Best NBA basketball player...

Play Ball!
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Best NBA basketball player...

Post by FrixHex311 »

you jersey boys will like this......

Vince Carter is prob. the best basketball player right now in the country. Too bad his team isnt winning too many games right now

but the best team in the NBA is my D-TOWN Mavs!!! Dirk Nowitzki, Jason "the jet" Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Devin harris, Dampier, Devean George the best TEAM in the NBA

oh and i am a huge UNC fan.... Great win last night against DUK-IE by the way... UNC consistantly has the best talent in the country every year, just keep puttin out great NBA players.
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

#1. vince isnt the best i dont think. nowitski, nash, arenas, bryant, boozer, all the popular answers, but probably better than vince. dont get me wrong vince is sick, im a converted semi-nets fan from the GF, but i just cant call him the best, i think part of being the best is the whole team thing, which leads me to

#2 agreed

#3, why are you a UNC fan?
I Want to Believe :evil5:
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

i grew up in North Carolina and my Mothers whole family lives there, i go there all the time... G-pa graduated from there
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

LeBron James will be the best basketball player of all time. Period.
:evil5:
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

AGENT ZERO
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Either Lebron James or Steve Nash.

FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

they might be the best later in our life but untill they win a championship they are all just all-star players
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

uhhhh well when did vince carter win one?
I Want to Believe :evil5:
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

KyleRayner wrote:uhhhh well when did vince carter win one?
Oh snap!

antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

watching these guys today on the court, makes me wonder how it was back in the day (everything before jordan redefined the sport really) and how fucking sweet it was to catch Dr. J in action, or Pistol Pete. THOSE guys are the greatest basketball players alive. You can't really call anybody the best until they retire and see how much they've accomplished in their career.
Let's put a smile on that face
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Best NBA basketball player...

Post by $lmjimy311 »

FrixHex311 wrote:you jersey boys will like this......

Vince Carter is prob. the best basketball player right now in the country. Too bad his team isnt winning too many games right now

but the best team in the NBA is my D-TOWN Mavs!!! Dirk Nowitzki, Jason "the jet" Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Devin harris, Dampier, Devean George the best TEAM in the NBA

oh and i am a huge UNC fan.... Great win last night against DUK-IE by the way... UNC consistantly has the best talent in the country every year, just keep puttin out great NBA players.
hell yes, unc ftw, i was gettin worried for a litlte bit there man, they were down most all of the game, what really pisses me off is that they lost to my college (NC State), state played the perfect game, missing only 4 shots in the second half, unc on the other hand played like dog shit, only 8 rebounds to states 15 close to the end of the first half, and what was up with roy during that game? he wasnt his usual self, he was sitting down and being a little bitch the entire game, the team needed him to stand up and coach, literally...that was pissin me off, now i have to take shit from my suite mates and the other students here becuase they won one game over unc...their first in 6
:evil5: TB>BB
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Lebron James is over rated. Just because he's logged the minutes of a veteran everyone thinks his first few years were something super special. But he's not nearly as talented, determined, or as intelligent as the likes of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. His dunks are unoriginal, his shooting percentage sucks (especially for someone so capable of "getting to the hole") and his priorities are backwards. He cares more about personal statistics and money than actually winning.

Best player right now: Kobe Bryant. Second best: Dwane Wade. Third: Kevin Garnett. Fourth: Steve Nash.

Dirk is over rated too.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

LeBron James:

Facing the Sacramento Kings in his first NBA game, he scored 25 points in addition to nine assists, six rebounds, and four steals on 12-of-20 shooting . He earned Rookie of the Year honors, finishing his rookie season with 20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 5.9 assists per game. He joined Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan as the only three players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists per game in a rookie season.

In the 2004-2005 season, James became the youngest player to register a triple-double and the youngest player to score 50 points in one game.

At the 2006 NBA All-Star Game, James led the Eastern Conference team to victory with a 29-point, six-rebound performance. He was awarded the game's MVP, becoming the youngest player to do so.

