LOST is over...

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

LOST is over...

Post by Jordan311 »

...what the fuck?

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Re: LOST is over...

Post by Broken Side »

most amazing 2 and a half hours of tv. so intense and emotional and I'm very satisfied with the ending. I basically think the island is a portal between our earth and other worlds (heaven, hell, good evil, whatever you want to believe). Obviously, along with this comes some strange properties and scientific wonders and shit. Someone has to be there to protect it and they can run things however they choose. When the one dude was thrown down into the light he came out as the smoke, i believe this is because he was ultimately evil at his core and somehow evil took form through him. But ultimately all of this does not matter. LOST was about characters and relationships. All of this really happened as we watched awesome characters have a crazy adventure on this island which ultimately brought people together and create relationships that would make them happy and complete. They had to pull the cork to kill the evil MIB because he was basically pure evil that was going to leave the island and take over the world. Once he was dead, Jack had to put the cork back in to balance the world once again, and by this time his knife wound and such were so bad he passed out and died where he originally laid in the pilot. After this, some characters went on to live long lives etc. Hurley took over as a Jacob with Ben being his advisor kind of like Richard. But they ran the island completely different and thats all we really know. Miles, Richard, and the rest of the people who took off in that plane either went on to live full lives or died right there on that plane for all we know. Whenever you die you go to this other place to basically wait around and come to terms with the fact that you died and meet up with the people you want to go on to the next world with. I thought i was so amazing and emotional when everyone reunited. And you could see them basically come to the realization that they had once died but are now reunited. It was genious.
I need to rewatch but I think Farraday and Charlotte were not in the church. When Desmond was asked by Elloise "Are you taking my son" I think he said "not with me" or something liek that because Daniel is on his own journey, he wasn't super close with that group and Charlotte still has to remember stuff. ALso Michael and Walt would not be there because Michael is stuck as a whisper on the island for the bad things he did and Walt went on to live a normal life with different people.

i just lost my train of thought cuz i'm at work, but theres so much more to say, but yeah it was awesome
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

i just thought of somethin else to add of why i loved it. I thought it was genious that basically every character is dead by the end because like Christian said, everyone dies sometime. So we may not get to see what happened to some (and it doesn't matter) but we get to see how they all moved on to the next world with the people they loved and everything that happened on the island, the deaths and sacrifices were real and they didn't redo them or anything like that. Everything on their journeys on the island mattered somehow and created relationships and all that shiz. ahhhh i still can't get over how epic that was. It better take all the emmys
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

i teared up when jack was talking to hurley right before he died. i was very emotional, but in the end i am unsatisfied. i don't know how recently everybody rewatched the series, but it was SO different in the beginning. i can't describe exactly why i am unsatisfied, it just feels no different than fan fiction to me, its like the creators looked at all the mythology they had created without any endgame in mind, then thought of their own way to get out of it. sort of like battlestar to me.

I'll try to come back when i'm slightly less stoned to the bone, but yeah. awesome, but i am not satisfied. although i'm not sure if I ever could have been. there's so many secrets I want to know still. it just doesn't feel complete. i'll have to rewatch this whole season soon, let it all sink and give my final judgements, but damn. i can't believe it's done. i can still remember sitting in my room one random school night by myself six years ago in high school, and this pilot came on. six years later and damn.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

KyleRayner wrote:i teared up when jack was talking to hurley right before he died. i was very emotional, but in the end i am unsatisfied. i don't know how recently everybody rewatched the series, but it was SO different in the beginning. i can't describe exactly why i am unsatisfied, it just feels no different than fan fiction to me, its like the creators looked at all the mythology they had created without any endgame in mind, then thought of their own way to get out of it. sort of like battlestar to me.

I'll try to come back when i'm slightly less stoned to the bone, but yeah. awesome, but i am not satisfied. although i'm not sure if I ever could have been. there's so many secrets I want to know still. it just doesn't feel complete. i'll have to rewatch this whole season soon, let it all sink and give my final judgements, but damn. i can't believe it's done. i can still remember sitting in my room one random school night by myself six years ago in high school, and this pilot came on. six years later and damn.

http://io9.com/5545911/lost-was-the-ultimate-long-con" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

yeah, agreed.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i knew they were going to pull a sixth sense. i was just hoping they wouldn't.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

yeah i keep seeing positive things, and I just don't get it. Last night we, the lost audience, got bent over and fucked in the ass. And they didn't even lube up or give us a reach around either.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

okay someone please explain this to me. when did everyone die and why are they in an alternate timeline where they've apparently lived their entire lives out differently and then suddenly they remember what happen to them in some alternate timeline and then they all go to a church where they all know they're dead and have to accept it and then the light takes them

what the fuck man, don't get it I DONT GET IT
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

After letting it soak in some more, i'm SOOOOOOOOOO satisfied

I feel completely happy and content and love the random thoughts i can create in my mind about what things meant or how certain people went on to live their lives. So many things connect when you really start thinking about it as well.

Best show ever, best finale and i loved it.

