Will Mindspin is dead. Long live the Mindspin!

Nice to meet you.
Mindspin
But needles never ever love

Will Mindspin is dead. Long live the Mindspin!

Post by Mindspin »

Wow, I was surprised to find that there has been so much discussion about me on this board over the years before I came here. I was just bored and look what I found…

Now let's travel back through the hazy mists of time to over six years and seven months ago…
311Baybee wrote:i think you guys are overreacting... The fact that you guys are still holding grudges against the bannings from 311forums astounds me. basically, you joined a site with terms and conditions. you didnt abide by them.
Jordan311 wrote:I got into an argument in a topic
I appreciate Jordan's honesty on this point. Argumentative people tend to do get in arguments a lot, and that tends to be frowned upon on websites with terms and conditions indicating they attempt to maintain a positive atmosphere for everyone. But it is true that arguing a point of view in of itself isn’t the issue, just what it can lead to (and did).
Jordan311 wrote:I got into an argument in a topic where Will Mindspin(a moderator) had disrespected me, so it's no surprise that I talked right back. Of course, Will did a great job of covering his tracks and deleting the topic so Smoke(the only one with banning powers) couldn't read the topic or even recover it, to see what the argument was all about. Will requested my banning and since I assume Smoke had no choice but to side with the moderator on it, he's banned me for a week.
Since I deleted the thread, it was his word against mine. He's free to say anything he wants (and did), so here is my side, for the record…
Jordan311 wrote:Image
I don't remember what the argument was about or who Jordan was having it with, but I had read a back-and-forth between him and someone else he didn't agree with on something. Jordan resorted to personal attacks against that person. To be civilized when debating a point, you only attack the point you disagree with, not the person. Jordan made it personal, and I called Jordan out on it in the thread with a warning to not continue to do that. My first post about it was very nice and friendly. It had no disrespect whatsoever, unlike some of his posts in the thread. My first post in reply was very carefully worded to only criticize Jordan‘s behavior in the topic, not disrespect him as a person. At that point, I was not being hypocritical. But then Jordan started going off on me and how it was ok to be a dick in an argument on the internet and how I'm just a pussy, blah, blah, blah.

That was the point that, based on the terms and conditions, I was supposed to move the thread backstage where Smoke could have reviewed it and then banned Jordan with the evidence of him disrespecting someone else, and then a moderator. But that is where I first failed. I understood Smoke's sensible policy, but I didn't follow it. I continued responding to Jordan. And him to me. I let him bring me down to his level. Every time I posted resulted in a reply from Jordan that further publicly disrespected a moderator, so in anger, I just deleted the thread. But I wasn't just angry at Jordan for name-calling. I was just as angry at myself. And so Smoke's 2nd policy I failed to follow was deleting the thread.

But let's be real here. Even if I had not deleted the thread, there would have been no difference in the end result. Jordan did violate the terms and conditions and was often behaving like an immature bratty douche to people he disagreed with on a site that was supposed to be about positivity. And I still had violated the rules myself by responding to Jordan after his first personal attack on me. Smoke would have still banned us both for one week.

Since I had deleted the thread, I deserved to be banned for that. But I honestly admitted to Smoke how I had replied to Jordan - There was no “cover-up” (lol). And Jordan was still banned for one week because Jordan had a history on 311 Heaven of not only being argumentative, but also making it personal. He had gotten warnings from other mods before this happened. And other people who had posted on that thread or had read that thread (before it had been deleted) had PMed Smoke in my defense and testified that Jordan was being argumentative with others, and that he had made it personal, even before I had got there. Jordan deserved to be banned too. One week? I hope that didn't hurt Jordan's feelings. It was just a band forum. I agree with Ally that many of you overreacted.

