Hi guys

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Hi guys

Post by Jordan311 »

been about a week since anyone's posted. how's everyone's week goin?

jimbo how was your trip?

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Hi guys

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Jordan311 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 pm been about a week since anyone's posted. how's everyone's week goin?

jimbo how was your trip?

Later
Europe?
:evil5: TB>BB
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Also i like this. we should post about how are weeks are going. good way to keep in touch
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

yeah man Europe. You went to Barcelona and all that good stuff right?
Weren't you there like right before that terror attack happened?

Later
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I was in Leeds, Ibiza, Valencia, Barcelona, and Dublin (but did Northern Ireland and Eastern Ireland too). Dude, it was fucking amazing. I mean, on another level. I could live in Barcelona. Weather, women, food, wine...it was all just perfect. I'm gonna try and go to Amsterdam this March. I took a ton of pictures, but this one had to be the best by far.
Attachments
Ireland.jpg
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I was in Barca a few weeks before the attack. Funny enough, when I was going, my dad was telling me to be careful because of all the shit that was going down and my response was, "Dad, it's Spain and more so, it's Barcelona. Nobody wants to attack that place." And then there you go. I hate it for the city. I went solo for the majority of the trip and stayed in hostels. In between "events" when I had nothing to do, I would just go to whatever restaurant was highly rated on google and have some tapas and a glass or two of wine and just love life. A 2 euro glass of wine was worth at least a 10-15 dollar glass here. I have always enjoyed wine, but not to this level. I really learned to have an appreciation for it. I also loved how everything was so damn cheap there. My normal meal came to like 15 euros after wine. I hate that in the States there isn't an actual tapas culture. Not the bullshit we have where it's like "oh hey there, here are some tapas. It's 15 for a plate and you share with your friends!" No, I want the shit where it's like 2 bucks for a small plate and I get to try like 10 things. The most expensive meal I had in Spain cost me 25 euros and it was at a Michelin Plate restaurant in Valencia.

I wish I took more pictures in Spain, but I didn't take my camera unless I went to like the "Futbol" stadium or Sagrada. Here are two more from Ireland. These are from the Cliffs of Mohr.
Attachments
Ireland-2.jpg
ireland 1.jpg
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

hell yeah man, Barcelona was my favorite city when I went to Europe too. I could spend a lot of time there. Had a similar experience, lots of tapas and wine. The tapas restaurants are amazing and it's so great just ordering like 10 different items. Did you go to the food markets there?

Later
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Jordan311 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:01 pm hell yeah man, Barcelona was my favorite city when I went to Europe too. I could spend a lot of time there. Had a similar experience, lots of tapas and wine. The tapas restaurants are amazing and it's so great just ordering like 10 different items. Did you go to the food markets there?

Later
I didn't. I only had 4 days there and it just wasn't enough. Each major stop i made I ended up spending about 4 hours at because I figured since I was going to visit again I wanted to get "all" of whatever I was visiting so next time I can hit up a new spot and won't have to re-visit. Oh so check this shit out. My dumbass didn't realize the running of the bulls was when I was in Spain. I found out when I got there. I so badly wanted to do it but just couldn't swing the last minute hotel fees and travel and I had already paid for my stay and everything in Barca. Next time hopefully. Where all else did you go? Oh and how's the citizenship coming along in Aus?
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:31 pm
Jordan311 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:01 pm hell yeah man, Barcelona was my favorite city when I went to Europe too. I could spend a lot of time there. Had a similar experience, lots of tapas and wine. The tapas restaurants are amazing and it's so great just ordering like 10 different items. Did you go to the food markets there?

Later
I didn't. I only had 4 days there and it just wasn't enough. Each major stop i made I ended up spending about 4 hours at because I figured since I was going to visit again I wanted to get "all" of whatever I was visiting so next time I can hit up a new spot and won't have to re-visit. Oh so check this shit out. My dumbass didn't realize the running of the bulls was when I was in Spain. I found out when I got there. I so badly wanted to do it but just couldn't swing the last minute hotel fees and travel and I had already paid for my stay and everything in Barca. Next time hopefully. Where all else did you go? Oh and how's the citizenship coming along in Aus?
fuckkkk that I would not want to do the running of the bulls. no way lol.

When I went to Europe I went to Budapest, Barcelona, Berlin, Rome, and Milan. I did it all in like a week and a half lol so I had a flight like every other day. It was pretty hectic but awesome.

Yeah still working on the AU residency. Getting a de facto partner visa with my gf since she's got an Aussie passport. So that will get me another 2 year visa, and then after that I can apply for residency. Lots of paperwork and kinda expensive but worth it.

Later
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Oh damn. If I have only a week to do the travel, I'd rather just do like 2 spots. There is so much to do in each city that I can't imagine having so little time.

I'm just hoping with all the shit that's going on in the world and with our glorious leader, Donald J. Trump (SEE, NSA I AM NOT A BAD GUY. I PROMISE), travel doesn't become more expensive and difficult to do. I like being able to book my ticket, maybe paying a small fine for a visa, and moving on.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Got into a wreck. Somehow this shit is my fault. Long story short, I made a left turn and as I completed the turn and was driving away, I got rearended. This fucking sucks. I did not need the expense for a insurance deductible, increase in insurance, and ticket cost. Fucking kill me.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Dude that sux.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

damn son that blows. I've never caused an accident before. been hit once or twice though.

Later
ImageImage
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Totally jealous of all the traveling to different countries. I've only been around eastern Canada. Helps that it's only a 4 hour car rude to the border. Couldn't do a week where I'd go to multiple countries, would need to spend at least a few days in each place. Would feel rushed/overwhelmed trying to do everything I want to do in a short time. I can do 3 cities in Canada in a week now only because I've visited them few times before so know what's worth seeing/skipping.

Sucks about the accident. Boyfriend had one couple years ago backing out of his driveway after huge snow storm. Chick hit the side if his car but because he was backing up was his fault. She lived down street from him and when he went to check something on the info she gave him her husband wasn't even surprised she hit his car. His car had scrapes and her bumper was slightly cracked. His insurance doubled, it sucked.
ImageImage
ER
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

311Chik wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:48 pm Totally jealous of all the traveling to different countries. I've only been around eastern Canada. Helps that it's only a 4 hour car rude to the border.
Same, I've never left the country except for Canada. I did go on cruises as a kid to Mexico, Jamaica, etc - but I really don't count that as those things are very 'sanitized' versions of experiencing another country. I need to get out tho.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

god damn guys what are you doing with your lives? go travel!

Later
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Yeah for the love of God, travel. Save money and go travel. It's absolutely worth it
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I am horrible with flying, that's the main issue with travel. I know it's safe and all the stats of what's more likely to happen, but still doesn't matter. I get wicked stressed and spend half the trip worrying about flight home. If my boyfriend and I could take enough time off to take a boat I would in a heartbeat. Most of our trips now are roadtrips, which are wicked fun. Lately with Canada we do more Toronto/Ottawa trips since there's still so much we haven't done in those areas and we love it there. We have gone up to Newfoundland which was amazing. I want to go back since we were only able to do the West coast of the island when we went.
ImageImage
ER
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

wicked
ImageImage
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Last edited by Shiny on Sun May 07, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.