Children of Men

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Children of Men

Post by Alexnova »

Just saw it, and blew my fucking mind. The cinematography was so superb and gorgeous. Every shot is postcard picture perfect.

I think its the best Sci-Fi film ever, it makes Blade Runner look like cheese. COM is much much more realistic because it still has ties to contemporary themes but still has its futuristic appeal. To me, the whole destroyed beauty seems much more plausible then Blade Runner. You can feel being in this setting, and the fact that it runs like a documentary sucks you even more.

Some of the one take, and long shots are absloutley magnificent. The choreography is shocking.

Loved it so much, and many of the big questions left them unanswered so you can draw your own conclusions.
:evil5:
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

i heard there are a lot of plot holes in the movie. never explains why the government has this ruthless attitude, war is never explained, and why women are infertile.

is it like that, or whoever wrote that review is whistling dixie out their asshole?
Let's put a smile on that face
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I just saw it like 4 days ago too.
I really enjoyed it. The directing was breathtaking. Like you said, Every shot is like a postcard or something.

I hated the ending, tho....
Yeah, I know. open ending draw your own conclusions blah blah, but I just felt shafted once I saw those credits roll.

Later
ImageImage
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

antfarm311 wrote:i heard there are a lot of plot holes in the movie. never explains why the government has this ruthless attitude, war is never explained, and why women are infertile.

is it like that, or whoever wrote that review is whistling dixie out their asshole?
Well there's no plot holes, its just none of the big questions (Why can't anyone make babies? Why can Kee make a baby but no one else can't?) that are answered.

The government had a ruthless attitude towards the immigrants going into the country and detained them. You have to come up with your own reasons for this.

The war was to quiet down the uprising, because the whole world is falling apart.

I loved it because I can create my own universe about hte movie instead of the movie saying "Oh this is why this happened" blah blah blah.

Everybody's own interpretations would be miles beyond anything if there was answers to the question.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Is it just women that are infertal?
I thought it was that everyone became sterile in the future or something.

Later
ImageImage
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Women can't make babies in the movie. But in PD James' novel men can't.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Yea I just watched this the other day and I thought it was awesome.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Such an amazing movie. I saw it in the theaters when it first came out, and it blew my fucking mind.

Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

what a shitfest of a movie
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Piss off you cunt, your just trying to make me mad
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

lol you say this movie has no potholes? First off every movie ever made has potholes. The movie is a sham. And what was the point of seeing that girl's titties? Most unnecessary nude scene ever.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Dude that so called "nude" part was only 1 second, not even. So its far from being called "unnesscary". Unnesscary would be it being like a 20 minute showing of it.

And what potholes do you speak of?
8:16 AM
Your deed will be received

Post by 8:16 AM »

i can understand why the nude scene was included, although i wouldn't have put it in myself....

think about it this way...no one has seen a pregnant woman in almost 20 years, woman's breasts swell and enlarge during pregnancy, it's part of the process. it wasn't necessarily intended to shock us, but to shock clive's character, to get the whole picture. to see the so-called "beauty" of pregnant woman....
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i saw it. i enjoyed it. i thought the visuals were amazing and that one continous shot going up into that building near the end.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

GOATBURGE wrote:i thought the visuals were amazing

You were hiiiiiiiiiiigh :lol:

Later
ImageImage