I had no problem with Smoke banning me. Smoke was obviously not siding with the moderator. I, a moderator, got banned for the same exact week Jordan. That was fair and impartial. Jordan started it, but I admitted it went further and shouldn’t have. I’ve come completely clean and honest about my part in the incident. If I was going to lie, then I would certainly put a lot better “spin” on my part in it.
midnightangel wrote:stewie says you got banned for being rude.... wtf?
Jordan was being rude in that case, and others. There were plenty of threads that were not deleted that proved that. The rules of that board said you couldn't call people names. It’s not only rude - It’s childish. Jordan could be an antagonistic punk at times back then (but he wasn’t the only one).
Jordan311 wrote:If someone disrespects me, I'm gonna give it straight to them right back. Moderator, or not.
Funny that you say that, because that is exactly what happened, but in reverse. You disrespected someone else first by switching from attacking their point to attacking the person. Then when I respectfully warned you to stop, you disrespected me too. And then I was the one who gave it “back” to you (but shouldn’t have as a Moderator). Hopefully you don’t still don’t feel like you did in 2005, but this comes across like you feel it is ok for you to be disrespectful to people first (and second) and start the cycle. Then and still now, I NEVER disrespect people first.
Jordan311 wrote:It is true that I had been PMed about certain issues almst a month ago by Will
It is true. I remember that. But why would I have had any reason to PM you? People that think they never do anything wrong never start at the beginning…
Jordan311 wrote:but the manner in which he talked to me showed much disrespect
I doubt that, but I am sorry that you felt that way. And again, I never would have had any reason to PM you in the first place if you hadn’t been disrespectful to others publicly on the forum anyway. PMs are where any disrespect should have stayed on that site, not out on the open.
Jordan311 wrote:he claimed I was a "negative 311 fan“
Anyone who argues a lot and then inevitably starts personally degrading people for their opinions that you disagree with IS “negative“. And you are a “311 fan“.
Jordan311 wrote:he… told me that I'm eaily the most negative person on the boards, as well as told me flat-out that he didn't believe I would be able to make the change necessary for me to be able to stay on the foums.
That was a little attempted reverse psychology. From the way you behaved, I thought you were just some high school kid who might react positively to that. I had hoped that you would prove me wrong and stop being so negative to others.
Jordan311 wrote:Of course, all of these accusations pissed me off, because I certainly don't agree with any of them.
Good, I‘m glad to read you don’t agree with accusations of being negative. That’s awesome. If you act positive then those accusations become false. But it is easy to just say you are not being negative. The proof is in the pudding. Act positive to others and no one will have reason to ever call you negative.
Jordan311 wrote:So I guess ever since, he's held a grudge, and this is how it ended up.
So false! I never had a negative grudge, as I instead had positive hope at that point that your antagonistic behavior on the boards would stop and you would stop disrespecting others by rude, childish name-calling. At the time I admit I was frustrated by your ongoing behavior on the board, but it wasn’t personal. Until that thread I had deleted, you were never negative to me. You had never publicly disrespected me before that. I had only observed you being negative to others before that point.

And after my ban was lifted, I immediately went back to the board the first thing I posted was a public apology to you, and everyone else for me taking a band forum so seriously and trying to enforce my beliefs of how civilized people should behave there. I had realized in my week off that I didn’t have to put up with all the negativity on the boards because I didn’t have to go to that site and be subjected to it if I didn’t want to.

I had no grudge then, and I still don’t to this day. I’ve been on this site since 2009 and have I ever said one thing negative to you? Have I ever PMed you? No. The past is the past and I’m happy to move forward.

Actually, the week off from the 311 Heaven forum during my ban gave me a lot of much-needed personal perspective because it really made me think hard about my personal priorities in my own life. I started to come to terms with the fact that I was suffering from a severe drug addiction at that point. I didn’t only quit being a 311 forum moderator. I also went clean. Been sober for over 6 years now. Oh, I can still drink a couple beers here and there, but alcohol never was my thing. So it always was and still is easy for me to not over-do alcohol. Later that year (2005) I met the woman who is now my wife in a circumstance that never would have occurred if I hadn’t quit dope (and she’s never touched the stuff so no temptations at home). Now I’m married and have the most awesome, wonderful son I could have dreamed of having. My life is so blessed now without my unhealthy addiction.