I am sorry to those who don't get it and didn't like, only because everyone should get this feeling of happiness i have about the finale cuz its awesome

battlestar galactica ending was awesome but left me much more confused/mad altho i admit they are somewhat similar

i can't think of another way to end lost that woulda made me happier. it was about the characters and if the ending was something like "they were all here because the island functions as this and all details were this and that" just wouldn't have been satisfying. It was a magical place, these characters were drawn to it and made connections and lived meaninful lives that ended in a very happy and satisfying way
GET LIFTED
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

ska wrote: I've also been thinking about the volcano/light thing. And with the religious ending that was shown (and throughout the show), was the volcano opening supposed to represent Hell, and the light Heaven? Remember that Mother said to the boys that there is a little of that light inside all of us. If Jack would have not replugged up the hole, would it literally have been Hell on Earth all around the world?

That was pretty much implied, yes.

Later
ImageImage
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

LOL

that is always good for laughs.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

yeah. fucking hate this season of this show. terrible.
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

for a while i felt like i was missing out not watching this show.. til i found out my parents watched it.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

that is some super gay reasoning there.
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN"T UNDERSTAND AND DIDN'T ENJOY THE FINALE, THIS ARTICLE SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY AND MAKES ME LOVE IT THAT MUCH MORE, IT WAS PERFECT AND EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE! BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!! (also its been announced on the dvd we will see what happened to ben and hurley and walt as well)

It seems some people are having a hard time abiding by Lost's final message: Let go and move on.

And by "some people," I mean not only diehard fans—like, ahem, moi—but also casual viewers and people who tuned in for the very first time on Sunday night to see what Lost was all about. (Bat-poop crazy, but yes, they really did!)

I'm still getting bombarded by questions about the Lost finale, so if you, or any of your non-Lost-worshipping friends are still struggling to comprehend, here is a stripped-down guide to what Lost is all about (according to this here idiot)...

There is an island. It really exists, and the people on it do too.

At the heart of this island is a "Light."

This Light is the good place you go to after you die where you get to reconnect with your loved ones in the afterlife. You can call it heaven, Nirvana, or whatever you like. It's the most beautiful place you will ever see.

If the Light on the island goes out, you don't get to be with your loved ones when you die. They simply "cease to exist." And that is a very bad thing.

The Light on the island is so beautiful and powerful, that men will always try to get at it, study it and harness it--including most recently, a group of scientists called the Dharma Initiative who inhabited the island for many decades. They could never fully understand the island because they were men of science, not men of faith.

To make sure the Light isn't destroyed by men like these, the island needs a Protector. (The Egyptians tried to build a giant Protector statue on the island, but it was reduced to a four-toed foot when a giant slave ship called the Black Rock hit it.)
Lost, MARK PELLEGRINO, ALLISON JANNEY ABC/MARIO PEREZ

The first Protector we met, Jacob, was sweet but a total dumbass who did exactly what his mother told him not to, and threw his brother Samuel (also called the Man in Black) into the Light. Samuel faced a fate "worse than death" (as his mother foretold), and became what Lost fans call "the Smoke Monster." If this evil entity were to leave or destroy the island, all the evil would escape out into the world, and the Light/heaven would be no more.

Jacob needed to make sure that he had a successor, to prevent this from ever happening. There were no pure souls or babies on the island (because of electromagnetic fallout from the "incident" in 1977 that caused fertility issues). So Jacob selected "candidates" away from the island, went out into the world to meet them, touched them (so the Monster couldn't kill them), and then brought them to the island by way of plane crash. (The Protector can also change the weather, sometimes subconciously, to make stuff like that happen--which is probably why the Dharma initiative also studied weather there--but Jacob didn't do so in this case.)

Jack Shephard was on that plane that came to the island. Oceanic 815. So were a lot of other really cool people who happened to look like TV stars: Sawyer, Kate, Sun, Jin, Sayid and Hurley. They crashed on the island, and they were alive.

They were Jacob's "candidates." It was their destiny to come to the island.

It was Jack's destiny to kill the Smoke Monster and save the island. And he spent six seasons trying to figure it out.

In the meantime, the Smoke Monster was running around terrorizing/killing everyone, taking the form of dead people (he can do that) and manipulating a longtime island dweller, Ben, into doing his bidding. The Monster ultimately tricked Ben into killing Locke (a "candidate") and Jacob. The Monster took the form of Locke.

And the island needed a new Protector.
MATTHEW FOX, Lost ABC/Mario Perez

In the final season, we saw what appeared to be an alternate reality in which the passengers of Oceanic 815—including Jack Shephard—landed safely in Los Angeles, as if the plane had never crashed on the island. They basically spent the entire sixth season in this place trying to "let go" of their life's biggest regrets/issues. (Ben's guilt over killing his daughter Alex, Locke's crippling problems with his father, Jin and Sun's guilt over abandoning their daughter and not knowing if she's OK, Hurley's guilt over his money doing evil things, Sayid's desire to save Shannon/Nadia, Claire's guilt over planning to give away her baby, Jack's desire to forgive his father and break the cycle by becoming a good father himself, etc...)

In the finale, we learned that this place (in which the flight landed safely) was a passageway from death into the Light/heaven. The characters we saw there had all died in different times in different places, and they met up in this place (where time is irrelevant) to work out their remaining regrets, reconnect with their loved ones, and move on to the Light together.

