summer movies

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

summer movies

Post by 311_4_unity »

I always thought t.b. members had pretty good tastes in movies so im curious as to what you guys are most excited for. Mine are:

xmen first class(which I have seen and was fucking awesome!)
Horrible bosses(how fuckin awesome is that cast)
captain america
Cowboys and aliens

Im sure there are a few others I forgot but those are my main movies of the summer. Your turn...
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Re: summer movies

Post by logosteel »

Horrible Bosses looks promising
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

super 8
x-men (was awesome)
cars 2 (i heard was a disappointment)
green lantern (" ")
cowboys and aliens
captain america

there are more, i just cant think of them right now
:evil5: TB>BB
311_4_unity

Post by 311_4_unity »

i was curious about the green lantern but out of all friends who are movie buffs like myself...only one actually said it was good. one only said it was bad too, but 8 meh's aren't enough for me to drop $10 on it. jimmy, with charlie in your signature i would hope horrible bosses intrigues you...if anything just to see how charlie day holds his own in a movie with kevin spacey, colin ferrel, and jamie fox.
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
ajlp12345
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Post by ajlp12345 »

311_4_unity wrote: Horrible bosses(how fuckin awesome is that cast)
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

wait..is horrible bosses the one where they are each trying to kill each other's bosses? cause if so, i really really want to see that.
311_4_unity

Post by 311_4_unity »

yes it is jimmy. spacey looks like he plays his smarminess to the nth degree, aniston is the ultimate overly aggressive sexbomb(with rumored but not confirmed topless scene), and colin ferrel...well, what can i say; he definately stepped out of his comfort zone with his appearance(which i think will handsomely pay off for comedic effect). so excited...most big screen comedies have been letting me down recently.

it seems only one or two get released yearly that i actually love. Last year it was Hot Tub Time Machine and Get Him To The Greek, and to a lesser extent The Other Guys. this year it will be Horrible Bosses for sure, not sure what the other one will be.

*sidenote...it does seem t.v. is slowly replacing cinema as the go to place for quality, both for comedy and drama. More specifically FX. jesus christ they are on a hot streak right now that I haven't seen since early 2000s HBO with the Sopranos, Deadwood, Entourage, etc.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

really? hot tub time machine? i thought it was alright, but i wouldnt put it as one of the best comedies of that year. im not sure what is, id have to go back and see when shit got released.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

*clears throat*

- I wanna see Horrible Bosses. Someone I work with went to a screening Wednesday and she hated it, but I don't think those types of comedies are her thing. With that cast it really should be hilarious.

- Super 8 was amazing.

- Fast Five was actually pretty awesome in a guilty pleasure sort of way.

- I never bothered to see Pirates of the carribean. lost interest in that series long ago.

- Transformers 3 was complete garbage. One of the worst movies I've seen in ages. Not to mention WAYYYY too long.

- X-Men sucked too. Really really hated it. Terrible acting, stupid teen actor cast made me feel like I was watching I am Number 4. Wayyy too much dialogue and filler, not enough action. And it wasn't faithful to the source material in the slightest.

- I heard Cars 2 wasnt so great, but I still kinda wanna see it. I liked the first one, and I watched about 20 mins of Cars 2 and it was pretty funny.

- Green Lantern was much better than I expected it to be. I enjoyed it quite a bit despite the terrible reviews.

- Bridesmaids was surprisingly the funniest movie I've seen in a loooong time. I thought it was gonna be crap, but it turned out to be hilarious.

- Hangover 2 was a huge pile of shit. A complete rehash of the first one, except this time it wasn't funny anymore.

- Bad Teacher was fucking stupid. Saw about 75% of it. Cameron Diaz needs to die already.

- Priest was meh.

- Thor was mediocre. Terrible acting, and characters, not enough action, cheesy as hell, and way too much product placement.

- Can't fucking wait for Harry Potter.

- Captain America looks like it's going to be pretty good, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be awful.

- I def want to see Cowboys & Aliens. Harrison Ford = win.

- 30 Minutes or Less looks hilarious too, despite the fact that I hate Jesse Eisenberg. Aziz Ansari and Danny McBride should more than make up for it.

- The Change-up looks terrible

- Rise of the planet of the apes looks like shit too. I liked James Franco in 127 Hours, but otherwise he can suck it.

- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark looks like it could actually be scary. I hope so, because Insidious was a complete joke and it was hyped to be super scary and turned out to be literally the worst movie I've ever seen.

- Tree of Life was good. Slow but great cinematography. Most people won't appreciate the movie because its about as artsy fartsy as they come.

- On the Indie side of things... The Devil's Double, and Another Earth both look awesome. I want to see Life in a Day too, and Ironclad.
(Ps. If you haven't seen Win-Win, you should definitely see it when it hits DVD (came out a month or so ago))

That should about cover it..

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
311_4_unity

Post by 311_4_unity »

Yay an indie fan! Did you like "In Bruges" jordan? If so imdb "the General" its not the same writer director, but it is his brother who wrote and directed this one and the tone seems exactly the same. Im pretty stoked for that. I also do want to see 30 minutes or less too.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

311_4_unity wrote:Yay an indie fan! Did you like "In Bruges" jordan? If so imdb "the General" its not the same writer director, but it is his brother who wrote and directed this one and the tone seems exactly the same. Im pretty stoked for that. I also do want to see 30 minutes or less too.

I actually havent seen In Bruges. I'll check it out.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

really jojo, you didnt like x-men? to each his own i guess. i personally loved it. i thought the acting and the story were fantastic. the way i justified the change of source material was like in the comics how they have multiple earths which allow them to change the storyline to fit that particular comic and author's interpretation of the events. this was to me, just another marvel universe and another author's interpretation of it. whatever, it was better than the 3rd one and they are now pretending that it doesnt even exist and thats all that really matters to me

and how could i forget potter, i feel bad for that. im actually going to florida thursday to go to harry potter land, im more than stoked about it.
311_4_unity

Post by 311_4_unity »

correction: "the Guard" is the new one coming out that from the director of "In Bruges" brother. "The General" is another Irish indie with the same actor as the other two(Brenden Glesson) but came out in the 90's and is directed by the same guy that did "Deliverance"...and no there is no sodomy via fucked up hillbillies.