So thank you Jordan and Smoke for your unintentional roles in helping me get my life back on track! I am grateful for the positive outcome it ended up having in my life.
Jordan311 wrote:I'm glad that Will Mindspin, and Kevin (somewhat) got their dues
If you meant my one week ban, then yes, I am very glad I got that too...
DoYouRight311 wrote:yes a few of the moderators were screwing around and deleting certain posts and smoke gets blamed for his hard work on 311heaven and smoke banned will and kevin from being a moderator for not discussing certain thing with him breaking the rules or some shit
I was never banned from being a moderator. I voluntarily quit. Smoke and Ally can back that up. I no longer wanted to be a moderator (and be responsible for moving threads backstage that violated the terms and conditions of the site). Smoke was very cordial about it and made it clear that I was welcome to continue being a moderator, but he respected my decision if I didn’t want to be. After that I didn’t want to even visit the site much because at that point I was better off leaving it in the past, along with my drug problem. And then one day the site was gone and I didn’t even know that it was going to be closed. I still to this day have never found out what happened with the 311 Heaven forums, but I haven’t lost any sleep over it.

And that thread with Jordan was the only thread I ever deleted. I was not aware of other moderators deleting any threads, if that really happened. Perhaps that happened after I quit.
09/12/95, 09/15/95, 08/17/97, 11/26/99, 03/08/00, 06/09/00, 11/11/00, 09/23/01, 08/18/02, 07/24/03, 08/01/03, 10/27/03, 03/11/04, 07/13/04, 08/14/05, 08/08/06, 08/02/07, 07/13/08, 06/17/09, 06/24/2010, 07/05/13 = 21 shows

Everything you do, it comes back to you, whatever it may be
To just know hate, well that's so sad. What a life, strife
There's much power in anger, but love's a bigger banger
It's a waste to be a hater
All the angst shit is just cheesy
Be positive
Take on the Love and the good Karma
Suckas look up to thugs, they like the attitude... the harder they act just to hide their insecurity
The only thing you always try to be is hard, because you're scared that someone might pull your card
I don’t dis people, I dis ideas. And when I say dis I mean disagree
Mindspin

Being up on the Mindspin

Post by Mindspin »

Jordan311 wrote:Oh well, it's just a forum, life will go on
So true!

And since some people have wondered how my life went on, no I didn’t go to the official BB. I registered there, and then later my account was blocked so I never did post there (from what I hear no loss and I would have hated it). I didn’t stop being a 311 fan either (even after DToM and the 4 year release hiatus). I continued seeing 311 every summer from 2005-2010, and had an absolute blast with a lot of cool friends. I never stopped playing 311, despite my preference for the 90s material. I just didn’t go back to any 311 internet forums until 2009 when I came back here…
SKAbatula wrote:Damn J...with Will? He's a cool cat, too.
The only reason I stayed on this site is because Ska assured me that Jordan was cool here. I must admit that Jordan does not seem quite so antagonistic anymore, even though it is allowed here. For a free-for-all site that has no rules, Jordan is actually one of the coolest people here! And I think he actually contributes a lot of the genuine humor from what I’ve read.

Jordan, since the old forum is long gone from the internet, I’m happy to re-post my official apology here for the world to see. I am sorry that I deleted that thread and didn’t follow the Smoke‘s rule. I am sorry that I let you get under my skin and reacted to your disrespectful personal attacks with the same. I was the moderator so I should have rose above and been a better example of positivity in that case. I am sorry I took a band website so seriously. I have nothing against you or anyone for anything that happened 6 years ago. I feel it is safe to say that we have both matured since 2005. I’m really a nice guy, even cooler than before without the monkey on my back. Do you forgive me? Now that we’ve both said our piece, I’m trying to make peace here. Cool?
09/12/95, 09/15/95, 08/17/97, 11/26/99, 03/08/00, 06/09/00, 11/11/00, 09/23/01, 08/18/02, 07/24/03, 08/01/03, 10/27/03, 03/11/04, 07/13/04, 08/14/05, 08/08/06, 08/02/07, 07/13/08, 06/17/09, 06/24/2010, 07/05/13 = 21 shows

Be positive
Suckas look up to thugs, they like the attitude... the harder they act just to hide their insecurity
The only thing you always try to be is hard, because you're scared that someone might pull your card
Mindspin

The triumphant return of Will Mindspin!

