Rejection

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: Rejection

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:13 am
mystoneybaby wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:11 am pics for proof
Psh. If I did, it would be in our super secret sub-forum. Not here with the plebs.
post up some nudes in TSS. I'll bet you on a sports game for 'em.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Jordan311 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:15 am
$lmjimy311 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:13 am
mystoneybaby wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:11 am pics for proof
Psh. If I did, it would be in our super secret sub-forum. Not here with the plebs.
post up some nudes in TSS. I'll bet you on a sports game for 'em.

Later
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:evil5: TB>BB
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Jimmy is it possible that it was an arranged marriage thing? Like she was into you but inevitably caved to family pressures to marry the subpar guy? Sucks either way
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Shiny wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:25 am Jimmy is it possible that it was an arranged marriage thing? Like she was into you but inevitably caved to family pressures to marry the subpar guy? Sucks either way
I actually had that thought. Who knows...
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

I once dated a girl who was six years younger than me and all I could talk about was the stuff I did when I was her age. Needless to say I didn't get very far with her.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

This girl didn't know who Dave Matthews Band was. Needless to say, I took her to my room, played Crush and hooked up with her. It was like straight out of an episode of Dawson's Creek.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am This girl didn't know who Dave Matthews Band was. Needless to say, I took her to my room, played Crush and hooked up with her. It was like straight out of an episode of Dawson's Creek.
:lol:
I'm laughing because this is so sauve, yet so 90s which is a weird combination. lolol.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

mystoneybaby wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:48 am
$lmjimy311 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am This girl didn't know who Dave Matthews Band was. Needless to say, I took her to my room, played Crush and hooked up with her. It was like straight out of an episode of Dawson's Creek.
:lol:
I'm laughing because this is so sauve, yet so 90s which is a weird combination. lolol.
Few men can pull off the, "Hey wanna go to my room and listen to DMB?" move off when it doesn't involve an axe covered big black dildo and brorape (look it up).
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

mystoneybaby wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:44 pm I still refer to someone who rejected me like seven years ago as "douche bag bryan." He's actually a nice person and was very straight forward but it bruised my ego so bad. ... I can imagine why this would mmake you angry. It seems like you already disliked this girl and knew that she was shifty so maybe don't even reach out to people like that because you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
I dunno. Maybe part of me still has a thing for her. I talked to her briefly at the show last night. Things seemed cool. I hope she never reads this forum tho.. And there was another random chick I met there. Stupidly I didn't get her digits, but I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship anyway.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

bcolephases wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 pm
mystoneybaby wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:44 pm I still refer to someone who rejected me like seven years ago as "douche bag bryan." He's actually a nice person and was very straight forward but it bruised my ego so bad. ... I can imagine why this would mmake you angry. It seems like you already disliked this girl and knew that she was shifty so maybe don't even reach out to people like that because you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
I dunno. Maybe part of me still has a thing for her. I talked to her briefly at the show last night. Things seemed cool. I hope she never reads this forum tho.. And there was another random chick I met there. Stupidly I didn't get her digits, but I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship anyway.
Nothin' better than flirting with another chick to get over a bit of rejection :D

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

This could be a reach, but I have a feeling you will be more satisfied by your connections with women when you have zero thought of obligation/commitment and just enjoy interaction, as you might with your male friends. Thinking about being able to handle a long distance relationship is so far ahead of where your mind should be at with a girl you met once.

A healthier attitude might be: "I'm bummed I didn't get her digits because she seemed cool. Would have been nice to get to know her a little more. Would have been cool to add another friend to my list."

There is an added bonus to adopting the kind of thought process: you have a smaller chance of getting disappointed or feeling rejected. It's a bit cynical to think that way, but if I set myself up thinking that the only way I'm going to be happy is if I make a 10,000 dollars by the end of the week, I'm probably going to be disappointed by the end of the week. I'll also probably fall down a lot of "get rich quick" rabbit holes. Achievable goals are the secret to happiness. Nothing wrong with having a stretch goal, but your stretch goal can't be your only goal.

Start getting your hopes up once you've met up a couple times, maybe with friends, and she's still responding to your texts. THEN you can start thinking "hmm, maybe we can take this to another level," and ask her what she thinks. I believe there are a lot of subconscious interactions between people and that the other person can always pick up on your intentions/mood/attitude even if you aren't consciously giving off those vibes. If you start off with your hopes up, "dude my family would love this girl that I just met," you may come off a bit too strong and unintentionally/unknowingly scare her away. All women are different of course, but I think this is a good baseline to work from and you can slow it down or speed it up as the relationship develops.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

mystoneybaby wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:52 pm

A healthier attitude might be: "I'm bummed I didn't get her digits because she seemed cool. Would have been nice to get to know her a little more. Would have been cool to add another friend to my list."
fucking this times a 100000000
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Don't worry, found her on Facebook. Is that creepy? lol
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

bcolephases wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Depends on a few things. Was your interaction something that was flirtatious and could lead to something? If so, not creepy...unless it was incredibly hard to find, then maybe. It also depends on how you play it. If you give her something like, "hey, it was great meeting you the other night. If you're free sometime next week, do you wanna go grab a drink?" Then I think you're fine. If you say something like, "hey! Hey! HEY! IT'S BEEN 5 MINUTES AND YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED. YOU'RE PROBABLY JUST OFF FUCKING SOME OTHER GUY. GIRLS LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO A NICE GUY LIKE ME. I'M HUNG JUST SO YOU KNOW. HERE. SEE. THIS IS MY DICK. THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON. YOU'RE A FAT CUNT ANYWAY. BITCH. I HOPE YOU GET RAPED BY 10000 MINORITIES. Oh you were with your grandparents? Sorry, my friend of was on my computer and was playing a prank lol. So what's up?" Then yeah, that's creepy.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:16 pm
bcolephases wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm
Depends on a few things. Was your interaction something that was flirtatious and could lead to something? If so, not creepy...unless it was incredibly hard to find, then maybe. It also depends on how you play it. If you give her something like, "hey, it was great meeting you the other night. If you're free sometime next week, do you wanna go grab a drink?" Then I think you're fine. If you say something like, "hey! Hey! HEY! IT'S BEEN 5 MINUTES AND YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED. YOU'RE PROBABLY JUST OFF FUCKING SOME OTHER GUY. GIRLS LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO A NICE GUY LIKE ME. I'M HUNG JUST SO YOU KNOW. HERE. SEE. THIS IS MY DICK. THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON. YOU'RE A FAT CUNT ANYWAY. BITCH. I HOPE YOU GET RAPED BY 10000 MINORITIES. Oh you were with your grandparents? Sorry, my friend of was on my computer and was playing a prank lol. So what's up?" Then yeah, that's creepy.
I see your point. The all caps part is kinda secretly how I felt about the first girl. But the other girl I met was super cool and very attractive. I got a pic of her if you wanna see.

"10000 MINORITIES" :lol:
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Anymore advice on how to approach this?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

If this was 15 years ago, this could be the new Rebecca.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Don't add her on FB if you didn't exchange contact info

Just hope to see her again at a future show or something and do that then
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Shiny wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:36 pm Don't add her on FB if you didn't exchange contact info

Just hope to see her again at a future show or something and do that then
Agreed.
ImageImage
ER
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

When a girl rejects your offer for coffee and you try to play it off like you weren't asking her out.