Destiny

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Destiny

Post by Jordan311 »

been a while since we've had a topic about games here.

Anyone getting Destiny? I'll be getting it for PS4. Super stoked for it.

thought?

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Destiny

Post by $ayzak »

I read something about this game just yesterday. Looks like the logical next step in what gaming will be. I hope it's great, though I'll probably never play it.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I really
REALLY
R E A L L Y

want to play this game

But I can't buy a fucking console out of principle. Fuck those bitches PC OR NOTHING
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Smoke wrote:I really
REALLY
R E A L L Y

want to play this game

But I can't buy a fucking console out of principle. Fuck those bitches PC OR NOTHING

curious as to why you say this? I understand some people prefer PC overall but console gaming still has it's place in my opinion. Some games are just made for console and the experience is more catered to sitting on the couch in front of the TV with a controller. not to mention console exclusives like this, and the last of us, etc.

Later
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I'll be getting it on PS4 whenever I do end up getting a PS4.

I was about to buy one last month but then held off when I thought about it for two seconds. I have a ton of PS3 games I bought and never beat so I'm going back and beating them or for some playing them for the first time. Arkham City was jus tbeat the other day and I started the God of War collection today. Hope to have all three beat by next month.
:evil5: TB>BB
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Jordan311 wrote:
REALLY
R E A L L Y

want to play this game

curious as to why you say this? I understand some people prefer PC overall but console gaming still has it's place in my opinion. Some games are just made for console and the experience is more catered to sitting on the couch in front of the TV with a controller. not to mention console exclusives like this, and the last of us, etc.

Later
It's very simple for me
I paid for the game
I paid for the console
I paid for the internet service

Why the fuck do I have to pay some other asshole to play a game with fucking friends?

Because of greed and ignorance

I will not cater to either if I can avoid it and I can avoid it here by never purchasing a console as long as they charge their customers a fee to play a game online.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Smoke wrote:
Jordan311 wrote:
REALLY
R E A L L Y

want to play this game

Later
It's very simple for me
I paid for the game
I paid for the console
I paid for the internet service

Why the fuck do I have to pay some other asshole to play a game with fucking friends?

Because of greed and ignorance

I will not cater to either if I can avoid it and I can avoid it here by never purchasing a console as long as they charge their customers a fee to play a game online.
dude it's like $50 for a year of playstation plus. Plus they give you two free games every single month on PS3, PS4 and Vita. more than makes up for the subscription cost. I think Xbox live does a similar thing now where they give you free games too.

The ability to play online is a bonus, sure, but far from the main reason to get playstation plus. Even without it you can still access online features in most games, just some of them are limited.

There's literally no reason to have a PS4 and not pay for PS+.

Later
ImageImage
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

^^^^^^ True.

However I'm not as much into gaming as I used to be, thus multiplayer doesn't affect me at all. PS+ is tits though, just don't have time to play like I used to.

Just wish there was something out there that grabbed my attention, whether it's ps4, xbone, or wii u.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Jordan311 wrote:
dude it's like $50 for a year of playstation plus. Plus they give you two free games every single month on PS3, PS4 and Vita. more than makes up for the subscription cost. I think Xbox live does a similar thing now where they give you free games too.

The ability to play online is a bonus, sure, but far from the main reason to get playstation plus. Even without it you can still access online features in most games, just some of them are limited.

There's literally no reason to have a PS4 and not pay for PS+.

Later
I hear you Jordan and i can more than afford it. I could buy every console right now and a year subscription and wouldn't break a sweat. That's not the point.

The point is that Microsoft and Sony are forcing this and not having it optional. If it was my choice to get this service then I would be OK with it. But gamers are getting hornswoggled by these 2 corporations and they're "OK with it" because they perceive value in it. I do not. I will buy my games, I could give 2 shits if they give me 2 free games.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Smoke wrote:I could give 2 shits if they give me 2 free games.
2 free games PER MONTH. And they're typically really good games too. It's a great service I'm happy to pay for. get off your high horse.

You're really just missing out. meh.

Later
ImageImage
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Jordan311 wrote:
Smoke wrote:I could give 2 shits if they give me 2 free games.
2 free games PER MONTH. And they're typically really good games too. It's a great service I'm happy to pay for. get off your high horse.

You're really just missing out. meh.

Later
As a gamer I am missing out, alittle, very little in fact.

I hope you guys have fun. i still have plenty of PC games I enjoy playing very much!
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

heh, just discovered my wife got this for her birthday from her brother on the xbone. looks great but haven't played yet as my profile doesn't have XBL and I'd rather not screw up her progress.......
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

ska wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:I'll be getting it on PS4 whenever I do end up getting a PS4.

I was about to buy one last month but then held off when I thought about it for two seconds. I have a ton of PS3 games I bought and never beat so I'm going back and beating them or for some playing them for the first time. Arkham City was jus tbeat the other day and I started the God of War collection today. Hope to have all three beat by next month.
I really want to get my PS4 soon. But I still have a few games to finish...Metal Gear Solid 4 and Last of Us being the big ones to finish.

get the last of us remastered!

so good.
played through it in a week despite having already beated it on PS3.

later
ImageImage
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

This game is not getting good reviews.

How are you enjoying it now?
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

loving it. Good mix of campaign missions and PvP stuff. Just getting into the strikes now and the raids are released tomorrow.

Later
ImageImage
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

I'm pretty much obsessed now. I stayed up to 4 this morning. The fact that they added the RPG aspect to it makes it worth playing it hours on end.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

GOAT wrote:I'm pretty much obsessed now. I stayed up to 4 this morning. The fact that they added the RPG aspect to it makes it worth playing it hours on end.
same here man. Was up til 4:30AM playing on saturday after i got back from the bar. doesn't help that all my friends are in the states so that's really the only way to play with them in their timezone haha.
So obsessed though. I got the most baddass legendary auto rifle and now i'm killing it in crucible
(the one in this pic only has 54 in the magazine. mine has 72 for some reason so I can just unload so many bullets into the other guy before he even gets a chance to shoot me back haha)

I'm level 24 now. Have you checked out the loot cave farming spot? I got a ton of upgrades just spending an hour there.

Later
ImageImage