Post by Mindspin »

So where’s the love? Oh, here it is!
311Baybee wrote:from 311 heaven i have spoken with will mindspin, maria, ben..
311Baybee wrote:smoke (ben) will mindspin, and natty dreadlocks all chipped in and bought me a poster at 311 day and mailed it to me because i couldnt go. That was one of the nicest things a practically perfect stranger has ever done for me.
Station wrote:those guys rock. will sent me a book in the mail. it was good, too.
311Baybee wrote:yeah will sent me books on my birthday about the celestine prophecy, it was phenomenally kind of him
Alexnova wrote:There wasn't too much activity on 311forums.com… If we get everyone from there to here, that would be pretty sweet. Will Mindspin is an awesome guy.
311Baybee wrote:i got my start as a 311 internet chat thing back on 311heaven. i met a LOT of incredible people from that site :willmindspin, SMOKE, greg/stewierules, nattydreadlox
Station wrote:Those guys all rule. If 311forums is really gone, I hope they join here rather than getting involved with the UBB or getting out of the 311 online community alltogether. Just because they rock.
$ayzak wrote:I would love to see will mindspin and smoke join up over here... most people have uber-respect for them fellas, it might actually rub off on some people.
Shiny wrote:I've always found this fan site awesome---

http://home.earthlink.net/~mindspin311/id2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ["The Wisdom of 311"]

Has a collection of their lyrics in short quote prose format...and it makes it easy to see how many positive messages 311 truely has in their lyrics
Station wrote:That is a page off of the main site Mindspin 311. It is Will Mindspin's site and one of the coooolest out there.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mindspin311/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
311Baybee wrote:thats will's page! he used to post on heaven a ton, and is a general all over good guy... i fuckin miss that guy, will mindspin
$lmjimy311 wrote:
CollapsingVisionary wrote:i was expecting to see that dude who loves indy in here.
SKA!!!!!!

and willmindspin...he should post here
Alexnova wrote:I think Will Mindspin says it best: Evolver seems to totally fulfill what From Chaos was trying hard to be: the next phase in the evolution of 311
$lmjimy311 wrote:Seeing some of the regulars on there who i basically worshiped as much as you could worship a forum entity, will mindspin, ally, station, i cant belive its been like 3 years since ive met some of you guys.
ska wrote: Will (Mindspin) was awesome, also. I got him to join the Indy message board.
$lmjimy311 wrote:what if… dave never stole the demos from nicks computer....do you think we would still be on 311 heaven? would we have a shit ton more members? would smoke still be cool? would people still call dana a regular? what about will mindspin? and maria?
$lmjimy311 wrote:
$nipe wrote:Old TBers you'd like to see posting here again…
juiceman
ally
dynamo
willmindspin
puma
drummer
Thanks everyone!

Ska, thanks for your kindness all these years. Jimy, you're awesome too. You two are easily the coolest regulars here on this site. Kings among men, you are.

Ally, I've known you since you were what, 16? If there ever was a Princess of 311, it would be you. Thanks for everything.

Smoke, Hexum Junkie, Natty Dreadlox, it's great to see my fellow Ohioans here. You rock!

And to all the other cool peeps out there, keep on keepin' on. You know who you are!

Oh, and I guess I should have started out this thread with the revelatory statement, but oh well, here it is now, inspired by the dialogue of my other favorite Harrison Ford franchise:
Mindspin: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to Will Mindspin.
Luke Skywalker: He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him!
Mindspin: NO... I am WILL MINDSPIN.
Luke Skywalker: No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!
Mindspin: Search your feelings. You know it to be true!
8)

Be positive
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Will Mindspin is dead. Long live the Mindspin!

Post by fatlip »

what?
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

gracias.
:evil5: TB>BB
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I don't have time for this.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

why the hell is this even posted here? too much time? need to kick up more bullshit dust in this place?
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

TLDNR
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I believe his posting shows what a helluva guy Will is.

and his recollection of events is pretty spot on for being over 5+ years ago!
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

jesus christ. someone has too much time on their hands. I didn't even notice this topic until now, and it's what... 10 days old? Still currently too busy to read all the way through it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure nobody cares about whatever internet drama happened like 6 years ago on a 311 message board.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Jordan311 wrote:jesus christ. someone has too much time on their hands. I didn't even notice this topic until now, and it's what... 10 days old? Still currently too busy to read all the way through it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure nobody cares about whatever internet drama happened like 6 years ago on a 311 message board.

