First Date Rituals

A place to say what you want.
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

y2kprelude wrote:Would you use one that eliminated 75% of them? :)
I don't really get what you mean by that. Unless you date like 4 girls then I would see why you would want to have a system that most grls would pass. I would say if you have any type of standards or personality if more than half of the girls you date "pass" your system doesnt work. But what do I know, I am not much on the dating scene, also I am not taking into account that a girl you ask out is someone that you probably know a little about, and you already think would have real potential.
So its come to this?
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

haha, i never really had a first date with yesenia... other than eating at an italian restaruant the first week i went and visited her... she just came over to my hotel room and jumped in my arms and that lasted like 10 minutes. ahhhh memories
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Rap Weasel wrote: I don't really get what you mean by that. Unless you date like 4 girls then I would see why you would want to have a system that most grls would pass. I would say if you have any type of standards or personality if more than half of the girls you date "pass" your system doesnt work. But what do I know, I am not much on the dating scene, also I am not taking into account that a girl you ask out is someone that you probably know a little about, and you already think would have real potential.
I'll tell you exactly what i mean. you pick out a system that doesn't eliminate a huge portion. Just "trimming the fat". I'm sure you all like me can pick out a decent girl most of the time. But all of us have picked a real ("winner" :roll: ) of a girl. Theres no difference in my mind about testing a girl through the movie's door challenge to asking her a question. You're just waiting for a response or an action.

If i watch the girl let an older couple pass in front of her in a line. Or if you see her pull out a piece of gum even and she doesn't offer one to the others around. It just adds up. If you instigate (sp?) a response is that bad in your all's opinions?
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Sorry to keep going but i like this topic again. haha

If a girl you were dating for instance. This happend to me a year ago on New Years. I was took this girl out that i was talking to for a little while. On our first date we ended up fucking in my car. I'm not saying she's a hoe, but my standards haven't been met. Does that make sense saying it like that?
If you fuck on the first date. It's usually nothing more than that. So why waste your time tying to pursue a relationship in something like that? This whole thread was supposed to be a exchange of Standards and Clues you all pick up on when you're on a date that make you go "hmmmmm" about a person. Weither you just notice it or instigate it.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Why did you have sex with her if your standards weren't met?
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Shiny wrote:Why did you have sex with her if your standards weren't met?
I've hooked up with many girls where my standards weren't met. :oops:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

hahahaha yeah, there is a reason why they are called standards.
So its come to this?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Nate wrote:
I guess that's where I don't agree, but I understand where you're coming from. I don't even consider kissing a girl to be the right thing to do unless I have a crush on her, and to have at least a crush, most of my standards must be met. And I have rigid standards. I don't mean that my standards are too high, but I feel like I have a good sense of what I look for looks-wise and personality-wise. I'd feel terrible if it went any other way.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Shiny wrote:
Nate wrote:
I guess that's where I don't agree, but I understand where you're coming from. I don't even consider kissing a girl to be the right thing to do unless I have a crush on her, and to have at least a crush, most of my standards must be met. And I have rigid standards. I don't mean that my standards are too high, but I feel like I have a good sense of what I look for looks-wise and personality-wise. I'd feel terrible if it went any other way.

right on. i feel exactly the same way.

as far as testing a date goes, i don't really test at the very beginning .. but later on i just notice things like , okay, say if i'd been dating a guy for, i dunno, two months, and he bought me a bracelet .. I'd be thankful and happy but i would be annoyed that he didn't know i don't wear bracelets. ... which, might influence my decision to continue dating him. because if he doesn't pay attention enough to know that i don't wear jewelry then how could he be paying attention to my heart or feelings?. .. so i guess that is a test, in a way...
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Homebrew311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Homebrew311 »

I'm telling you, as a guy, that that doesn't neccessarily mean he doesn't care about you. We're retarded and don't notice things like that but it doesn't mean that we don't notice your feelings and shit. Or maybe thats just me.
I'd like to build the world a spliff.
TaiyedDreamland
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedDreamland »

Or maybe the guy is just thinking that the bracelet would look nice on you. My x bought me several pairs of earings and a necklace last year for Christmas. I hardly ever wear earings, and he knew that, but he said he saw them and thought I'd look pretty wearing them. It was a nice gesture I think, even though I don't wear jewelry that often.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

This is just showing that theres a million ways to interpret everything :?
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

:? yeah ..
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re:

Post by Jordan311 »

Shiny wrote: Sat May 20, 2006 5:55 pm midway through the dinner, you should say "If this date doesn't go well, I'm going to kill myself". if she responds with sympathy, she's the one.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Re: First Date Rituals

Post by Shiny »

Man this nostalgic stuff is great. Keep the bumps coming :lol:

In 10 years from now we're going to be like OH SHIT REMEMBER WHEN CODY POSTED HIS FURNITURE
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: First Date Rituals

Post by Jordan311 »

Shiny wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:16 pm Man this nostalgic stuff is great. Keep the bumps coming :lol:

In 10 years from now we're going to be like OH SHIT REMEMBER WHEN CODY POSTED HIS FURNITURE

haha yeah I plan to keep going through old stuff. I'm somewhere in late 2006 right now, and just clicking through all the topics with more than 1 page. a LOT of Element and Sam trolling posts currently. Sam got banned for a while but came back. I had a mexican girlfriend. I went to New York and met Ally. Ron Mexico and DynamicJ are in their prime. Emily and I play-flirt a lot, and Shiny, you're complaining that people never drunk-call you. Oh and a bunch of drunk slimjimy posts too.

Later
ImageImage