My new baby

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: My new baby

Post by $lmjimy311 »

niceeee, is it 3d? a lot of people just call it a gimmick and such and thats fine, but a lot of people also havent seen a 3d tv they've only seen 3d theater. watching soccer in 3d was amazing. just having that extra bit of depth really effected how you watched it and when you started to get excited and such, it was awesome. and golf as well, when the dude hit the ball out the bunker and the sand came flying at you, it felt like it actually was shooting out of the tv. killzone 3 per all the previews in 3d is supposed to be godly. i want one so bad. my friend just bought a 42inch panasonic vierra 3d-tv, 1080p, plasma 600hz for 600 bucks it was an amazing deal.
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

unless they can get 3d to work without glasses, it is a gimmick. now, i'm sure they're working on that so it won't be a problem, a la the 3DS, but the glasses are a fucking nuisance and, as far as I know, expensive.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

to each his own. i dont find them to be a nuisance at all. yea they are expensive, but that comes with the territory of new technology. the 3ds' 3d blows if you move even the slightest out of its "sweet spot" which is retarded IMO. just because something has glasses, doesn't make it a gimmick.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

i just mean i don't think that will catch on, i mean i'm sure it was cool watching soccer, but can you imagine a super bowl party where everybody is wearing those stupid glasses? also, what happens if you already wear glasses how does that work? i'm not trying to say you're wrong for liking it, I just don't think it can catch on in its current form.

that sucks about the 3ds, i was considering one for the ocarina of time remake
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

plasmas are actually reviewed to be the best 3d tvs ;-)

yea i get what you're saying now kyle. i was actually thinking about buying it for the remakes as well, but the more i thought about it, i'd rather spend my money on the psp2 which looks absolutely sick. the 3ds as of now has a couple cool games (resident evil, mgs), but the majority of it seems to be remakes (i know that will change as soon as it comes on the market), but for me its not worth it. i have a dsi and the only reason i have it is because i got it for free. its also got an acekard, and even then i've only played like 5 games on it.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

what happens if you watch a 3d tv without the glasses? and is there a way to change it from 3d to standard? i would assume there would have to be
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

KyleRayner wrote:what happens if you watch a 3d tv without the glasses? and is there a way to change it from 3d to standard? i would assume there would have to be
:lol:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

KyleRayner wrote:what happens if you watch a 3d tv without the glasses? and is there a way to change it from 3d to standard? i would assume there would have to be
the 3d only works on a few things at the moment and thats the channels that are particularly in 3d, blu-rays, and ps3 games. if you dont want 3d, either change the channel, or just turn off the 3d setting
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

Ska, I bought the same exact TV about 6 months ago from Best Buy. It's awesome man! I paid more...like 1500 bucks. You're getting a great TV at an awesome price. Congrats dude!
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

ska wrote: Unfortunately I've only watched it a few times. It's in our basement, and my wife doesn't want to keep our son down there for extended periods of time (due to the temperature). We have a fireplace down there, but it still feels a little drafty in certain areas of the room.
this is why I'm never getting married... Or having kids.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Jordan311 wrote:
ska wrote: Unfortunately I've only watched it a few times. It's in our basement, and my wife doesn't want to keep our son down there for extended periods of time (due to the temperature). We have a fireplace down there, but it still feels a little drafty in certain areas of the room.
this is why I'm never getting married... Or having kids.

Later

that's the only reason? :P
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

ska wrote:Drafty basements?

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
ImageImage
:evil5: