Simpsons Movie

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Simpsons Movie

Post by FrixHex311 »

HALARIOUS!!!!!
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Yoni
I can show you where is the beat

Post by Yoni »

That movie was fuckin horrible. Nothing even remotely anything like the original first 10 seasons. The jokes were corny, cheesy, one-liners. I blew $7.75 and 2 hours of my life. Seriously people were hee-hawing at the dumbest shit. It wasnt anything like the simpsons cartoon. Well, atleast the first 10 seasons of cartoons. People were falling out of their seats laughing so hard at the spider pig part, I was thinking are you fuckin serious? Why this movie has gotten such a great review is a mystery to me. It was like one bad episode drawn out for a movie. Between bart's dick and marge saying G. dammit, I was in shock over how bad this movie was. The sad thing is there will most likely be a sequel. If you are a true simpsons fan, do not go see it, it will dissapoint you, but if you are one of those annoying people laugh at everything, and find everything funny, even when its not, this movie is for you. Usually reading reviews before going to see the movie has never steered me wrong, until now.
To all my friends, this is the end, the earth has swallowed me.

311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

My boyfriend is a true Simpsons fan and thought it was great. He went in with low expectations because he hasn't liked the recent seasons and was pleasantly surprised by the movie.
I liked the movie, laughed a lot.
In the credits they listed Patty and Velma with who did their voice....but I don't remember seeing them in the movie :? They did that for a lot of other characters too.
ImageImage
ER
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

Yoni wrote:That movie was fuckin horrible. Nothing even remotely anything like the original first 10 seasons. The jokes were corny, cheesy, one-liners. I blew $7.75 and 2 hours of my life. Seriously people were hee-hawing at the dumbest shit. It wasnt anything like the simpsons cartoon. Well, atleast the first 10 seasons of cartoons. People were falling out of their seats laughing so hard at the spider pig part, I was thinking are you fuckin serious? Why this movie has gotten such a great review is a mystery to me. It was like one bad episode drawn out for a movie. Between bart's dick and marge saying G. dammit, I was in shock over how bad this movie was. The sad thing is there will most likely be a sequel. If you are a true simpsons fan, do not go see it, it will dissapoint you, but if you are one of those annoying people laugh at everything, and find everything funny, even when its not, this movie is for you. Usually reading reviews before going to see the movie has never steered me wrong, until now.

HEY HEY HEY

First off, spoiler warning, okay?

Second.....that's it.
Yoni
I can show you where is the beat

Post by Yoni »

Funny maybe if you were stoned off your ass.
To all my friends, this is the end, the earth has swallowed me.

Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Simpsons hasn't been funny in years, but the movie was.
:evil5:
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

Yoni wrote:Funny maybe if you were stoned off your ass.
It was fuckin funny....and yes I was
Jump up and down cuz that's the 311 style!
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

i enjoyed it. Much better than the crap they've been putting out every Sunday recently
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Yoni wrote:Funny maybe if you were stoned off your ass.
Completely sober when I saw the movie, as was my boyfriend.
ImageImage
ER
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Yoni is getting served in this thread. Can't wait to see the movie.
slowpoke
Our star has long bust but now reappears

Post by slowpoke »

Yoni wrote:That movie was fuckin horrible. Nothing even remotely anything like the original first 10 seasons. The jokes were corny, cheesy, one-liners. .
No, No and no.

This movie had everything I liked about the simpsons in their prime. Funny jokes, slight political/religious humor, great characters, a plot that wasn't just a means to fill 30 minutes (I agree that it's more or less an extended episode), even a few sincere moments and morals.

What movie did you watch?

PS I also went in with somewhat low expectations... I expected it to be half way decent because I think the recent episodes are a crapshoot if they'll be good or not and I thought it was amazing.

PPS I was sober upon viewing.
intoxication is an evolutionary force
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

i liked it!

i saw it twice!

i like men now!
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

The movie isn't good. I mean, it has a couple of good jokes, but the plot is completely stupid...
Image :evil5:
slowpoke
Our star has long bust but now reappears

Post by slowpoke »

I think the plot was just fine, nicely worked out story for a comedy. Better than most movies out coming out. I went in with no expectations other than 'this has to be at least half way decent.' I came out thinking that everything I liked about the simpsons was in it. And I've watched it since the beginning.

Can the naysayers please describe what exactly was missing... or your idea of a perfect simpsons movie? I think you're taking it for granted, perhaps.

I still am confused why people disliked it. There are two parts I didn't like, spoiler warning, I reckon.

1.) Marge washing the plate after retrieving her wedding tape out of the cupboard

2.) The "To Be Continued" bit.

It appears the people with lower expectations win again!
:lol:
intoxication is an evolutionary force
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I just saw this yesterday. I had super low expectations...
But I thought it turned out ok.
It was pretty funny, and since I see all my movies in the theaters for free now, I can't complain too much.

The best part was when Bart drew all over the wanted picture of themselves in the gas station/convenience store or whatever, and then the cops came in and were like "THERE THEY ARE!" and arrested the bizzaro-simpson family.
That shit made me LOLL (that's Laugh Out Loud Literally just so you know)

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

i loved it

anyone who hated it had expectations for the movie that were based on fantasy.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"