from the raspler

Three Eleven.
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

from the raspler

Post by greenmonkey911 »

* 311 SUMMER TOUR SOON TO LAUNCH!!!
* New Album "Don't Tread On Me" coming August 16th!!!

Friends of 311....

The entire 311 Summer Tour 2005 is now posted at http://www.311.com !!!!!
The tour features 40 shows, coast to coast, in mostly amphitheatres.
Support bands are Papa Roach and Unwritten Law.
Tickets for many of these shows are now on sale!!
And many other shows are soon to go on sale. Be sure to visit the Tour Dates page of 311.com for pre-sale info so you can buy your tickets first (pit tickets / best seats in the house) with reduced service fees. Here are the tour cities below:

7/27 Santa Cruz
7/28 Santa Cruz
7/30 San Diego
8/1 Anaheim
8/2 Tucson
8/3 Phoenix
8/5 Las Vegas
8/6 Salt Lake City
8/7 Denver
8/9 Omaha
8/10 Columbia
8/11 Chicago
8/12 Kansas City
8/14 Columbus
8/15 Cincinnati
8/16 Cleveland
8/17 Detroit
8/19 Boston
8/20 New York
8/21 New Jersey
8/22 Atlantic City
8/24 Philadelphia
8/25 Virginia Beach
8/26 DC (<-- whoo!!)
8/27 Atlanta
8/28 Memphis
8/30 Birmingham
9/1 Jacksonville
9/2 West Palm Beach
9/3 Tampa
9/4 Pensacola
9/7 Baton Rouge
9/8 Corpus Christie
9/9 Houston
9/10 Austin
9/11 Dallas
9/13 Oklahoma City
9/14 Albuquerque
9/15 El Paso

Should be a great summer tour and the band can't wait to hit the road.
We're happy to hear many of you will be travelling to multiple shows this summer. Bring it on!!

And if you don't see your city listed, fear not, as we'll also be planning a Fall Tour soon of different cities.

New album out Tuesday, August 16th. More news to come soon.

Peter
311 management office * 311 SUMMER TOUR SOON TO LAUNCH!!!
* New Album "Don't Tread On Me" coming August 16th!!!
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

dammit i want some album updates!! we already know everything about the tour!
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
smiley311
Take my advice don't think twice

Post by smiley311 »

yeah, i got that same e-mail.. i think it was to shut everyone up on the UBB!
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

40 shows: weak.

No Minnesota, at all: Pathetic.

Sayzak: Frustrated.
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

5 shows in texas............ nice
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

FrixHex311 wrote:5 shows in texas............ nice
8)
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

oh I get it... 311 is trying to make up for the rock for kerry tour... trying to appeal to southerners... hence the american theme of the album...

politics.

5 shows in texas, zero in minnesota.
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

zak just think of it....5 in minnesota, 0 in texas....you just wait, it will fucking happen
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

that will never happen. :(
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

*SLAP!!!!!!!!!*
dont talk like that.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

2 santa cruz
5 texas
3 (i think) ohio

0 north carolina..those fuckers
:evil5: TB>BB
nixhex
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by nixhex »

4 in CA
today my love...
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

Post by hydropoNICK »

not to try and start something, but i don't get why you guys are bitching so bad. just make a freakin road trip, i'm drivin 8-9 hrs, then on the way back hittin another show, i'm sure you could do the same...its really not that bad
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

hydropoNICK wrote:not to try and start something, but i don't get why you guys are bitching so bad. just make a freakin road trip, i'm drivin 8-9 hrs, then on the way back hittin another show, i'm sure you could do the same...its really not that bad
hahaha seee i would...but i cant
:evil5: TB>BB
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

slmjimy311 wrote:
hydropoNICK wrote:not to try and start something, but i don't get why you guys are bitching so bad. just make a freakin road trip, i'm drivin 8-9 hrs, then on the way back hittin another show, i'm sure you could do the same...its really not that bad
hahaha seee i would...but i cant
nor can i...im 15
hydropoNICK

