Just posting to say Im back posting again.

Nice to meet you.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Just posting to say Im back posting again.

Post by $lmjimy311 »

everytime i read the topic of this thread, i read "just posting to say im black posting again"
:evil5: TB>BB
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

I just want to say I'm not reading all those long posts. And, that KyleRayner is taking it too far. Keep it cool, it's a fucking internet forum, geez. If you believe the intellectualism of assertions is directly proportional to their lenght, then you sir, are an absolute fail. Whenever I listen to ideas I don't agree with, I ask and discuss, instead of making stupid assumptions. I would speak my mind and explain it, but it's a bit useless doing it to close-minded individuals in a conversation. Not that I'm mad or anything, I can still give love and all, I'm just being honest. For the best, I will stop making comments that may hurt nationalist feelings. Let's just stick to the racist and homophobic jokes (god forbid speaking about Americans and their stressed lives, dammit!), shall we?
Image :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

snipe, i suggest you actually read what he wrote before, once again, generalizing. he actually had good points in his argument
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

what a cop out. typical response, i don't agree with you so I'm close minded. how would you know until you elaborate on what you mean. yeah, i am close minded to the idea that all americans are dumb, and if that's too much to handle then I am lost for words. But i'm not mad, or upset, i like you, you have a cat named schrodinger, but that doesnt mean I don't like a good solid argument every now and then. lastly, I don't think length has anything to do with intellectualism of my assertions, thats just the length of what I wanted to say.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

$nipe wrote:(god forbid speaking about Americans and their stressed lives, dammit!)
I'm just gonna jump right on in here.

I was listening to NPR today and i heard some guy saying how great it was that"Smile Pinky" won an academy award. He really hoped that it woud bring attention to the Issue of children with cleft pallets and how inexpensive the surgery is. ... I agreed with everything he was saying. I do think It's an issue and it's an elementary level of health care that every child should have.

but then. ... THEN then mother fucker HAD to make it a national thing "I mean you just don't see kids in new york walking around with cleft pallets it just doesn't happen. Americans need to understand the plight of the world."

I almost broke my radio What a ballsy bastard. I don't live in New York so maybe what he said was true.. but i do Live in LA an I've seen HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN WITH UNTREATED CLEFT PALLETS. I worked at a state-run pre school for a while where the childcare is free b/c the families can't afford private care. You know what else they can't afford? A home, medical insurace, shoes, food ... you know -- luxuries like that. ...

You know what the rest of the world needs to understand? America is not a fucking snow globe. We aren't some pristine Norman Rockwell painting forever sitting by warm fires during summer and eating triple scooped ice cream on hot days.

People starve to death every day in America.
People freeze to death every day in America.
People die of heat exhaustion and dehydration in the streets every day in America.
Workers are exploited and abused every day in America.
Children go without food every day in America.
Hospitals dump patients who can't afford to pay IN THE STREET every day in America.
Children drop out of school in the 5th grade every day in America.
Some 12th graders graduate with hardly a 5th grade level education every day in America.
People die b/c they can't afford medical proceedures or medicine every day in America.
Parents can't afford to buy clothes or food for their children every day in America.

I could continue but I think I've made my point.

so you know what, I hate to say this Snipe, because i really like you but honestly just shut the fuck up. .. How can you talk about being annoyed with us and our 'closed' minds and make a sarcastic comment like that? Sounds to me like YOU are the one who needs to open your mind a little, quit being blinded by YOUR media and stop making stupid assumptions.
Last edited by mystoneybaby on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

thanks emily.

and for the record, i personally know what poverty is like around the world. i kinda used to live in a 3rd world country which i visit often.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

I haven't really read this topic yet, but I would be interested in seeing where you got those statistics, Emily.

People starve to death every day in America?
People freeze to death every day in America?
People die of heat exhaustion and dehydration in the streets every day in America?

If people are actually DYING of starvation or freezing every day, it must be like, one person. And the only people who die of heat exhaustion in America are people who are totally fat (except for extreme weather conditions occasionally).
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

$lmjimy311 wrote:thanks emily.

and for the record, i personally know what poverty is like around the world. i kinda used to live in a 3rd world country which i visit often.
3rd world country is not an acceptable term. It's either core (more developed) or periphery (less developed).
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

mystoneybaby wrote:
$nipe wrote:(god forbid speaking about Americans and their stressed lives, dammit!)
I'm just gonna jump right on in here.