After Jack sacrificed himself to save the island, they all crossed over to the Light and lived blissfully ever after.

They lived together. And they did not die alone.
GET LIFTED
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

KyleRayner wrote:that is some super gay reasoning there.
says the guy with "I want to believe" in his sig
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

and now you're gonna knock the X-Files? for shame

Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

Broken Side wrote:TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN"T UNDERSTAND AND DIDN'T ENJOY THE FINALE, THIS ARTICLE SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY AND MAKES ME LOVE IT THAT MUCH MORE, IT WAS PERFECT AND EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE! BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!! (also its been announced on the dvd we will see what happened to ben and hurley and walt as well)

It seems some people are having a hard time abiding by Lost's final message: Let go and move on.

And by "some people," I mean not only diehard fans—like, ahem, moi—but also casual viewers and people who tuned in for the very first time on Sunday night to see what Lost was all about. (Bat-poop crazy, but yes, they really did!)

I'm still getting bombarded by questions about the Lost finale, so if you, or any of your non-Lost-worshipping friends are still struggling to comprehend, here is a stripped-down guide to what Lost is all about (according to this here idiot)...

There is an island. It really exists, and the people on it do too.

At the heart of this island is a "Light."

This Light is the good place you go to after you die where you get to reconnect with your loved ones in the afterlife. You can call it heaven, Nirvana, or whatever you like. It's the most beautiful place you will ever see.

If the Light on the island goes out, you don't get to be with your loved ones when you die. They simply "cease to exist." And that is a very bad thing.

The Light on the island is so beautiful and powerful, that men will always try to get at it, study it and harness it--including most recently, a group of scientists called the Dharma Initiative who inhabited the island for many decades. They could never fully understand the island because they were men of science, not men of faith.

To make sure the Light isn't destroyed by men like these, the island needs a Protector. (The Egyptians tried to build a giant Protector statue on the island, but it was reduced to a four-toed foot when a giant slave ship called the Black Rock hit it.)
Lost, MARK PELLEGRINO, ALLISON JANNEY ABC/MARIO PEREZ

The first Protector we met, Jacob, was sweet but a total dumbass who did exactly what his mother told him not to, and threw his brother Samuel (also called the Man in Black) into the Light. Samuel faced a fate "worse than death" (as his mother foretold), and became what Lost fans call "the Smoke Monster." If this evil entity were to leave or destroy the island, all the evil would escape out into the world, and the Light/heaven would be no more.

Jacob needed to make sure that he had a successor, to prevent this from ever happening. There were no pure souls or babies on the island (because of electromagnetic fallout from the "incident" in 1977 that caused fertility issues). So Jacob selected "candidates" away from the island, went out into the world to meet them, touched them (so the Monster couldn't kill them), and then brought them to the island by way of plane crash. (The Protector can also change the weather, sometimes subconciously, to make stuff like that happen--which is probably why the Dharma initiative also studied weather there--but Jacob didn't do so in this case.)

Jack Shephard was on that plane that came to the island. Oceanic 815. So were a lot of other really cool people who happened to look like TV stars: Sawyer, Kate, Sun, Jin, Sayid and Hurley. They crashed on the island, and they were alive.

They were Jacob's "candidates." It was their destiny to come to the island.

It was Jack's destiny to kill the Smoke Monster and save the island. And he spent six seasons trying to figure it out.

In the meantime, the Smoke Monster was running around terrorizing/killing everyone, taking the form of dead people (he can do that) and manipulating a longtime island dweller, Ben, into doing his bidding. The Monster ultimately tricked Ben into killing Locke (a "candidate") and Jacob. The Monster took the form of Locke.

And the island needed a new Protector.
MATTHEW FOX, Lost ABC/Mario Perez

In the final season, we saw what appeared to be an alternate reality in which the passengers of Oceanic 815—including Jack Shephard—landed safely in Los Angeles, as if the plane had never crashed on the island. They basically spent the entire sixth season in this place trying to "let go" of their life's biggest regrets/issues. (Ben's guilt over killing his daughter Alex, Locke's crippling problems with his father, Jin and Sun's guilt over abandoning their daughter and not knowing if she's OK, Hurley's guilt over his money doing evil things, Sayid's desire to save Shannon/Nadia, Claire's guilt over planning to give away her baby, Jack's desire to forgive his father and break the cycle by becoming a good father himself, etc...)

In the finale, we learned that this place (in which the flight landed safely) was a passageway from death into the Light/heaven. The characters we saw there had all died in different times in different places, and they met up in this place (where time is irrelevant) to work out their remaining regrets, reconnect with their loved ones, and move on to the Light together.

After Jack sacrificed himself to save the island, they all crossed over to the Light and lived blissfully ever after.

They lived together. And they did not die alone.
i get this, but i think it's fucking dumb.
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

lol whatd you want the ending to be???? write a new ending just for fun and i'll see if i like it 8)

i seriously remember not having any idea what the end could be, i barely had any theories even because it just seemed impossible to come up with anything except for like aliens and shit but i thought that would be lame
GET LIFTED