The Offical Beer Thread

A place to say what you want.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Re: hoegaarden

Post by Element »

that's cool you like beer, but i hope you leave enough room for my fist, because i'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god damn spine!
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

dj3stripes wrote:ah yes, leave it to nate to put down other people's taste without mentioning his own
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Image Had this yesterday. Usually I don't like beers in snifters, but this was fucking fantastic. See decription below.

Clear amber, creamy white head. Aroma opens to intense notes of apple pie filling that’s laced with tangerine and spicy crushed coriander and cinnamon. Dried citrus peel bitterness and loads of cinnamon apple spice round to a sweet boozy finish. Full bodied and slick with soft carbonation

I could drink this ALL DAY

Oh and 21% ABU helps too....
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

logosteel wrote:Image Had this yesterday. Usually I don't like beers in snifters, but this was fucking fantastic. See decription below.

Clear amber, creamy white head. Aroma opens to intense notes of apple pie filling that’s laced with tangerine and spicy crushed coriander and cinnamon. Dried citrus peel bitterness and loads of cinnamon apple spice round to a sweet boozy finish. Full bodied and slick with soft carbonation

I could drink this ALL DAY

Oh and 21% ABU helps too....

Not gonna lie that sounds pretty delish

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Found a 750 yesterday...$30!

Worth it though. Chilling it down for the weekend.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

gosh that is mighty expensive for a beer. Sounds pretty good though. ... The one thing I hate about descriptions like that is that I get all excited, "Oh this beer is going to taste of unicorn farts I can't wait!!" but then I drink it and all I can think is, "ugh they forgot to mention that it tastes like beer." ololol. Lame.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

This one really doesn't have a beer finish at all. If anything it gives you very much the warming feeling of Grand Marneir...except it's cold and slightly cartbonated.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

hmmm.. well if I happen to run across it next time I'm out looking to be a boozer I'll pick it up. Sounds like it's worth trying, anyway.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I submit that this should be a beer thread.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

I second.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Tonight, I had Squall from Dogfish Head. It was delicious but most IPA's taste the same aside from a from a few like Unearthly and Maharaja. I will say that I haven't craved a heavy dark beer since last year. There's just something about IPA's that give me a boner.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Same here. Been a huge DFH fan for awhile now. Before they did their series on discovery you used to be able to get unlimited samples during the factory tour. Not so much anymore. Still recommend it though, cool place and it'd be even cooler to work for them. Long live the IPA!
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

third that motion.

so im going to hang out with some friends by the lake tomorrow...any suggestions?
:evil5: TB>BB
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Do not get the DFH seasonal festIna peach. Pissed away ten bucks on it. Too much of a tart aftertaste.

Hmmm. Summer by the lake brew. I usually go for a leinenkugel (sp) amber or honey wheat as a go to drink of the summer. But that won't be up to par for Nate so let's wait and see what he says.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Although a popular beer, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is delicious. Perfect outside beer. Light enough to drink in the sun, and tasty enough to actually enjoy.

Read this article for good light beer:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 0.html?mod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

Tehshewz wrote:Image

This thread is now /closed
this is fucking apricot flavored horse piss.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i went with some shock tops and sam adams summer ale. deeeeeeelicious
:evil5: TB>BB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i went with some shock tops and sam adams summer ale. deeeeeeelicious
Sam Adams Octoberfest is really the only Sam worth drinking. maybe brick red. But that's just because you can only find it on tap at some bars in boston.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

Sam Adams oktoberfest is my all time favorite beer...hands down. it's the beer responsible for me ditching your generic frat guy beers(bud, miller, etc.)

i'm on a thing right now where i always have to have 2 different sixers in my fridge, variety is the spice of life after all. Right now i have Flying Dogs In-Heat Wheat(love Flying Dogs beer names and their beers never disappoint in flavor) and Spaten's Oktoberfest(not my favorite Spaten, that would go to the heavy-hitting yet highly drinkable Optimator; but I am so craving marzen/oktoberfest beers right now and it's the only one my beer shop had.)

Can we get an official beer thread please? I could talk about GOOD beer all day.
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Spaten Oktoberfest is absolutely horrible