I'm back

Nice to meet you.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Re: I'm back

Post by Smoke »

Who said anything about legalities. It was about respect. I was helping to run a "fan board" for 311, It makes complete sense to reasonable people to follow reasonable requests from 311's team.

311heaven was a haven for like minded people to discuss things on the internet. It was up to me and several others as moderators to help keep it so. We implemented rules so that people could have an idea of our expectations for conduct on the site. Why is that so difficult for some of you to understand.

I don't want to know if there is angst against me, I don't frankly care. As a leader I make decisions and some people aren't going to be happy, especially when the banhammer falls on them.

You misunderstand. It wasn't a free board, it was owned and operated by Maria and as her moderators (and eventually the person who owned the board) we decided what crossed the line. You agreed to the terms when you created an account on it.

I choose not to use terms that are offensive to other people when speaking in a public forum. It's crass and I have more respect for women than that.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Here's a recap of what happened to smoke when 311heaven went under and TB was born:

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Technically as soon as you create it it becomes copyrighted, you just cantvask for monetary damages until you officially file it.

Cool though that they didn't threaten you with legalese though.
:evil5: TB>BB
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Smoke311 wrote:You misunderstand. It wasn't a free board, it was owned and operated by Maria and as her moderators (and eventually the person who owned the board) we decided what crossed the line. You agreed to the terms when you created an account on it.
you misunderstand. i was talking about this board being the free board. obviously 311Heaven wasn't.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

fatlip wrote:
Smoke311 wrote:You misunderstand. It wasn't a free board, it was owned and operated by Maria and as her moderators (and eventually the person who owned the board) we decided what crossed the line. You agreed to the terms when you created an account on it.
you misunderstand. i was talking about this board being the free board. obviously 311Heaven wasn't.
Great so can I be a mod