WTF is a brodel?

Nice to meet you.
antism
I am sly in the mix I am the mix master

WTF is a brodel?

Post by antism »

Some stoned kids used it as a term of endearment amongst friends....yah, I get it! :lol:

Old skool fan. Traded 311 bootlegs on cassette (remember those?) via snail mail back in the mid 90's (Pretty sure I've still got them in storage). Back then I spent most of my time sending PMs to other traders on aol, and a lot of time in 311 chatrooms.

Anyways, fell off the bandwagon after Evolver was released, and jumped right back on for UP. Glad to be here and see what this community is all about.

Sidenote...other than the "archive" is there a spot to find recent live recordings? Lookin' for some good 2011 shows without having to rip crappy youtube vids.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Re: WTF is a brodel?

Post by dj3stripes »

antism wrote:Some stoned kids used it as a term of endearment amongst friends....yah, I get it! :lol:

Old skool fan. Traded 311 bootlegs on cassette (remember those?) via snail mail back in the mid 90's (Pretty sure I've still got them in storage). Back then I spent most of my time sending PMs to other traders on aol, and a lot of time in 311 chatrooms.

Anyways, fell off the bandwagon after Evolver was released, and jumped right back on for UP. Glad to be here and see what this community is all about.

Sidenote...other than the "archive" is there a spot to find recent live recordings? Lookin' for some good 2011 shows without having to rip crappy youtube vids.

Thanks to the smartphone era and the lack of an open taping policy, it appears that bootlegging of 311 shows has died, nearly completely (at least to us mortals, not sure about the elitist underground traders).

I'm going to take a guess that the policy will either be open again soon, or they'll actually release some of the stuff themselves. At least that HDnet thing should be up later this fall/early winter from the Chicago show........
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

antism wrote: Sidenote...other than the "archive" is there a spot to find recent live recordings? Lookin' for some good 2011 shows without having to rip crappy youtube vids.
yup. Archive is all I have found. And typically is shit 128kbps mp3s. Some may claim to be flac, but the boot is sooo bad it doesn't even matter.
antism
I am sly in the mix I am the mix master

Post by antism »

Wait, did you say the band doesn't allow open taping?! WTF!? Since when does that bullshit happen? I get that they're off a label now and trying to make $$, but honestly the live shows are their lifeblood. And cutting this out is only going to hurt their fans and revenue.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

well, since you didnt even notice and it's been in effect since the snoop dogg tour, then i'd say you're wrong..............
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I was under the impression that the policy allowed it. Really though I don't see the point, its not like 311 is a jam band where there is enough of a difference for me to care.
:evil5: TB>BB