essential PS3 Games

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

essential PS3 Games

Post by wrjones311 »

I am about to get a PS3, I have decided on the 120 GB model figuring I can mod the HD later if need be. I am getting Skate 2 first with my order since I played it in the store once and was fascinated, plus it is cheap to just buy new.

My question is, what games are worth shelling out the 60 bucks for and are really must haves? And what are some good greatest hits/budget games?

For background, I like all game types, but my favorites games on PS2 were RE4, God of War, Katamari games, MX Unleashed, and both sim/arcade racers (Underground 2 and GT4). I love RPG's too if they are cool, but have only played oldschool PS1 RPG's for non-handheld games, so maybe a good suggestion on a RPG also?

So far I am deffo getting Uncharted 2 obviously, and I am thinking Dirt 2 maybe, ince I am into offroad racing in general, and it has good reviews... Need a lot more good ideas.
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: essential PS3 Games

Post by $lmjimy311 »

killzone
resistance is hit or miss for some, i enjoyed it
ratchet and clank
the first uncharted
burnout paradise
heavenly sword

here are some, ill add some more later

oh and cod: mw 2
:evil5: TB>BB
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

How did MGS4 get left off of this list?

Little Big Planet

RE5
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

yea, i was eating while writing that list, so i just put whatever came to the top of my head.

so mgs4
lbp
re5
gran turisomo 5
gta IV
the assassins creed series
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

http://taiyedbrodels.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=15383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

oh shit i forgot about that topic. we have unfinished business in there. that argument to be continued
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

wrjones311 wrote:I love RPG's too if they are cool, but have only played oldschool PS1 RPG's for non-handheld games, so maybe a good suggestion on a RPG also?
I also love RPG's friend and gotta recommend Dragon Age. Dragon. Age.

I just got it for the PC on Friday and have put in 23 hours already and I have 15% of the game complete...

Get Dragon Age. I can't stop playing it. I have so much homework I have to do tonight and it's killing me that I can't just go home and play it. Shit I almost called in sick this weekend to stay home.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Sparticus wrote:
wrjones311 wrote:I love RPG's too if they are cool, but have only played oldschool PS1 RPG's for non-handheld games, so maybe a good suggestion on a RPG also?

I just got it for the PC on Friday and have put in 23 hours already and I have 15% of the game complete...

Get Dragon Age. I can't stop playing it. I have so much homework I have to do tonight and it's killing me that I can't just go home and play it. Shit I almost called in sick this weekend to stay home.

whats it like? I havent heard much other than seeing a few ads and I know its by bioware

Later
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

oh oh oh, demon souls and fallout 3, and elder scrolls
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

Jordan311 wrote:
Sparticus wrote:

whats it like? I havent heard much other than seeing a few ads and I know its by bioware

Later
Best RPG I've played since FF8. It's kinda old school in the way everything works. Battles are fucking rough and unforgiving if played on anything but easy. It's all in real time rather than turn based, but you have to pause it all the time to issue orders to your characters if you want to be the most effective. There is an AI system that you can program, aka you can give things like "If Health <= 25%: Use Strongest Health Potion" and "If Enemy <= 3 Clustered: Use 'Cone of Cold'" and what not. It's very easy to pause as the button to freeze it is the space bar on the PC.

It's long as hell and also has a great story. There's no Good/Bad meter as well, so you can just make the choices that you want and get the repercussions of your actions later on down the storyline. Their claiming it as the spiritual successor to the Baldurs Gate/IceWind Dale types of RPG's.
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wrjones311 »

Thank you all for the recommendations, I've had my PS3 for about a week and have a pretty nice well rounded package for now... I got a BUNCH of games at once and will go back and appreciate them all individually, because come the end of the month rent will cut this extra money I have to nothing, and I'll have to start saving again :(

I have MGS4 (best game ever basically), Skate 2, Little Big Plantet, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (Thanks ska for reminding me to play this first), GTA: IV, Burnout Paradise, RE4, and UT3. Now I just need to wait till December to see if they fix the bugs the demo has on the new ATV vs. MX game so I can decide between that and dirt 2...

Thank god for amazon.com and prime membership, they charge you like 80 bucks for a year subscription but you get free two day shipping on eligible items... factor in the free shipping plus the discount prices they have because of the competition right now, and I can get most games shipped to me brand new cheaper than you can get at the local store used... I love my Playstation 3 :)
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

you should have waited for black friday, amazon has some pretty good deals then
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

most of the amazon stuff I order ships from right outside philly so even on regular orders I usually get it in one day. its pretty convenient

ps holy shit assassins creed 2 is good
I Want to Believe :evil5:
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wrjones311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:you should have waited for black friday, amazon has some pretty good deals then
People have been saying Black Friday is going to have less extreme deals compared to years past because they are already at such low pricing due to the increased competition in online selling.
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wrjones311 »

I have put the most time into MGS4 so far, especially considering the length of the cutscenes. I have also put some decent time into Skate 2 and LBP. All really awesome games.

I haven't got far into uncharted yet, just enough to get a good taste of it, but I will definitely enjoy it. I can definitely see it being one of your favorite games, the first thing I thought (with my extremely limited knowledge of him) was Indiana Jones.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

just played like 10 minutes of the uncharted 2 demo today at best buy. FUCKING SICK!!

Later
ImageImage
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wrjones311 »

Holy fuck, I just figured out how to enable media sharing, now I want a set of good speakers for my TV so bad... but tuners are too damn expensive :(
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

black friday
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wrjones311 »

hahahahaha