James finished the season with 31.4 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game, joining Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and Michael Jordan as the only players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a single season. James also became the youngest player in NBA history to average at least 30 points per game in a season. During one stretch James scored 35 or more points in nine consecutive games. The only other players since 1970 to accomplish that feat were Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

On April 22 James made his playoff debut against the Washington Wizards and recorded a triple-double, with 32 points, 11 assists and 11 rebounds in the Game 1 victory. He became the third player in NBA history to register a triple-double in his playoff debut, joining Johnny McCarthy (1960) and Magic Johnson (1980).

On April 28 in Game 3, he became the first player to score over 40 points in his first playoff road game, with 41 in a win over the Wizards.

James averaged 30.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, and 5.8 apg in his first ever playoff appearance in the NBA.

Sayzak, STFU AND GTFO.
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Shawn Marion is the best player in the NBA. I think Steve Nash is the MVP though. LeBron will never win as many rings as Jordan, so he will never get the recognition he deserves IMO.
So its come to this?
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

DIRK!
Anti-Dentite
Here I sit in idle envy

Post by Anti-Dentite »

it all depends on how you define "best player in the country"

best player with regards to what? championships? wins/losses? stats? being from jersey, and with all the candidates in the NBA, vince carter is not the best basketball player in the country. its hard to define the best basketball player in the country because theres too much to consider. the most exciting you can make an argument for, but theres too much talent to single one person out. is this all because you're a UNC fan haha?
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Subnova wrote:LeBron James:

Facing the Sacramento Kings in his first NBA game, he scored 25 points in addition to nine assists, six rebounds, and four steals on 12-of-20 shooting . He earned Rookie of the Year honors, finishing his rookie season with 20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 5.9 assists per game. He joined Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan as the only three players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists per game in a rookie season.

In the 2004-2005 season, James became the youngest player to register a triple-double and the youngest player to score 50 points in one game.

At the 2006 NBA All-Star Game, James led the Eastern Conference team to victory with a 29-point, six-rebound performance. He was awarded the game's MVP, becoming the youngest player to do so.

James finished the season with 31.4 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game, joining Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and Michael Jordan as the only players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a single season. James also became the youngest player in NBA history to average at least 30 points per game in a season. During one stretch James scored 35 or more points in nine consecutive games. The only other players since 1970 to accomplish that feat were Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

On April 22 James made his playoff debut against the Washington Wizards and recorded a triple-double, with 32 points, 11 assists and 11 rebounds in the Game 1 victory. He became the third player in NBA history to register a triple-double in his playoff debut, joining Johnny McCarthy (1960) and Magic Johnson (1980).

On April 28 in Game 3, he became the first player to score over 40 points in his first playoff road game, with 41 in a win over the Wizards.

James averaged 30.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, and 5.8 apg in his first ever playoff appearance in the NBA.

Sayzak, STFU AND GTFO.
Him being the youngest to do those things means nothing because he was drafted out of high school and played over 40 minutes per game as a rookie. He's worshiped as the savior of that franchise so everything and everyone goes through him. He is responsible for a mild resurgence in the nba's popularity. All that being said, it's no wonder why he gets so much playing time, and so many passes from his nba brethren. He's also a freak of nature, probably took steroids since he was 14.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Sayzak wrote:
Subnova wrote:LeBron James:

Sayzak, STFU AND GTFO.
Him being the youngest to do those things means nothing because he was drafted out of high school and played over 40 minutes per game as a rookie. He's worshiped as the savior of that franchise so everything and everyone goes through him. He is responsible for a mild resurgence in the nba's popularity. All that being said, it's no wonder why he gets so much playing time, and so many passes from his nba brethren. He's also a freak of nature, probably took steroids since he was 14.
Yes cause anyone who is good MUST take sterioids. :roll:

$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I didn't say that.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Sayzak wrote:He's also a freak of nature, probably took steroids since he was 14.
Yes you did.