from the raspler

Three Eleven.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Shiny wrote:Maybe next tour, they can schedule a stop on each day all summer, making sure that they chose to play in every single city for everyone who's too lazy to turn traveling to a concert into a possible fun road trip with your friends, or having your parents drive you if you're too young, or your 311 loving friend, whose mom doesn't give a shit about anything, drive you over there cause the mom doesn't give a shit and used to rock out to Zeppelin all over the country and got fucked multiple times by Jimmy Page, so she knows what its like. Maybe 311 will have the common courtesy to prevent such a horrible thing!!!!!
look at it in our perspective....in mine...they havnt come here in 4 years...4 fucking years...they rarely ever come to northcarolina, its not fair that the carolina fans get no shows in 4 years, and the texas fans get 4 in 1 year...im not asking for every fucking city, im just asking for them to come to my state for once...i mean i think they can skip one show in texas for one show in nc
:evil5: TB>BB
prsand311
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by prsand311 »

Thats why I love living in Chicago. They usually always come here. If not they usually come to Milwaukee or Indianoplis. Which arent too far at all. I feel bad for you all but road trips are almost even better because you drive down with all your friends and party it up before/after the show.
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

slmjimy311 wrote:
Shiny wrote:Maybe next tour, they can schedule a stop on each day all summer, making sure that they chose to play in every single city for everyone who's too lazy to turn traveling to a concert into a possible fun road trip with your friends, or having your parents drive you if you're too young, or your 311 loving friend, whose mom doesn't give a shit about anything, drive you over there cause the mom doesn't give a shit and used to rock out to Zeppelin all over the country and got fucked multiple times by Jimmy Page, so she knows what its like. Maybe 311 will have the common courtesy to prevent such a horrible thing!!!!!
look at it in our perspective....in mine...they havnt come here in 4 years...4 fucking years...they rarely ever come to northcarolina, its not fair that the carolina fans get no shows in 4 years, and the texas fans get 4 in 1 year...im not asking for every fucking city, im just asking for them to come to my state for once...i mean i think they can skip one show in texas for one show in nc
Jimy, I can understand what you're saying -- but you need to realize something. No matter how much we don't want to think so -- Touring is all about $$$ -- From the band's perspective, they love playing for us - but the main purpose is to make a ton of money. They go to places where they have a lot of Media support from the radio/newspapers and they play at venues that can support their setup, and that pay them well.

If NC hasn't been getting many shows -- you can almost bet that one of those main factors is missing. Every city/metro area is competing to get a slot on the tour. Every major venue, every major radio station...

So you have to realize that it's not just the band neglecting to realize that they've missed NC for 4 years straight. There has to be a reason for it...

I know that it still sucks -- doesn't take away the sting... but there has to be a reason why.

All that being said -- bitching on the tour forum on the 311 bb can't hurt. Start a petition or something... and see what that does. If nothing else ... maybe you'll get an explanation for why they haven't been playing there.

--vallon
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i can only wish that that would work, but its hard enough to find ppl on either one of the two fan forums that are in carolina, i belive there is 5-6 all together..i know alot of 311 fans here..and else where all spread out to carolina, and i know that the have friends who are 311 fans and their friends are fans...god i want a concert here...i have taken some what of a road trip to see the....went to berkly,ca if that counts
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

slmjimy311 wrote:i can only wish that that would work, but its hard enough to find ppl on either one of the two fan forums that are in carolina, i belive there is 5-6 all together..i know alot of 311 fans here..and else where all spread out to carolina, and i know that the have friends who are 311 fans and their friends are fans...god i want a concert here...i have taken some what of a road trip to see the....went to berkly,ca if that counts
How far is VA Beach from you? I think they played their last year...

What about Bristow, VA (NOVA)... ? Are you in the western part of NC or the coast?
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

quit bitching
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

im on the east coast, va beach would be quite a drive for me
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

5 shows in Texas, 0 in my backyard thats bullshit! Now I have to drive 25 min. to the Woodlands those assholes.
So its come to this?
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

Post by hydropoNICK »

i find it hard to believe that the guys in 311 look at states and say they don't want to go there, blame your major market cities/venues/radio if anything
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

Rap Weasel wrote:5 shows in Texas, 0 in my backyard thats bullshit! Now I have to drive 25 min. to the Woodlands those assholes.
haha.. damn them makin me drive an hour to the woodlands
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

god damnit, they're having 311 Day in my city next year, that pisses me the fuck off
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

god damnit, they're having 311 Day in a city on the other side of the country next year, that pisses me the fuck off
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

miT_311 wrote:god damnit, they're having 311 Day in a city on the other side of the country next year, that pisses me the fuck off
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

greenmonkey911 wrote:
miT_311 wrote:god damnit, they're having 311 Day in a city on the other side of the country next year, that pisses me the fuck off
some thing like a 29 hour total driving time road trip for me .. not including pit stops.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

311 day should be in omaha... makes sense right?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

new orleans knows how to rock and 311 likes party after party until they dont know what they're celebrating 8)
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

attention zak and jimenel....
isnt it kind of annoying that we have a reason to be mad and all of these people are being sarcastic and making fun of us because we have no shows near us?
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

miT_311 wrote:attention zak and jimenel....
isnt it kind of annoying that we have a reason to be mad and all of these people are being sarcastic and making fun of us because we have no shows near us?
well maybe you should move to texas, duh
:wink:
i feel lucky i live in maryland, which is basically guaranteed a show within 4 hours driving distance every tour (b-more, DC, VA, NJ, PA...)
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

get your band of ninjas together, mit, i'm just fuckin' around my man, you know my style ;)
k311
Puttin on an angle puttin on a show

Post by k311 »

im definitely fortunate, 4 FL shows. Unfortunately i can only make one of them. Glad i can go 8)