I was listening to NPR today and i heard some guy saying how great it was that"Smile Pinky" won an academy award. He really hoped that it woud bring attention to the Issue of children with cleft pallets and how inexpensive the surgery is. ... I agreed with everything he was saying. I do think It's an issue and it's an elementary level of health care that every child should have.

but then. ... THEN then mother fucker HAD to make it a national thing "I mean you just don't see kids in new york walking around with cleft pallets it just doesn't happen. Americans need to understand the plight of the world."

I almost broke my radio What a ballsy bastard. I don't live in New York so maybe what he said was true.. but i do Live in LA an I've seen HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN WITH UNTREATED CLEFT PALLETS. I worked at a state-run pre school for a while where the childcare is free b/c the families can't afford private care. You know what else they can't afford? A home, medical insurace, shoes, food ... you know -- luxuries like that. ...

You know what the rest of the world needs to understand? America is not a fucking snow globe. We aren't some pristine Norman Rockwell painting forever sitting by warm fires during summer and eating triple scooped ice cream on hot days.

People starve to death every day in America.
People freeze to death every day in America.
People die of heat exhaustion and dehydration in the streets every day in America.
Workers are exploited and abused every day in America.
Children go without food every day in America.
Hospitals dump patients who can't afford to pay IN THE STREET every day in America.
Children drop out of school in the 5th grade every day in America.
Some 12th graders graduate with hardly a 5th grade level education every day in America.
People die b/c they can't afford medical proceedures or medicine every day in America.
Parents can't afford to buy clothes or food for their children every day in America.

I could continue but I think I've made my point.

so you know what, I hate to say this Snipe, because i really like you but honestly just shut the fuck up. .. How can you talk about being annoyed with us and our 'closed' minds and make a sarcastic comment like that? Sounds to me like YOU are the one who needs to open your mind a little, quit being blinded by YOUR media and stop making stupid assumptions.
I wouldn't argue with that, never did, so wtf? I feel like I'm saying something and you jump to conclusions about my posts. I mean, you are answering to things I don't even address!

So y'all some bitches, alright. I think we're having communications problems. I love you.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

If you'd please explain to me what are we discussing, I can make good points to add to the conversation (:

For example, I live in a country with people suffering from extreme poverty right around my neighborhood. I'm trying to get approval on my graduate thesis, I want to work with Un techo para mi pa
Last edited by $nipe on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

IN AMERICA

YOU COULD DIE
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Station wrote:I haven't really read this topic yet, but I would be interested in seeing where you got those statistics, Emily.

People starve to death every day in America?
People freeze to death every day in America?
People die of heat exhaustion and dehydration in the streets every day in America?

If people are actually DYING of starvation or freezing every day, it must be like, one person. And the only people who die of heat exhaustion in America are people who are totally fat (except for extreme weather conditions occasionally).
I don't remember where you live so i'm not sure what the socio-economic status is but in LA we have so many homeless people most nevermake it to hospitals .. you can bet when it gets above 100 in LA that people are sitting in alleyways dying. And maybe Hypothermia more so than freezing but both do happen ... Heat Exhaustion/Dehydration/Hypothermia/Freezing/Starvation/Malnutriton are all common causes of death for homeless people ..... saying at least 300 homeless people die per year in each major city b/c of those health concerns wouldn't be an exaggeration. The number is probably higher than that.

LA, NY, Houston, Miami, Chicago, Frisco, on and on -- I mean really it adds up to thousands and thousands of people.

I don't have any statistics to back me up. but i also don't think I've jumped to any extreme conclusions. call up your county morgue and ask how many john/jane does are dead of 'natural' causes.

There are 4,700 unclaimed bodies in custody of the LA morgue right now. Betting that 300 of those are homeless is being generous and optimistic.

and actually plenty of people who aren't homeless are still malnourished and completely impoverished, lacking the ability to keep wam in the winter -- also leading to hypothermia and freezing. .. you should read up on Appalacia!

so, I'd be willing to bet that there are more than two people dying at any one time of any of the issues you brought into question.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

these people freeze to death because they're retarded. and the numbers you're suggesting are very, very exaggerated.

look at central africa, go live in tibet.

also, when i read your posts i hear sarah palin's voice
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

$nipe wrote:
KyleRayner has said a lot of things, he even said I said americans were dumb, which is false (proof). What I ONCE said was "Obama make[sic] americans look smart" and he obviously was so deeply hurt by it, he just took it way out of context. Dude, seriously, just for the record, if I say to you: "Those glasses make you look gay", it doesn't mean that you're straight if you don't wear them. If I say to you: "That shirt makes you look good", it doesn't mean you're ugly without it. I cam make you a couple of Venn diagrams, or I can say it's non sequitur, but I think you get my point. If you come and cry about this comment again, I promise you I will never care to discuss any serious subject with you again, but if you really really feel unsecure about it, I can tell you right now, NO, I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY AMERICANS ARE DUMB. It wasn't my mean to attack your country or your people. If you still think I did, fuck you. Thank you very much.

