Witcher 3

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Witcher 3

Post by 311Chik »

Anyone play it? I did, beat it and all the dlc. Loved it. Sad it's over. Could replay it but not the same as playing through the first time.
ImageImage
ER
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Witcher 3

Post by $lmjimy311 »

It's awesome. I haven't had a chance to beat it though with so many other games on my list. I travel back in every once in a while though and I love it each time.
:evil5: TB>BB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I tried it because of all the hype, and couldn't get into it. Maybe played 10 hours or so. I have a hard time with open world games, if they don't grab me pretty early on I will lose interest. Also, in the witcher, the characters all seemed quite dry and not very likeable. And the combat was awful, and the generic fantasy world setting didn't really do it for me either.

I played it right off the back of Bloodborne and Dark Souls, so I imagine that probably had something to do with it. Hard to go to a game like the witcher after playing those masterpieces.

Now, Horizon: Zero Dawn, on the other hand. THAT game was fucking awesome for an open world game.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I can see not liking the characters, were definitely a bunch I didn't like and enjoyed killing/pissing off because of it. The Blood and Wine DLC I had the "tragic ending" but I thought it was the best ending because I didn't like the characters at all.

My boyfriend had to up the difficulty of the Witcher to the highest setting because he'd been playing Dark Souls and Bloodborne. The lower difficulties just didn't provide any challenge after those games. I watched my boyfriend playing Horizon Zero Dawn and it looked good - going to play that once I finish Skyrim.
ImageImage
ER
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

nice. yeah skyrim was another one I couldn't really get into. played maybe 15 hours and got bored. same story. Generic fantasy world with semi-boring combat. endless options in an open world just make me bored because I can't decide where to go or what to do and I always feel like I'm making the wrong choice. I like games with more of a guiding story and linear feel sometimes.

You should play bloodborne. best PS4 game hands down. and yeah, Horizon for sure. That and Zelda: BoTW are probably the only two open world games I've ever been able to get super engrossed in.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

The Skyrim version I have is the remastered one for ps4 so it has the dlc in it. Had to start Dawnguard dlc immediately (think was level 10 I got the message it was starting) and beat it, otherwise the vampires kill characters you need for quests. Was fucking obnoxious. Couldn't fast travel at night and kept reloading when they'd kill merchants I needed. Haven't even touched the main dragon quests yet. Also haven't done much combat - been sneaking and mostly killing people with one shot from my bow. I like the quick kills.

The different options are what attract me to those games. Since I watch my boyfriend game, used to watch my brother, it's interesting to see how different our characters are and the end results.
ImageImage
ER
AlanSan
Welcome to this Groove

Post by AlanSan »

311Chik wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:39 pm Anyone play it? I did, beat it and all the dlc. Loved it. Sad it's over. Could replay it but not the same as playing through the first time.
I've beaten it three times. There's definitely replayability in Witcher 3. Maybe it's not as exciting as the first time, but it's still a great experience.