Occupy Wall Street

A place to say what you want.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Smoke wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:
Smoke wrote:You sound like someone who can't frame their argument. Scapegoat much?
rather not waste my effort.

trying to instigate a flame war much?
I just don't think you know what you're talking about and asking you to voice your opinion. you sound like someone who already knows there wrong but can't admit it to themself
wrong about what? if you're talking about my thoughts on occupy wallstreet, you're right i dont know too much about it other than the baseline premise which is where i stopped cause i really had no interest in continuing.

if you're talking about the whole my parents wouldnt survive today bullshit...well we dont know that cause they started out in 1989 which actually was in a very similar state as we are today in terms of dave's graph.

i really have nothing to prove to you smoke. and lets be honest, no matter what i say here no opinions are going to get changed. you're going to continue thinking im wrong, jordan is going to continue thinking i plunge toilets, and dave...well he's a bit more reasonable so he ACTUALLY might listen (which is why i dont mind talking to him).

dont go on here acting like i dont know what the fuck im talking about because i dont care to argue with you. i graduated towards top of my classes in economics and political science for a reason, and im doing pretty damn well in the first year of law school for a reason. ill leave it at that.

ETA: i looked at that graph again, i retract my statement in that its similar to where we are today. i figured that graph was up to date...it wasnt
:evil5: TB>BB
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

ps. im not exactly in favor of this occupy wallstreet bullshit. im not in the 1%, but god damn do i aspire to be. hopefully one day one of you hipster fucks will be protesting outside of my office. i might shed a tear at the beautiful image that will provide me.

What aren't you in favor of?
If you don't know much about OWS, why say it's bullshit
Why are you prelooking down on people for being economically challenged and trying to fight a system rigged against it.

My guess is you're going to be a corporate attorney. You sound like the type
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i plunge toilets
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Smoke wrote:
ps. im not exactly in favor of this occupy wallstreet bullshit. im not in the 1%, but god damn do i aspire to be. hopefully one day one of you hipster fucks will be protesting outside of my office. i might shed a tear at the beautiful image that will provide me.

Why are you prelooking down on people for being economically challenged and trying to fight a system rigged against it.

that is actually exactly what im going into. and me referring it to bullshit is more of me just referring to it (like, park your shit overt here), the bull was added cause it was a protest about corporate greed which i personally dont think a protest is going to solve, hence my later comment about me saying i stopped digging into it once i read a little about it (the website).

ps. if you couldnt tell MOST of that quote was in a joking manner.

pps. plunged*
:evil5: TB>BB
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

didn't shoes just have a post about how he is having financial troubles...

also jimmy, think about who is making a killing off of your students loans...

once again, not one of you is benefiting from bitching about the protest, you are not filthy rich and you never will be.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

$lmjimy311 wrote:
Smoke wrote:

that is actually exactly what im going into. and me referring it to bullshit is more of me just referring to it (like, park your shit overt here), the bull was added cause it was a protest about corporate greed which i personally dont think a protest is going to solve, hence my later comment about me saying i stopped digging into it once i read a little about it (the website).

ps. if you couldnt tell MOST of that quote was in a joking manner.

pps. plunged*

Ahh the worst kind of attorney out there. You probably already have a predisposition to hate trial lawyers.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Sam wrote:didn't shoes just have a post about how he is having financial troubles...
Buying $60 video games every week and going out to eat everyday for lunch is not really considered financial troubles.
Just stupidity.
My post was more or less just me seeking help on how to control my wasteful spending habits.

In witch you guys have helped me out allot and i thank you all for that.

Now....i am going to voice my opinion.

These protesters(hipsters) are all crying about big company and all of there money that they have.
We live in a materialistic world were the more expensive things you own the better off you are.
All of these people are looking to blame there initial issues on someone else and not blame it on them selves.

You got all these idiots out there with there iPhones,MACs, Over priced cups of coffie from starbucks,$100 dollar hoodies from American Apparel and very very nice looking production cameras protesting on how they have no money and how this "corporate greed" has gotten out of hand.

This people that are in power are in power for a reason.....they succeeded were others haven't.
If i was rich and in power....i am not going to just stop what i am doing to a bunch of dirty hippies?....fuck no.
I EARNED my money and my right to power.
I WAS successful.

These people are not even TRYING.
Wanna stop corparte greed?
Cancel your TV account.
Stop using the internet.
Dont buy a cell phone.
Dont go out to eat.
Dont by name brand clothes.
Dont buy a car.
Protest were the protest will do damage.
THE CORPORATE GUYS WALLETS YOU MOTHER FUCKERS.
You don't buy there shit.They make no money.