He also said something about the USA donating money to other countries. Now, that's a pretty way to sum it up, but it doesn't take into account the great harm that neoliberal policies have brought to these countries. For example, privatization of so many services that assured a decent living, or having our contries to grant benefits to multinational companies to crush local producers and small businesses, destroying undeveloped contries' posibilities of having ecomonic independence. Charity from the US is like what I see everyday in my country: there used to be a kid who used to come by my university to sell candies to my and my friends. So the kid makes $20 bucks a day, and gives it to his mom; she gave him $1 to go to school everyday. Isn't that sweet?

But that's not the reason I'm discussing here. In fact, I can't even find a reason. I just feel like I'm being randomly attacked for my "views" which I haven't even cared to explain. I said people from the US were self centered. For example, that's the reason why you call yourselves 'Americans.' I don't mind it, but I don't share your views. As far as I'm concerned, there are other 606 895 948 americans in the world. I could argue with you with historical or political reasons, but if you go back to other threads, you will see how much you feel annoyed by them. And whichever your arguments are, you shouldn't avoid the real and most important thing: I consider myself an american, therefore I must be. My country, Mexico and all the other south american countries consider themselves as americans, therefore they should be. Jimmy should understand it if I come to him and tell him that he's not an american because he was born in India. I mean, having others rip you apart from your vision of the world because they are more powerful or feel like having the right to do it is fucked up (please don't extend your arguments about this point, this is just an example.)

I seriously don't enjoy these discussions because I feel sometimes like I'm being bullied for just thinking differently from you, it's a bit uncomfortable.
ok so i took the obama comment wrong, i will admit I was wrong. But that was not the only instance of you saying something like that and you know it, otherwise this time I wouldn't have gotten so involved. I just used that instance as an example becuase it stuck out to me because back when you posted that i took it the wrong way and made a long response because by the time I was done typing I was over it and never submitted it.

secondly, I wasn't trying to say the US hasn't done a lot of damage, I am not that blind. but a lot of damage has been mostly been done by corporations, things that have also severely hurt the little man in the US as well. And with the US being the richest country, that is the reason most of these are US companies. If Great Britain was still the dominant country, most of the corporations doing the greatest harm would be british. But i digress, my point was that while there are many many people doing damage( and not just to other countries but to this one as well), there are also many many people doing everything they can to help. I was just trying to say you can't lump everyone in together. When katrina hit, there wasn't some great influx of foreigners trying to help. but look at when honduras was basically wiped off the map, the US sent aid, and I don't just mean food and stuff that can be shipped, I mean large numbers of people went to honduras to help rebuild.

thirdly, the American thing. i had a huge fight with my spanish professor about this very same thing and I'm sure we will disagree here. Maybe my view of it is too practical, but there is no good way in english to make a word for someone from the US. When i speak spanish, i refer to myself as being estadounidense. However, you can't say united statesian, it just doesn't work. We call ourselves american because it is in the name of the country. People from the Peoples Republic of China are Chinese, why can't people from the United States of America be Americans. and as a totally practical matter, at this point in time there is nothing to be done about and using it as an example as to why we are self centered, is, to me, going a little too far. not a single person alive today had anything at all to do with that decision, and so I feel shouldn't be held against them.

so i guess in conclusion, sorry for jumping down your throat, I wasnt trying to make you feel bullied, I was feeling bullied, but some of what i said is still relevant I think.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Well, all of our opinions are equally relevant, I hope.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

4700 is such a nice round number. What are the odds? :P
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Station wrote:4700 is such a nice round number. What are the odds? :P
i rounded down. :lol: it's actually like 4,743

Luke -- :| I really don't see how I'm exaggerating.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

But I just counted and I came up with closer to 24.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

:neutral: well i guess that's what i get for trusting a city official