Studio All Re-Mixed Up

Three Eleven.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Studio All Re-Mixed Up

Post by $ayzak »

How do we get them to do this? I would really like to get a studio version of it. Ya know?
fahrenheit311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by fahrenheit311 »

I doubt they'd ever go back and re-record it. I could of maybe seen them doing it for the greatest hits album kinda like how they remixed homebrew.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

They won't.

It's fine as a nice little extra live surprise. I don't need a studio version of it.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

wait until they turn 50 and release a box set. they probably have this beast studio recorded already but aren't gonna release it for years and years
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

yeah, the All Re-mixed Up song doesn't fit as well cause it goes from drums to no drums all of a sudden. But the Welcome mix kicks some serious ass, download it!
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

SKAbatula wrote:Sayzak...DJ3Striped mixed the album version and live extra verse into an .mp3 a while ago for me on Heaven. (Fuck that was so a run-on sentence). He also did the intro to Welcome and the drums in Applied Science. Check 'em out!

http://dj3stripes.homeip.net:8000/mp311/mp3/

yeah i checked those out and they were pretty damn good! thanks dj3stripes! good job
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
hy311dro
Right now my brain is fragile

Post by hy311dro »

nice
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i dont like the mix of cd and live songs. if its played live it should only be heard live, sounds weird to me. but they were put together very nicely
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i thought it was released on a vynal
:evil5: TB>BB
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

nahh that was just a remix...not the live version
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

What's the point of combining the two All Mixed Ups? I'd rather just listen to a full live version than that one that ruins the flow and feel of the song by having such an obvious switch right in the middle.

Later
ImageImage
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I don't care how much different a new recording would sound... shit, speedi t up, slow it down, throw some new twists in there... I jsut like the new bridge for all mixed up. I wanna hear a studio version gol darn it.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Jordan311 wrote:What's the point of combining the two All Mixed Ups? I'd rather just listen to a full live version than that one that ruins the flow and feel of the song by having such an obvious switch right in the middle.

Later

greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

then just listen to the live version, damn.
no need to hate on stripes' awesome work to get us to the closest we have to a studio version
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Goatburge wrote:i dont like the mix of cd and live songs. if its played live it should only be heard live, sounds weird to me. but they were put together very nicely
i did say he put them together very nicely

dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i totally agree with jordan, it was just an experiment somebody brought up, so i gave it a whirl i totally dig welcome only because it's in the beginning but AMU and AS are just, bleh............makes you just wanna listen to the live versions.......

speaking of which i've been screwin around makin more tunes, much differant, once i get a bit more confident in their production, and i get back from san diego i'll throw em up for all to listen.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

they won't do it in the studio for the same reason that they didn't do it in the studio in the first place: they don't have the right to. That bridge is a cover of a piece of another song (forget what band... DJ3stripes??). They probably don't see why it would be worth it to pay off the original artist for the right to record and sell it when they can just play it live for free. The 311 Day dvd audio rip is a good enough version of it anyways.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

they should extend that section to about 10 minutes when they play it live. just let that bass roll for a while so we can all groove.
Rock for Light
smiley311
Take my advice don't think twice

Post by smiley311 »

everyone is forgetting the natural speed firewater!! i can't listen to the album version!! if anyone wants it, i can send it to them, or maybe dj3stripes can add it to his site?
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i've heard many variants of the 'natural' speed..........but who's to say what speed is the actual recorded speed?