better becasue i did that
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I would like to mention how interruptive it is when some asshole comes to class after being MIA for days or weeks. "Hey bro, do you have the homework for last november?" "Do you have the last quiz? I need to see if I'm studying for the right stuff."

No. Please kill yourself instead.
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

You don't get mass emails in your university webmail asking stuff like "What chapters are on the test?" or "I missed all last week, what did the teacher go over."?

I would like to add that if you had prior knowledge that the teacher would be taking attendance for a grade then there is barley any excuse to miss class and complain about it. Does this professor have a choice on whether they will fail you or not based on attendance. At my school if you don't show up like 1 or 2 days out of the summer, they give you an automatic F or Unattended.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Vibe Merchant wrote:You don't get mass emails in your university webmail asking stuff like "What chapters are on the test?" or "I missed all last week, what did the teacher go over."?
I got five emails last semester pertaining to those very questions. In fact I got into an argument with one kid because I refused to let him borrow my answer booklet because he had been 4 weeks behind on homework.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

I've been on classes that require me to be on time at 6:20am on saturdays. I start my day on a chair at 6:20am, have to do 6-8 hours of internship during the day and finish my last class at 8pm. Then, I have to get back home and start working on my assignments which aren't five-pages homeworks, I'm talking about doing studies that require 60 hours of hard work, for each subject. I have no social life, I can't get a long term girlfriend just because I don't have 3 hours free each week. In fact, I'm the only person in my class who uses facebook, because the others prefer to study after they come home, while I think there's much more to life than working 16 hours a day. I've passed over 40 courses in over five years of my precious life, in a University where some people can spend over ten years of their lives. I can't get money because I don't have the time to get a job, I can't make music, or enjoy my life... so fuck it.

If I want to skip a class, I should be able to. I DO ask for help from my friends before tests, but I do all the extra work to pay them back. I'm not leeching, I earn my grades. Anyway... I finally passed those two I was talking about, but I'll fail the one from the test. Fucking ironic. I still have to see if I actually failed... but if I did, I still have the Olympic test.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Why not just move to America where you don't even have to try to get a degree? :lol:

Dude, you're making it way too hard on yourself.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Being an immigrant is hard enough for people like me. I'll think about it, though.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

dont pull the immigrant card, you forget, im one too (was), my parents worked there asses off, and they made it in the country, and though we arent the richest people in the world, we are well off, and you could very easily be too. getting to the country isnt hard, especially for a student like you, i work for an immigration law firm, and i see hundreds of clients just like you coming into this country, and being damn successful. dont use your race and skin as a cop out.
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Yeah, leeching off of your friends is perfectly fine. I just hate the everyday stranger who is only kind to you just to get something out of you.

Dude jimmy, i thought about you in my math lab today. There was this Indian professor in the lab helping people out, had the Indian accent and everything. Though i did not talk to him, i listened to him talking to others and he seemed like the nicest guy ever. He was very laid back and calm when he spoke. You know one of those people who you can tell are just genuinly kind by the way they present themselves. That seems to be a trait with Indians in a professional setting.
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

Vibe Merchant wrote:Yeah, leeching off of your friends is perfectly fine. I just hate the everyday stranger who is only kind to you just to get something out of you.

Dude jimmy, i thought about you in my math lab today. There was this Indian professor in the lab helping people out, had the Indian accent and everything. Though i did not talk to him, i listened to him talking to others and he seemed like the nicest guy ever. He was very laid back and calm when he spoke. You know one of those people who you can tell are just genuinly kind by the way they present themselves. That seems to be a trait with Indians in a professional setting.
All the Indian kids at my school are incredibly quiet and travel in packs everywhere. It's really a pain in the ass when I've got to help them with something when I'm at work cause not only can I barely understand them with the accent but they also speak in like a 2 inch voice. So I've got to ask them "What?" like 5 times and I kinda feel like a dick doing it. But ya, nice guys from what I can tell.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

I said I'll think about it. I have my own ideas for a living, and I think the US has a very different attitude, which I don't completely like.