The Dark Knight

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

The Dark Knight

Post by Jordan311 »

Was abso-fuckin-lutely amazing.

Just got back from the midnight show.
Everything about the movie was awesome. Better than Batman Begins, which is saying A LOT.

More commentary to come later. I gotta pass out.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
fatbob
Fire is my method for destruction

Re: The Dark Knight

Post by fatbob »

Fucking epic. This movie caught me off guard by a lot. As good as Heath Ledger was as the Joker, for me Aaron Echart stole the show as Harvey Dent. Great Great movie.
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

this is definetly the best movie i've seen in a longggg longggg time, possibly the most exciting movie i've ever watched in the theatres. It gives me faith that good movies can still be made in this day and age, great, exciting, clever movies. I can't complain about one single thing. Heath was fucking insane as the joker, blew jack nickolson out of the water. There are too many good scenes to even begin describing. Basically, go see it and be fucking entertained and on the edge of your seat the whole time.

AHHHH i wanna go see it again already
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

The hand to hand fight scenes were lame, but the rest fucking ruled all. The Joker had some genuinly funny stuff. How he made that knife or whatever disappear was hilarious. And the part when batman told The Joker to let Rachel go and the joker said You should choose your words better was good. All around kick ass movie.
**Spoiler**

**Spoilers**

Joker didn't die, you think he was supposed to come back?
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

haha it was when he said "wanna see a magic trick, i'll make this pencil dissappear" and he slammed the guys head on it!!!! that was the best way to introduce the joker. I also loved that whole opening scene how everyone kept killing the next man until the joker was last man standing. THE JOKER WAS SO FUCKING BAD ASS! rip heath, never woulda thought guy from 10 things i hate about you could be that fucking insane and brilliant and phycho. I really thought the joker was gonna die at the end. I bet they wanted the third movie to start with the trial of the joker and shit, maybe now they'll just somehow do a scene showing him in arkam insane asylum and move on to the next villians. If they do a next one i wonder who they'll pick, i find it hard to see them doing the riddler, jim carrey was so good but i guess you could say the same for jack nickolson (although i watched that movie today and heath totally made jack look like a pussy). They'll probably do the penguin or mr freeze i bet, i really would bet its the penguin tho.

Man how sick was two face and the whole scene of him and the girl that led up to him becoming two face. That shit was genious and intense. And when the joker came dressed like a nurse, that scene was so sick. I loved when two face was like today is your lucky day but your driver wasn't so lucky and kills the dude anyway. Then he just slaps the one bitch cuz she gets lucky with the coin. There better be a next movie, it will have to show how batman is a "criminal" and how he deals with the fact that he killed two face while dealing with the penguin or whoever. Man i need to download a copy of dark knight, i wanna watch it again so bad
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

the joker in this movie is by far the best villain ever
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. Even if you're not a comic-book fan you will still enjoy it. Everything is showcased very well, cinematography, costumes, special effects, etc.

Spoilers.

YES! The pencil trick was insane; everybody in the theater jumped at that scene. I was disappointed Two-Face lasted about 45 minutes, but he racked up a pretty decent body count by movie's end. Joker's survival will hopefully be treated like The Killing Joke (read it and you'll understand). Nolan has stated so far that he won't be going for the outlandish villains (Penguin, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze). There IS a rumor going around that Anthony Michael Hall is going to be The Riddler; but Nolan has said he wants to highlight the more realistic villains. If he does I pray to God that he does Black Mask, Bane (who I thought was smarter than the Joker on so many levels), or Lock-Up. But whoever they pick to fill in for the Joker will be criticized until the day that actor retires (no stock footage is going to be used, every scene Heath was in was in the movie nothing deleted, but in this day-in-age anything can be done.)
Let's put a smile on that face
fatbob
Fire is my method for destruction

Post by fatbob »

Spoilers

I can see Bane working for the next movie. Since the cops are after Batman maybe they would hire Bane to assassinate him.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Riddler or bust
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

The hand to hand combat was gay. Alot of movie fakeness, like falling 30 stories and landing on a car on your back and living. I don't like cheesy unrealistic stunts, I can go watch live free die hard for that. And the sky hook contraption would have ripped your arms off. Harvey def. was way cooler to me than the Joker. Harvey isnt dead, he'll be back. Ledger played Joker well, kinda got the "psychopath" out better than Nicholas did, but ledger just seemed like a criminal in face paint... It was more believable with Nicholaus as the Joker because it shows how he got that way, and the whole underground plastic surgeon that tried to fix him scene. Plus Ledger didnt laugh very much for being a "Joker"
Very action packed movie. Love Michael Caine. Too over-hyped.
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

The hand to hand combat was gay. Alot of movie fakeness, like falling 30 stories and landing on a car on your back and living. I don't like cheesy unrealistic stunts, I can go watch live free die hard for that. And the sky hook contraption would have ripped your arms off. Harvey def. was way cooler to me than the Joker. Harvey isnt dead, he'll be back. Ledger played Joker well, kinda got the "psychopath" out better than Nicholas did, but ledger just seemed like a criminal in face paint... It was more believable with Nicholaus as the Joker because it shows how he got that way, and the whole underground plastic surgeon that tried to fix him scene. Plus Ledger didnt laugh very much for being a "Joker"
Very action packed movie. Love Michael Caine. Too over-hyped.

Batman Begins was def. better.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

best part of TDK?

the watchmen preview before it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

My beefs:

Christian Bale's Batman voice was pretty ridiculous. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

There needs to be an unrated version of the movie. To me, it seemed like they cut a few scenes strangely in order to keep it PG-13

I thought some of Two-Face's lines were kind of cheesy. Really, there were a couple lines throughout the movie that caught me as weak.

Really, that's about it off the top of my head. Without Heath Ledger as the Joker, this movie would be only pretty good. He really destroyed my expectations. Nick Nailor was good, but I think people put too much value on his performance. It was good, but Heath destroyed the Joker. I agree with Luke, basically.

I need to see the movie again, though.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

IMDB says that the batman voice is credited to a voice actor named Nathan Explosion
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Jorge wrote:My beefs:

Christian Bale's Batman voice was pretty ridiculous. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

There needs to be an unrated version of the movie. To me, it seemed like they cut a few scenes strangely in order to keep it PG-13

I thought some of Two-Face's lines were kind of cheesy. Really, there were a couple lines throughout the movie that caught me as weak.

Really, that's about it off the top of my head. Without Heath Ledger as the Joker, this movie would be only pretty good. He really destroyed my expectations. Nick Nailor was good, but I think people put too much value on his performance. It was good, but Heath destroyed the Joker. I agree with Luke, basically.

I need to see the movie again, though.
My hopes were way too high before going, thats my problem with anticipating movies like these, and then they are a C+ at best. I don't need to see it again, I paid well enough attention the first time I saw it.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i loved batman
:evil5: TB>BB