Its in human nature to want power and control.
We are a country that best describes it.

These idiots are not trying to adjust there own lives, they just want someone to blame.
When i had money issues you know what i did?.....i asked you guys because that's what any normal smart adaptive human being would do.

ADAPT.
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

shoes if you were actually paying attention to current events, you would see that all of the mainstream politicians have slanted their approach and have picked up on the discussion that the protesters are expressing.

and you are clearly a fucking moron to think occupy wall street is led by only hipsters.

You would be the same type of guy that would shoot down civil rights, just because you don't like the way black people look.

and to anyone who thinks shoes is trolling, he's not. He is just very stupid, and "trolling' is nothing more than a defensive mechanism that he uses when he realizes he is wrong.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Sam wrote:shoes if you were actually paying attention to current events, you would see that all of the mainstream politicians have slanted their approach and have picked up on the discussion that the protesters are expressing.

and you are clearly a fucking moron to think occupy wall street is led by only hipsters.

You would be the same type of guy that would shoot down civil rights, just because you don't like the way black people look.

and to anyone who thinks shoes is trolling, he's not. He is just very stupid, and "trolling' is nothing more than a defensive mechanism that he uses when he realizes he is wrong.
If you are that blind to not believe this is a hipster/hippy movement then you sir, are the moron.

I also find your definition of "Trolling" rather amusing
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

ok shoes, lets say everyone at time square is a hipster...so what? who cares they have a great taste in music and where vintage clothing? the fuck does it matter?

Who cares they use iphones? other than the fact that smart phones played a huge roll in defeating the corrupt Egyptian regime.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Sam wrote:ok shoes, lets say everyone at time square is a hipster...so what? who cares they have a great taste in music and where vintage clothing? the fuck does it matter?

Who cares they use iphones? other than the fact that smart phones played a huge roll in defeating the corrupt Egyptian regime.
Did you not read what i posted.

They are crying about corporate greed.....and yet they are buying products from large corporations.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Tehshewz wrote:
Sam wrote:shoes if you were actually paying attention to current events, you would see that all of the mainstream politicians have slanted their approach and have picked up on the discussion that the protesters are expressing.

If you are that blind to not believe this is a hipster/hippy movement then you sir, are the moron.

Look at these fucking hippies.

How about you go down to these protests, talk to these "hippies", and educate yourself instead of making rash assumptions about these people, and the protest as a whole? You just look ignorant, selfish, and pathetic otherwise.

cantfademel
Cool as the blue water all around

Post by cantfademel »

pnutwannabe wrote:
Tehshewz wrote:

Look at these fucking hippies.

How about you go down to these protests, talk to these "hippies", and educate yourself instead of making rash assumptions about these people, and the protest as a whole? You just look ignorant, selfish, and pathetic otherwise.
How about these degenerates stop blaming banks and pay their fucking mortgage like they agreed to.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

You're either a troll, an idiot, or just naive. Either way your opinion is invalid.

Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

cantfademel wrote:How about these degenerates stop blaming banks and pay their fucking mortgage like they agreed to.
Another person that knows what is going on.
These people need to stop blaming other people for the stupid mistakes they have done.

pnutwannabe wrote:You're either a troll, an idiot, or just naive. Either way your opinion is invalid.
pnutwannabe wrote:Image

You sir are the idiot.
Pictures mean shit in this debate. Unless your a hipster and you want someone to capture or feel the emotion in them.

Were is your educational and grown up rebuttal?
Since you cant. I will ask you a question.
Why are you supporting Occupy Wall Street?

(Jimbo, i see your point btw. This will probably go nowhere)
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

shoes what do you not get about Apple not receiving a bailout?
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

It's funny when the epitome of hipsters is calling everyone here hipsters, but I digress.

As for my educated response, as well as why I support it, I'll answer them both to make it easier for you to understand. Since deregulation of the banking system the banks have engaged in risky and toxic trading with bonds and loans due to there being no oversight. Combine that with increased lobbying and spending for lobbying, which in our current government amounts to bribes. Everything was fine until the housing market collapsed leading to toxic assets that helped no one, which lead to the recession. There has been no government intervention aside from bailouts which were funded by us to pay corporations back for them being greedy and screwing us over. That includes hidden fees, lack of information on interest rates, no interest rate cap, as well as less than reputable lending habits. They lent to people hoping and pushing people to default.

