Just posting to say Im back posting again.

Nice to meet you.
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Re: Just posting to say Im back posting again.

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

No I said all that, because every time I tell anyone where I live they always give me shit.
I am freaking American but also after traveling to several countries I realized that when you live in the States you are instilled (brainwashed) with the elitist sense so much that
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

wow you are fucking afrocentizian through and through. Fucking pathetic.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

There are people in America (and on this bulletin board) who are able to see beyond the American bubble. Just because you couldn't before you left doesn't mean others can't. I've never had a problem with you but your High and Mighty Defensive attitude is really what's digging your hole here. You are snorting cocaine if you think for half a second that I believe America is the best country in the world.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

EvenField2BeOn wrote:No I said all that, because everytime I tell anyone where I live they always give me shit.
I am freaking American but also after traveling to several countries I realized that when you live in the States you are instilled (brainwashed)with the elitist sense so much thats its the best, the only free nation and has the best of everything. When I meet tourists from my own home country they feed me this same garbage. I just would like open peoples mind although in way that may be a lil divisive. Did you watch Team America? That says it all. Bashing something doesn't mean you don't love it. I love America but It needs some tough love and shit talking to get out its hole it been falling into through expanding ignorance.
You mean peolpe from the US are nationalists? True. Still, I find them really cool and all. I think it's not that they don't see things outside their bubble, it's more like being self-centered. I don't blame them, though.
Image :evil5:
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

the US is the richest and (economically speaking) most important country in the world(not for long though). there are obviously going to be people who resent this and the people who live there are obviously going to live in this bubble, its unavoidable. snipe, i'm not sure how you can call the country that gives the most money to charity per capita in the world self centered. of course, i guess the real measurement I would need to know is the ratio of per capita charity donations to per capita income, but still. I'm just not sure what you are basing this most self centered country stuff on. You could say the American government is self centered, but every government in the world is, foremost, looking out for #1, that is their job. But why is it the responsibility of the average american to be focused on the problems of the rest of the world, they have their own problems. and even though they do, they still manage to do their part. it's a big place, and you generalize way too much.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

india will take over soon enough.

step 1. take over the tech support business
step 2. give everyone the wrong support
step 3. ?
step 4. world domination
:evil5: TB>BB
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

KyleRayner wrote:the US is the richest and (economically speaking) most important country in the world(not for long though). there are obviously going to be people who resent this and the people who live there are obviously going to live in this bubble, its unavoidable. snipe, i'm not sure how you can call the country that gives the most money to charity per capita in the world self centered. of course, i guess the real measurement I would need to know is the ratio of per capita charity donations to per capita income, but still. I'm just not sure what you are basing this most self centered country stuff on. You could say the American government is self centered, but every government in the world is, foremost, looking out for #1, that is their job. But why is it the responsibility of the average american to be focused on the problems of the rest of the world, they have their own problems. and even though they do, they still manage to do their part. it's a big place, and you generalize way too much.
What I meant by self centered is called nationalism. Didn't I just say that before? You might argue that's not a bad thing, I may say it's not a good thing either. That's why we all discuss that kind of thing in a jolly manner. What you usually do is try to attack me with your logic. I don't appreciate it, as I have my own opinions, thank you.

I'm open to healthy discussions, though.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

attacking with logic is the only way i understand how to attack over the internet. you are entitled to your opinions, but when your opinions are basically "racist" (not really but racist but with the same mentality behind it) i have my right object. also i guess i just took the self centered thing totally on face value not in context there so sorry, but anyways, i would say nationalism really only reaches the bad when you get into nazi germany type situations. well, maybe not necesarily that huge, but you see what i mean.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

But it's not good when it's invasive to other people's rights... like freedom of speech or being entitled to one's opinion. And that's the problem when I argue that kind of thing with you. I can't say "People from the US are stressed out" because you jump and feel like I'm being a "racist" son of a bitch, and like I'm being hateful towards you. I sometimes feel tempted to add "paranoid" too, but that'd be generalizing, right?
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

surely, but I couldn't really say anything, I'm super paranoid.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

the stressed out comment (i dont know if you're just using that as an example of a comment or you actually said that, but im gonna comment on your comment anyway) is over generalizing. the same thing can be said about the entire world no matter what country you are, a shit ton of people are gonna be stressed.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Yeah, but one thing is having to digress on a comment of mine and another is attacking me with bullshit just because I think differently. That's why I hardly ever speak my mind around here when it comes to those issues.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i think people are hostile towards the comments you say because it does make you sound elitist, that and some americans have this whole 'amercia, fuck yea" mentality that they cant be fucked with and nobody has the right to say anything negative about them. but a lot of us americans (i say us americans, cause living in this country for almost 15 years makes me america) arent like that and arent like what a lot of foreigners generalize us as and we take it personal because we dont wanna be those elitist pricks that people try to make us out to be
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

this thread is one big headache~
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I don't know even know what you're talking about.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

That's because your still a fetus. :lol:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

EvenField2BeOn wrote:your
ImageImage
:evil5:
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i think people are hostile towards the comments you say because it does make you sound elitist, that and some americans have this whole 'amercia, fuck yea" mentality that they cant be fucked with and nobody has the right to say anything negative about them. but a lot of us americans (i say us americans, cause living in this country for almost 15 years makes me america) arent like that and arent like what a lot of foreigners generalize us as and we take it personal because we dont wanna be those elitist pricks that people try to make us out to be
:roll:

I've seen you posting "America fuck yeah" in this board. That makes you a bit of a hypocrit, doesn't it?

So that's my point. You don't even seem to notice when you actually act elitist. I just try to speak my mind while being respectful to others and I'm the elitist and shit.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i say it jokingly, kind of a satire, get it?
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

speaking your mind doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and nobody is allowed to take offense. if you can speak yours i can speak mine, but if you say anti american stuff that isnt intellectual, just something any idiot could overhear and reapeat, like "americans are dumb" and stuff like that, on a board where the vast majority of people are american, you can expect some backlash. It doesn't mean you can't speak your mind, actually I'd like to hear more in depth why you think what you think, just don't expect everybody to be like "yeah snipe you got it right, i was born here so im automatically a moron! YEAH!" Hence my racist comment above, because I'm american I'm stupid as compared to because you're Salvadorian you're good at doing yard work and kidnapping people. Does that offend you? It should, but by your logic it's just what i think and if you try to change my opinion about that you're "attacking me with bullshit". i don't actually think that, by the way, i'm just illustrating a point. some americans are dumb, some latin americans do yard work and some latin americans are involved in kidpnapping, but that doesn't mean i can assume anything about latin americans as a whole. so again, think what you want, but don't expect to be able to say anything with no response. even on a 311 forum. i also fail to see how the comment "americans are dumb" (said in another topic somehwere, not this one obviously, i think it was an Obama topic) is any sort of respectful.
love,
mitchell