Post by hydropoNICK »

well there ya go
its not 311's fault that your too young to travel to a show
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

but the closest show is omaha. like 10 hours away.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Maybe next tour, they can schedule a stop on each day all summer, making sure that they chose to play in every single city for everyone who's too lazy to turn traveling to a concert into a possible fun road trip with your friends, or having your parents drive you if you're too young, or your 311 loving friend, whose mom doesn't give a shit about anything, drive you over there cause the mom doesn't give a shit and used to rock out to Zeppelin all over the country and got fucked multiple times by Jimmy Page, so she knows what its like. Maybe 311 will have the common courtesy to prevent such a horrible thing!!!!!
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion -- first and foremost. However, I do think that some of you are being short-sighted and selfish. I'm not trying to start shit with any of you -- i'm just going to say the following.

Tours are very complicated things to plan and execute. Not every venue is available, not every venue can accomodate certain types of shows on any given day/night. You have to worry about a number of different factors. If you're playing at a venue that doesn't typically have concerts .. you have to worry about a noise curfew.

I'm sure there were places that 311 wanted to play this summer - yet could not because A) the venue was unavailable on the day/s 311 needed it or B) things had to be switched around to accomodate another stop.You also could have to deal with C) the venue changing rules/regulations that no longer accomodates certain things that 311 needs to play their shows. There could be business changes, where the venue and promoters for the venue take a greater percentage of the show profits -- so the tour manager has to shop around for a venue that is going to give the band a better deal.

I don't think that most fans have any clue what it takes to put a tour together. It's not just as simple as going "hey let's play here!" -- you have to do a lot of homework, and posturing to get things done.

There will always be fans that will be disappointed on any given tour -- because as much as 311 may like to play your town -- they can't play everywhere. How do you think people that love 311 in Australia feel? Or Japan? or Germany? or England? -- In comparison to them... we have it made.

So while I understand your frustration -- you have to be grateful for what you DO have, rather than what you don't. When the fall tour comes around (and it will)... they'll play small theatres and arenas, and a few clubs. They'll hit up places they didn't get to go to on the Summer Tour... while some places that were hit on the Summer Tour, will be missed. Then it will be their turn to complain about how 311 doesn't like their town/state anymore.

Do you see what i'm saying? I'm not trying to be a dick here people -- but don't be so short-sighted. These things happen... nobody is trying to screw anyone out of getting to see 311 on tour.

As others have suggested -- roadtrips are an incredibly fun and worthwhile experience to take part-in. Most of us that are "hardcore" have traveled around on at least one roadtrip -- some of us on many. They can be costly, and stressful -- but if you do your homework before you go, you can cut costs and make things enjoyable. In many ways -- comparing a roadtrip to a full tour is a valuable thing. When you sit down and try to plan out directions, toll fees, gas money, food money, ticket costs and hotel reservations -- you get to see a fraction of what a touring band deals with.

If you decide to hit the road -- travel with a group of friends, split costs on cheap hotel rooms and don't waste money on stupid things you don't need.

If you're 13/14/15 and you're complaining about 311 not coming to your town -- you need to stop. Honestly, you really need to stop. I went to my first 311 show when I was 19 -- and had been a fan since I was 13. Do you think I would have liked to go see them when I was 13/14/15 years old? Hell yeah... I would! But not all of us are that lucky... You have to be grateful for what you have, when you have it. If you're too young to roadtrip out of town -- then you learn from that experience and you figure out a way to do it next time around.

You can't always wait for things to come to you -- if you want it bad enough -- you have to go after it, and make it happen.

I wanted to go out to Omaha in 2002... My friends told me they couldn't go -- So I planned things out, saved up... and flew out there by myself.

You have to put yourself in a postion for good things to happen to you. So don't whine, don't complain...

Be grateful for what you can do -- and figure out a way to make things happen in the fall.

It's as simple as that... look forward, keep your head up -- and stay positive.

This public service announcement brought to you by Vallon
Last edited by Vallon on Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hydropoNICK

Post by hydropoNICK »

beautiful vallon, simply beautiful