So I'm probably gonna give in and get an ipod... =/

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

So I'm probably gonna give in and get an ipod... =/

Post by Jordan311 »

Since I'm gonna be going on this 12 day trip thing to Arizona, I think I'll probably be getting an ipod so I can bring all my music with me. Since I definitely don't want to bring my huge ass binder with all my CDs, and I have so much other music on my computer that isn't even on CDs, I guess it's probably time to invest in an ipod.
As much as I hate how gay and trendy they can be, I'll admit it's pretty convenient to have all my music in one little thing. But if I'm gettin' one I don't want to run out of space so I'll probably get the 60 gig one.

So anyway, can someone give me a run-down on how to use itunes or whatever I need to, to rip my CDs and get them all on there in the easiest way possible. I'm gonna want to keep them all in good quality, because I HATE having music compressed where it sounds like shit.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

dont do it man....apple will own your soul and you dont want that

GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

yeah fuck ipods!

i don't know what the hell i'm talking about
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

im in love with mine, i couldnt imagine not having 4326 songs in my pocket
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

They are kinda gay.... But the black one I'm probably gonna get is cool.

Later
ImageImage
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

all you do is throw your songs into itunes even if they are wma and itunes should convert it. ripping and updating and all that junk is really easy. shouldnt take longer than 10 minutes to figure everything out.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

i'm debating on getting one myself.

i'd get either the 30 or 60 GB myself. dunno how they are "gay" i think it's a damn good invention. better than, like you said, carrying around a CD binder everywhere you go.

like posident said, it's pretty easy to set up everything. i'm assuming you're a whiz on the computer, so it shouldn't cause you any problems.
Let's put a smile on that face
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

u should get one, best thing ive bought in a long time
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Well, the 30 gig is 300, and for only another hundred bucks you can double the size. Seems like a no brainer. Then I won't have to worry about running out of space for a LONG ass time. I would probably fill up atleast the 30gb with what I have now.

Later
ImageImage
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

yeah, i've got about 3500 songs on my computer and i would still have room. although i have a bunch of dream theater concerts that would take up a LOT of memory.
Let's put a smile on that face
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

i have one, and i think i would be so bored without it! it is my favorite out of all mp3 players, hence why i own it. its my litle pink mini that always keeps me occupied! i think theyre a great investment, and even if i didnt have an ipod, i feel itunes is such a great media player.
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Yeah I got about 5,000 songs on my computer alone...
And probably at least 5,000 more on CDs in my CD case.

Later
ImageImage
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

having owned an ipod in the past, i love em.

working at an electronics retail chain, i hate em. so many come in for repair, it's disgusting.

unless you absolutly want to fuck around with the video player, i'd consider some other brand.
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

Buy it! Give it a month.....then come back and tell us all that it is the coolest fucking thing ever! I LOVE MY IPOD!!!!!! Coolest thing I have bought in a LONG time!

20 gig

2915 songs
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

I got an ipod for graduation last august. 20gig B&W. i loved it for awhile, but then it started fucking up. and now it wont sync to my comp and it makes a clicking noise sometimes. needless to say im never using it again, and it didnt last ten months. harddrives are too touchy.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

jordan, i have one, and it kicks ass, the video compression is not hard at all, i can send you the program and all the good stuff and its simple drag and drop from there, getting the music onto your ipod is very simple, i reccomend using winamp pro to rip the cds at a decent bitrate, then just drag them into itunes, and voila, your set

ive had my ipod for a good 4 months now, havent had a single problem with it, i love it, cant imagine living without it
:evil5: TB>BB
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

its going on a year and like 5 months with my precious little pink mini!
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i suggest straying from ipod.. go for better/cheaper things.

and if you dont want to carry THAT much music i DEFINATELY suggest some sort of player with solid state storage because harddrives fuck up when you nudge them around, and the way its been going, everyone's ipods break.

ipod nano's are a ripoff.

personally i suggest something like a MD player (the new ones' discs hold way more than they used to)
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote:i suggest straying from ipod.. go for better/cheaper things.

and if you dont want to carry THAT much music i DEFINATELY suggest some sort of player with solid state storage because harddrives fuck up when you nudge them around, and the way its been going, everyone's ipods break.

ipod nano's are a ripoff.

personally i suggest something like a MD player (the new ones' discs hold way more than they used to)

i had an md player, upgraded to an ipod, the md original disks woul only hold like 3 cds worth of music, and the new ones hold i think like a 1gb worth, regarldess you still ahve to buy more disks to put more stuff on without deleting things, with an ipod...60 gbs, no disks, no problems :D

the onyl thing i dont like about the ipod is that it didnt come with a plug in the wall power adapter (lame) and it scratches easy if you dont take care of it

jordan, get a case like either before or right after you get your ipod, and pop that sucker in asap (i dont reccomend removing the little protecter it gives you, having it on doesnt effect your screen in anyway and it keeps the ipod nice and safe)
:evil5: TB>BB