I'm back

Nice to meet you.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

I'm back

Post by Smoke »

Hi,
I'm Ben. If you're an old schooler you may remember me from the 311heaven.com message board. I ran the forum after the hostest with the mostest skedaddled. I don't really remember off hand why I closed it.

Finally got this site unblocked at work, which is where I do most of my browsing (in my downtime!)

What's up?

Smoke
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Re: I'm back

Post by pnutwannabe »

The man who is most responsible for the rebirth of TB.

Welcome back. Thoughts on DTOM?

:evil5:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

wow. He's back.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

pnutwannabe wrote:The man who is most responsible for the rebirth of TB.

The album?
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Smoke311 wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:The man who is most responsible for the rebirth of TB.

The album?
It was a demo joke.

Just the same, welcome back.

Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Hiya, Seems some of you remember me :-)
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

omg!!!!!!!!!! smoke, how you been?
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

hi smoke! for the longest time i thought you were the one who banned me from 311heaven. but you werent so i appologize. it turned out to be "kevin" =K=

To: fatlip
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:30 pm
Subject: Word of advice. Quote message
If you want to continue to post here, I wouldn't do that again.
=K=

To: Kevin
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:53 pm
Subject: Re: Word of advice.
and heres one for you...

snide remarks are completely unnecessary... all you had to do was delete it or ask me to and i would have in .04 seconds..
dont be bitter becuase i didnt send you songs. i know you ask other people for info on me so you can get some of the demos.
i know you're a mod and you're probably going to ban me on a powertrip when i tell you to back the fuck off and dont be a hypocrite
p.s. i DO appriciate the second chance.. but remarks like that are COMPLETELY unnecessary.

To: fatlip
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:18 am
Subject: Re: Word of advice. Quote message
Dave, fatlip, th3 1ns1de source..or whatever you're calling yourself: your days are numbered If it were up to me(entirely), your ass would be long-gone. Enjoy the 311heaven bulletin board, while you still can. It's only a matter of time. You think I'm bitter? haha, please. Honestly, I would love nothing more than to hear some new 311, but you can take your STOLEN demos and shove em' up your ass. You should be thankful Peter/Nick and co. aren't as pissed about this as I am. You are without question, the biggest hypocrite I've ever had the dis-pleasure of knowing. Luckily, soon you will no longer exist. Alteast not as far as 311heaven is concerned. By the way, I pray I never run into you. You should pray, as well. No threat, but I promise you will regret it.
=K=

To: Kevin
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:17 am
Subject: Re: Word of advice. Edit message
run into me? ahahah .. oh please dude.. dont be an internet tough guy.. we have enough of you around here... no need for more
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

thanks for the lol fatlip
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i mean smoke is the one who enacted the ban (lame) but it was really kevin causing all the trouble

whatever happened to that loser?
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

we should ban him. harhar
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

wow. smoke.... ridiculous!

I'd say ban him, but I'm sure he won't stick around long anyway.

Later
ImageImage
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I heard this guy was a power hungry cunt
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Hi smoker
:evil5: TB>BB
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I'm quite certain anyone I banned from 311heaven deserved it. But let's take it to a jury trial and see. LoL

Frankly if band management asked you, to not assist in the perpetrating in the spreading of songs that were taken, wouldn't you? I was helping to run a 311 fan board at the time, surely cooler heads could understand why it was the right thing to do.

For those of you who wanted to get the songs, they were out there to get. I just wasn't going to let 311heavens name get raked through the muck for some folks that didn't share in our community.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i'm glad you like to take yourself so seriously, if not we would never have been free. think about it, if this square was in charge of these boards all this time instead of alex how much fun and mischief would've been squelched.

no one doesn't like you because you banned us from some forum like 6 years ago, we just generally don't like the idea of you. so why don't you fuck off?

sic semper tyrannis! :wink:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Element wrote:i'm glad you like to take yourself so seriously, if not we would never have been free. think about it, if this square was in charge of these boards all this time instead of alex how much fun and mischief would've been squelched.

no one doesn't like you because you banned us from some forum like 6 years ago, we just generally don't like the idea of you. so why don't you fuck off?

Hmmm. I'm not sure I take myself too seriously. However, when I'm helping to run a fan community forum for 311. I think it stands in line to represent their wishes when those wishes a reasonable.

I'm sorry you don't agree with "my past" boards ethical philosophy, from 4 years+ ago. I'm glad you found a home here. To each their own. I tend to think that most people looked on me and their time on 311heaven.com favorably. Maybe I'm wrong. I can't say I've thought about it until some of you expressed hostility.

Maybe you're just a disgruntled youth that hates authority even when it's on an internet message board.

Maybe you need a hug?
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Smoke311 wrote:
Element wrote:i'm glad you like to take yourself so seriously, if not we would never have been free. think about it, if this square was in charge of these boards all this time instead of alex how much fun and mischief would've been squelched.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I take myself too seriously. However, when I'm helping to run a fan community forum for 311. I think it stands in line to represent their wishes when those wishes a reasonable.

I'm sorry you don't agree with "my past" boards ethical philosophy, from 4 years+ ago. I'm glad you found a home here. To each their own. I tend to think that most people looked on me and their time on 311heaven.com favorably. Maybe I'm wrong. I can't say I've thought about it until some of you expressed hostility.

Maybe you're just a disgruntled youth that hates authority even when it's on an internet message board.

Maybe you need a hug?

ill admit that initially i had no issue with you, but then the dtom demos happened and i hated you, but then once i thought about it again after seeing you post on here, i cant exactly blame you for not wanting to your ass fucked by 311 management (i cant remember but i figure that there would have been legal ramifications, or at least threats of) and any of us probably would have done that same. you were someone we could put the blame on and we took it out on you. we were wrong about that. no hate anymore, you should stick around. now that =k= douche....good god

oh and can you get your old avatar back please? thank you.
:evil5: TB>BB
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

311 had no legal standpoint except against me. none for the board. the songs were not copyrighted (still demos, remember?) and would have held no weight.

the situation was handled awfully and i'll never agree with it

if you wanna know why there's so much angst against you, it's because the founders of this board were the first ones that got banned from 311heaven.

but whatever that was years ago and you don't get a banhammer this time.. so you can say whatever you want. we'll disagree on how it was run back then, as well as the reactions to situations, but a free board is a free board.

enjoy your ability to use the words cunt and pussy here, if desired.