The Day The Earth Stood Still

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Post by Jordan311 »

Just watched a bootleg of this last night. I actually was pretty pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it. I kinda expected it to be awful and day-after-tomorrow-/war-of-the-worlds-ish, but it was actually really cool. Keanu Reeves was pretty good in it. It was like the perfect role for him, considering all he had to do was act completely stone-faced the whole time.

The story was pretty good, and I was more or less happy with the ending.
It was more sci-fi than I had expected it to be, which threw me off at first, but it grew on me. A lot of the acting was pretty iffy, but overall I was happy with it.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Re: The Day The Earth Stood Still

Post by Sparticus »

Are you serious? That movie was horrible. The best thing about it was Keanu Reeves acting, and that's just because he's not supposed to have emotion. The military's actions made no fucking sense and that was the most annoying kid I've seen since Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds. The aliens plan for "saving earth" was fucking retarded, killed the entire planet more thoroughly than we ever could. Honestly, they just put in the whole "the government is bad lol" plot line so they could show pretty explosions.
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

It's was good and bad. Something about it was really good, like Reeves acting as an Alien and the overall mood of the movie. But the W. Smith son was retarded as was some of the fake ass looking effects mixed with very good effects. But overall it's worth seeing, if you have a nice setup.
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

I haven't watched the new one, but the old flick is bad fucking ass.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Image :evil5:
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

I was hoping someone could compare its quality with the original. I haven't seen either yet, but I understand that the original is like a touchstone in the history of Sci-Fi films.