Haha, holy shit, last night...

Three Eleven.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Haha, holy shit, last night...

Post by Shiny »

What happened last night made my year. Please read all of this, I hope its as awesome to you to know this as it was for me. Its well worth the read in my opinion.

Ok so, last night I'm at this party at a friend of a friends' house. I'd only met maybe a handful of people there before and only really knew about 3 on a personal basis. We all drank a little bit and had a good time. Well anyway, there were these 3 cocky as fuck guys there that kept talking about their "band" all night to impress these 2 girls. I picked up right away that these guys were attention seeking bastards, and as accepting I've become over the years of different people, I can honestly say that I didn't like these guys' attitudes from the start. All night, all they were concerned about was impressing those 2 girls, who seemed really infatuated over the fact that they were "musicians".

Skip to around 1:30, about 10 of us, including those 3 guys and the 2 girls, were sitting outside on a covered porch by the pool that had a few of those "outside-in-the-sun" couches. After a while, one of the girls started getting really wet over one of the guys and, in an extremely slurred speech, begged him for about 10 minutes for him to give us all a sample of his "music". Well, the guy finally agreed...and he just so happened to have his guitar and his amp in his car or truck, so he went to go get it. He came back a few minutes later and hooked everything up, and told everyone to shut up so that he can make the girl more wet from his guitar. Not literally, but that's basically what he meant...you know. Even though I thought the guy was a bastard, I decided to listen attentively, cause I didn't know...maybe this guy might actually be a good songwriter. With a cocky smirk, he said "This is just an instrumental that I've been working on called 'Remembering the Times'". I had that voice in my head that you can almost hear when you're drunk saying "This is going to be some sappy ass shit, and this douchebag is going to get laid from it. What the fuck." And then as he began playing...I noticed something familiar...

In my drunken mind, it didn't occur to me at first what it was. It came as a shock and I scrambled to figure out exactly what his instrumental reminded me of. After about 10 seconds into the song, it was coming to me...and I realized...that it wasn't just a reminder...he was almost nailing the entire song note for note. And then I realized...this guy was playing the instrumental for "Time is Precious".

My eyes lit up and I looked at my friend sitting next to me to see if he noticed what was going on. He's a 311 fan, but not too familiar with the b-sides and rarities, so he didn't have a clue. I looked at the girl that he was trying to get ass from, and she was staring into his eyes as he played a barely known 311 song, claiming it as his own, not thinking that anyone knew the difference. But I did. Motherfucker. I felt the biggest adrenaline rush inside of me just to know that I caught this guy in the biggest lie ever, knowing that his ego was in my hands from my knowledge. I had a burned 311 b-sides CD in my car and I could have easily come back later on and played the real song. I sat there and thought about how to expose this guy's lie in the best way possible.

As I thought about it, I must have had the stupidest fuckin grin on my face the entire time. The time came that he copied Tim's awesome breakdown midway through the song that kicks off the louder part of Time is Precious. Basically everyone at that point, looked at him like "whoa man, that was good". And I knew I had to act, cause I love that part of the song, and that made my energy boost heighten even more.

When the time is right, I starting singing "From wreckless to recluse. Sometimes back a-gaaain" and got consistently louder. By the time I got to "Only that can, only that can sa-a-ave meeee", basically everyone could hear me, and they were looking at me with a confused expression. The girl that was all over the bastard 311 wannabe guitarist looked at me and started smiling at me, so I used this positive contact as a call for the finale. I stood up, the guy looked up from his guitar and stared me dead in the eye, with an uncomfortable stare, and sang as loud as I could "Time is just as preeecccious and you say it isss...I wanna spend it and know that we didn't misss". I think I flubbed one of the lines, but hey, I was drunk and that's beyond the point.

Everyone on the porch looked back and forth between him and I. The dudes out there that had just met him that night started telling him that his instrumental was "awesome" and "rocked" and all of that. One of them gave him a high five and started asking him questions about his band. Meanwhile, the other girl of the 2 asked me "How'd you come up with those lyrics on the spot like that? You two should like collaborate or something!". When he heard her say that, the guitar douchebag looked at me, made eye contact, and I looked back at the girl and said something to the effect "Nah, I just like singing random lyrics when I'm drunk". I looked at the guy, who was waiting for a response that would kill him, and I gave him a wink.

Well, he stopped playing music altogether, and the party continued in full effect until people started leaving at about 3. Once most people were out of there, and I was about to leave, that guy happened to be in the kitchen while I walked in there to get a glass of water. He looked at me and didn't say anything. I poured a glass of water while he was picking up beer cans off the counter and throwing them away. Before walking out, I said "Hey dude...you definately shouldn't try to pass off other people's shit as yours at anytime, because there's always that chance that somebody will know". He looked back at the counter and said "Yeh". And that was that.

What a great night.
Last edited by Shiny on Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

hahaha i can picture u bursting out singing it hahaha
LickSamba311
You got a choice of what you can do

Post by LickSamba311 »

i printed off your story and read it while takin a steamer. i had to go and i wanted to read your post and i couldn't wait that much longer and i couldnt think of anything else to read while on the seat.
i was almost positive you'd call that guy out. its cool that you didnt though. that would have sucked. but its true you shouldnt call other pples work your own. good read. kinda cut my asshole up when i wiped with it though! :twisted:
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned everywhere is war, me say war.
http://www.myspace.com/daveskiimeetsdub
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

lol

that's awesome. really awesome.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

haha sweet story. I love when crap like that happens. i bet you made him feel terrible. hahahahahahaha .. oh man. i bet he almost crapped his pants when you started singing. lol .. awesome.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I dont like reading that much, but I trust YOU that it was worth it. I must say that is a very funny story, that was cool how you busted the fuck out of that guy w/ out making him look like the tool he is. That was very very cool.
So its come to this?
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

I woulda made him look like a tool. You went too soft on the douchebag.
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

hahahaha..that is fuckin funny! nice one! :lol:
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Sparticus wrote:I woulda made him look like a tool. You went too soft on the douchebag.
Agreed.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

yeah that dude didnt deserve any pussy that night pulling that bullshit
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

shit i did the same thing one night to impress some ladies, pulled out my guitar and played "gimme some lovin" by G.Love and they bought it :wink:
Scopesx311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by Scopesx311 »

What a douchebag.... the guy that tried to pass off 311 as his own..
We're always searching for whats wrong...

Just dont drop that shit!!!

Goodbye Fried Rice... HELLO FRIED CHICKEN!!!
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

if that was me...and i was drunk...my foot would have been in his ear.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

haha I definately thought about that, but I decided not to come across as being an outspoken music know-it-all bastard all like "AHA! That was SOOOO a 311 song that you just played! I gotcha! Hey everyone, this guy is a PHONY. That's right...a PHONY!" ... like on that Family Guy episode. :lol:
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

should have spray painted phony on his car.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

miT_311 wrote:should have spray painted phony on his car.
:lol:
Rich
Along the way to close my eyes

Post by Rich »

hahaha good story
k311
Puttin on an angle puttin on a show

Post by k311 »

since the guy was acting cocky before he played the song i would have exposed him as a PHONY a BIG FAT PHONY :lol:
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

hahahaha wow that was awesome
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:
poolio
Taiyed Brodel

Post by poolio »

I am wet just thinking about time is precious :lol: :oops: and I have to take a steamer