Dexter New Blood

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Dexter New Blood

Post by 311Chik »

Anyone else watch it? Really enjoyed eps 1-9 but so disappointed with the finale.
ImageImage
ER
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: Dexter New Blood

Post by Jordan311 »

I have yet to watch it. I found a torrent for the first 2 episodes, but the site I use doesn't have the rest of them. I do want to check it out though. I was pretty hyped when it was announced but haven't had time yet since we have a baby now.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Jordan311 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:13 pm I have yet to watch it. I found a torrent for the first 2 episodes, but the site I use doesn't have the rest of them. I do want to check it out though. I was pretty hyped when it was announced but haven't had time yet since we have a baby now.

Later
Congrats on the baby!

We re-watched the series before the new season, well I re-watched and my husband watched for the first time because he didn't watch Dexter with me when it was originally on. Was funny to see what I remembered and forgot. Seeing his reaction was interesting, especially since he was watching it with a 2021 mindset and I had to keep reminding him to think back to when it aired.

Hope the site gets the rest of the eps up for you and you get a chance to watch. 😁
ImageImage
ER
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

311Chik wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:39 pm
Jordan311 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:13 pm I have yet to watch it. I found a torrent for the first 2 episodes, but the site I use doesn't have the rest of them. I do want to check it out though. I was pretty hyped when it was announced but haven't had time yet since we have a baby now.

Later
Congrats on the baby!

We re-watched the series before the new season, well I re-watched and my husband watched for the first time because he didn't watch Dexter with me when it was originally on. Was funny to see what I remembered and forgot. Seeing his reaction was interesting, especially since he was watching it with a 2021 mindset and I had to keep reminding him to think back to when it aired.

Hope the site gets the rest of the eps up for you and you get a chance to watch. 😁
Finally got around to watching all of the new season! I must say, I really loved the season. Up there with the best of the best in terms of Dexter seasons. I can see why people hated the ending though, but I can't imagine any other way it would have eventually ended. I think we saw Dexter going insane, losing track of his code, and becoming a cold blooded killer and it wasn't going to stop, it was just going to keep getting worse. His moral code was broken at the end of the original series a couple times, and definitely broken when he cracked Logan's neck in the jail cell. So I had a feeling he was going to die. I don't know if having Harrison shoot him the best idea, since it will probably just fuck Harrison up more, but oh well. I was reading some reddit discussion and there were probably some plot holes with the ketamine thing, and how Angela came to the conclusion that he was the bay harbour butcher from such thin evidence, etc, but I wasn't analyzing it that much, just enjoying the suspense and drama.

I think the last episode was a 6/10, but episodes 1-9 were probably 9 or 10/10. Overall really enjoyed the season. I am a bit sad that we won't be getting more Dexter since I really love that character even when he's being evil and irredeemable, I'd almost be happy if they somehow had him survive the gunshot and come back for another season on the run from the law, but I don't think they can milk it anymore, and it's probably best if they end the series this way. I'm just glad we got to see him again after so many years since season 8. Deb's character was pretty good in this season too, it was good to see her get some redemption after the did her so dirty in the original series' ending.

They'll probably try a spinoff with Harrison or something, but I can't imagine it will be good without Michael C Hall

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

It was solid
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"