So... All Day whoopin' his kids. How do you feel about it?

Play Ball!
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

So... All Day whoopin' his kids. How do you feel about it?

Post by $ayzak »

A.P. is built like a tank, and drew blood several times on his kid. He says that's how he was raised, so it's ok.

I think A.P. needs some counseling. Years of it. Then once he discovers that he was a victim of child abuse he's going to need more counseling to come to grips with the fact that he beat his kid. Then he'll have to pay for years of counseling for his kid. Probably all of his kids. And he'll have to pay off his baby mamas who are probably texting him in a flurry, "5 million dollars or the pictures go to the feds."

I haven't seen a non-steroid related (verdict is out there) fall from grace this bad since... Pete Rose.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Re: So... All Day whoopin' his kids. How do you feel about it?

Post by KyleRayner »

You pretty much summed it up for me. I was switched and spanked with a belt, but blood was never drawn and long lasting marks were never left. A spanking that hurts just a little is as effective as a "whoopin" that draws blood to a little kid. Thereafter the threat of spanking is pretty much all that is needed.

He's also a moron for not learning after the first time.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I had to do a little soul searching over the last couple of days. My knee-jerk reaction was for more forgiving of A.P. than it is now. I went over several things in my mind, and the more I think about it, the more I am angry at myself for not feeling sooner what I should have felt immediately. This issue is sad, and that sadness is compounded by the fact that it isn't immediately more sad to more people. So many seemingly capable adults are just hardened victims perpetuating abuse. Or making excuses for it. Or ignoring it. What does that say about us as a people that something as terrible as excessively harming a 4 year old child isn't an absolutely cut and dry, black and white, right or wrong issue for everyone? I feel saturated by the dysfunction of it all, even though I was not abused in that way, and nothing would ever compel me to take that kind of action against a child. The fact that my morals hesitated. The fact that I'm not the only one. It's fucking gross.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

corporal punishment is barbaric
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I'm fine with beating your kids...I'm not fine with how far he took it.
:evil5: TB>BB
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

You're fine with beating my kids? That's strange...........
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I think spanking should use sparingly or it's not worth a shit.

Sometimes kids need a good smack. I'm just saying. However most of the time when a kid is a little shit and deserves a beating it's his parents who really are behind the shittiness through poor parenting. SO I say beat the parents first, then the kid if the behavior keeps up!
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Sometimes they need a little pat on the tookus. But I don't have kids so what do I know. . .
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

so many non-parents giving parental advice. awesome.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

ya'll hilarious. My kids are very well behaved, then again I have 2 girls. I've been with friends and their boys and I want to punt them across the yard. So yeah.