With the supreme court decision to make corporations essentially people with unlimited contributions to candidates, it reaks of corruption. It's obvious that the government and the corporations have no interest in what the masses want, or what is best for the people they represent. It's all about money. I support the Occupy movement because I believe government should actually represent and help the people instead of helping corporations leech the American people. When CEO to woker pay rate is 475:1, and that the 1% holds upwards of 90% of the nations wealth there is a problem. Occupy is the most that Americans have done in the face of injustices for years. It's not perfect, but you need to start small before there is a change. Look at the Arab Spring.

I'll fix any spelling issues when I'm off my iPhone. There is your educated response

Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

pnutwannabe wrote:It's funny when the epitome of hipsters is calling everyone here hipsters, but I digress.

As for my educated response, as well as why I support it, I'll answer them both to make it easier for you to understand. Since deregulation of the banking system the banks have engaged in risky and toxic trading with bonds and loans due to there being no oversight. Combine that with increased lobbying and spending for lobbying, which in our current government amounts to bribes. Everything was fine until the housing market collapsed leading to toxic assets that helped no one, which lead to the recession. There has been no government intervention aside from bailouts which were funded by us to pay corporations back for them being greedy and screwing us over. That includes hidden fees, lack of information on interest rates, no interest rate cap, as well as less than reputable lending habits. They lent to people hoping and pushing people to default.

With the supreme court decision to make corporations essentially people with unlimited contributions to candidates, it reaks of corruption. It's obvious that the government and the corporations have no interest in what the masses want, or what is best for the people they represent. It's all about money. I support the Occupy movement because I believe government should actually represent and help the people instead of helping corporations leech the American people. When CEO to woker pay rate is 475:1, and that the 1% holds upwards of 90% of the nations wealth there is a problem. Occupy is the most that Americans have done in the face of injustices for years. It's not perfect, but you need to start small before there is a change. Look at the Arab Spring.

I'll fix any spelling issues when I'm off my iPhone. There is your educated response
You look to be the rare .01% of the "99%" that have an actual constructed educated reason.
Your Occupy Wall Street movement is useless with out order.
You might want to help educate the other 99% dirty hipster hippies that are jumping on this as a cool, edgy fad.
You cant just stand outside and randomly demand things.
No one is taking any of you seriously.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Sam wrote:shoes what do you not get about Apple not receiving a bailout?
Sam i appreciate your trolling attempts but they are way to obvious for someone of my skill.
I have classes on the weekdays if you need any help.

Quick tip: If you organized this a little bit better, someone might take the bait.
First off, back in 1997 Microsoft Bailed out Apple.....not the government, from what your implying.
Source:
http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/2009 ... tech_0806/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, thank you for the effort.

2/10 due to my response.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Tehshewz wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:It's funny when the epitome of hipsters is calling everyone here hipsters, but I digress.

With the supreme court decision to make corporations essentially people with unlimited contributions to candidates, it reeks of corruption. It's obvious that the government and the corporations have no interest in what the masses want, or what is best for the people they represent. It's all about money. I support the Occupy movement because I believe government should actually represent and help the people instead of helping corporations leech the American people. When CEO to worker pay rate is 475:1, and that the 1% holds upwards of 90% of the nations wealth there is a problem. Occupy is the most that Americans have done in the face of injustices for years. It's not perfect, but you need to start small before there is a change. Look at the Arab Spring.

You look to be the rare .01% of the "99%" that have an actual constructed educated reason.
Your Occupy Wall Street movement is useless with out order.
You might want to help educate the other 99% dirty hipster hippies that are jumping on this as a cool, edgy fad.
You cant just stand outside and randomly demand things.
No one is taking any of you seriously.
The thing is it is more than just dirty hippies. Are they there? Yes and it's to be expected based on the circumstances. But it isn't nearly as much as you would think. There is order, and it's pure democracy. By that I mean there is no leader per se, but a majority, 75%, need to agree before they sign off on anything. They discuss, debate, and transfer ideas. This is more than we've seen for a decade. I'm not saying this is perfect, and by no means it is. Before it moves forward fully it does need to organize it's thoughts more. But when you do look at it, the main points they agree on is to get rid of government corruption, and curb corporate greed. Anything else discussed is generally secondary, such as ending the war.

I'm not looking for a revolution, and I'm not looking for these companies to be dismantled. I just want these companies to be held accountable for their actions, just like I'd expect myself to be held accountable should I do something wrong. I want the government to work for the people, not just worry about how this will affect their reelection or campaign finances. Something needs to be done, and no one seemed to be really doing anything about it before this. It isn't the answer, but it's a start. At the very least it has everyone talking and debating about actual issues, which is more than can be said a few years ago.