Later
Then why bother posting if you haven't even had time to read it.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I did read the whole thing and am still puzzled at the point of it. The last part especially. So you searched your name and quoted every time somebody mentioned you or how cool you are? Why? Why even bother posting your man-drama with jordan. EVERYBODY on this forum(and previous ones) has had issues with him, they bitch 'n moan, then move on. I still haven't read what the point of posting this was.

I've never had issue with you before, but if you consider this reply reflection worthy, I demand rights to the script that is to be written about it. I'm sure Jordan's pissed he won't see any profits from the webisode of "days of our TB lives" coming next fall on the CW.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Are you guys retarded. He said why he posted it in the first sentence

"Wow, I was surprised to find that there has been so much discussion about me on this board over the years before I came here. I was just bored and look what I found…"
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

"Look what I found" is a statement for something that can either be described in a few paragraphs or a link to something. Not a god dammed book about the bullshit drama days, thus my posing the question as to why was this posted. So yes, I'm extremely retarded, along with everybody else that replied to this, minus smoke of course.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Hey Will! I'm glad to know you've been around. Is there a reason you chose to keep your identity secret since joining? At least you got a nicer response when you first registered... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15220&p=194140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm always supportive of some historical documentation. Also, any post that mentions the 311 chat days gets an upvote from me!
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

dj3stripes wrote:I did read the whole thing and am still puzzled at the point of it. The last part especially. So you searched your name and quoted every time somebody mentioned you or how cool you are? Why? Why even bother posting your man-drama with jordan. EVERYBODY on this forum(and previous ones) has had issues with him, they bitch 'n moan, then move on. I still haven't read what the point of posting this was.

I've never had issue with you before, but if you consider this reply reflection worthy, I demand rights to the script that is to be written about it. I'm sure Jordan's pissed he won't see any profits from the webisode of "days of our TB lives" coming next fall on the CW.

:lol:
ImageImage
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i remember the old 311 mindspin site. That was before i even started posting on heaven.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i ctrl+f'd my name and nothing came up.

i mad
Mindspin

Post by Mindspin »

It's simple, and I'll keep this post short and to the point for all of you...

When I first registered here a few years ago, at the time I didn't think that anyone cared if I was 311 Heaven's "Will Mindspin" or not, so I didn't mention it back then. Then recently I found that I had been wrong. Some people did care afterall. So I decided to let everyone know, for those that missed me.

I had also thought that no one would care about internet drama that happened 6 years ago, but I was proven wrong again when Smoke had registered here. I was surprised to see that Smoke actually got sh!t for internet drama from six years ago (which is totally lame).

So when I decided to come forward as Will Mindspin, I expected sh!t based on Smoke's reception this year. So I also addressed the internet drama from six years ago that is still available to be read about on this forum to this day. Jordan's teenage postings of the 6-year old drama were skewed and not entirely correct. Since some people here did care about Will Mindspin, I thought it was appropriate to post the whole truth.

Since the 311 Heaven forums are no longer available on the web, this website hold's the only remaining legacy of "Will Mindpsin" (beside's my out-of-date website which doesn't address the drama or even mention 311 Heaven or forums). This website only had Jordan's side. So I posted my side. The saga is now complete. I didn't post this thread to drudge up old sh!t. I posted it to finally put the issue to rest...

...And clear the past to move forward. Part of the so-called drama was related to my drug problem. I sincerely wanted to show appreciation for the unknowing part Jordan (and Smoke) played in my recovery. I'm sorry if this still doesn't make sense. It makes more sense to those who have to struggle and defeat severe addiction. If you haven't had that experience in life, then great! You'll just have to take my word for it that this thread is just as much for me as it is for those who cared about whatever happened to "Will Mindspin".

Again, Jordan, I'm sorry for my part in that internet drama from 6 years ago. I'm glad to read that you don't care about that anymore. Jordan and smoke, thank you for your positive contribution to my life.

Be positive
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i was drunk last night and read this and was like OHH MAN THAT SUCKS THAT GUY DIED?????