Looks like 311's record label are being shitheads again

Three Eleven.
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Looks like 311's record label are being shitheads again

Post by DoYouRight311 »

they asked us to remix some things, and to record some new songs, but, we told them that we aren't going to come up with anything better than what we have. It's pretty frustrating. But we've been through it before and we've only become stronger. we did do three remixes and if you ask me, it was a waste of (our) money and time. We need to be in full control of our musick because dealing with people who don't understand what we're trying to do is creatively difficult, at best.
we cannot be stopped
nut
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

those fucks, they are the balllickers
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

perhaps Ray was right, 311 should drop there label
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Fucking gayness.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
LickSamba311
You got a choice of what you can do

Post by LickSamba311 »

hell yeah 311.

GET UP, STAND UP!
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned everywhere is war, me say war.
http://www.myspace.com/daveskiimeetsdub
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

those shit head, i'm gonna kill them!
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:

Post by Guest »

Maybe the new album sucks.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

damn retardos
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

Post by hydropoNICK »

what a crock of shit, whatever happend to letting the band go wherever they want with the music

Switching' the emphasis from art to money.
But I demand autonomy what else my friend.
I tell you what 's wrong to me the industry's ability to manufacture stars.
They churn them out like Iwojema makes cars

how true is that hole verse
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

el pricko's
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

after this album they should just make WHY/Hydroponic Records a real label.. sign some unscouted acts.. start jamming at shows and just take over the music industry

they're at the point in their careers where they can release anything and people will buy it... so they should do it on their own.. invest in making a real label..

tadaaaa problem solved
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

fatlip wrote:after this album they should just make WHY/Hydroponic Records a real label.. sign some unscouted acts.. start jamming at shows and just take over the music industry

they're at the point in their careers where they can release anything and people will buy it... so they should do it on their own.. invest in making a real label..

tadaaaa problem solved
Apparently, great minds think alike...

I just made this post on the 311 BB; Bandmember's Forum (with the hopes P-Nut sees it)

Thought I would share it with the Taiyed Brodels community as well...

http://bbs.311.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.c ... 5;t=008528

My thoughts on Volcano, the new record... and 311's future.

A) Volcano/Capricorn has consistently done a poor job representing and promoting 311's work. There have been past albums that I believe were abandoned wayyy too early -- when they had the potential to have 4/5 singles, rather than just 2.

The fact that certain "singles" barely got airplay, and never had a video to me show's a lack of commitment on behalf of Volcano towards the band.

B) I hope that in the future 311 brings things back to a Grassroots level -- not in terms of popularity, we don't want them to go backwards... but in terms of fan involvement with things like street teams, and promoting albums, songs, videos, etc. It seems like in recent years it's all been through Fanscape -- which is not dedicated to 311 -- it's a promotional arm of many labels, and it lacks. I think in past years it discriminated way too much -- and didn't allow ordinary fans to become involved unless by some luck of the draw, you were selected. I think a fan run street team community would be in the best interests of the band.

C) After 15 years of putting out music -- 311 has earned the right to control it's own destiny. I know that being lucky enough to be a signed band means that you have to compromise with the label on various issues. But you should never compromise your artistic freedom or your creativity. Art is art... and it's not meant to be stripped away, or put in a cookie cutter mold. It's supposed to make you think, it's supposed to push the boundaries. So stay true to your music, and your ideals -- don't sell out your musical vision ... DO sell out every show on this tour.

D) I think that 311 should create it's own label (be it through What Have You, or something completely new). Many people are looking to 311 to be what Phish and the Dead were for so many years. We want to keep going to shows for years to come, and hear great music. You guys have the fanbase... a fiercely loyal and devoted one. So the power to control your own destiny as artists should rest in your hands, not someone else's. I think if 311 creates it's own label, and brings other talented/unique bands into that fold... and brings them out on the road -- it's going to do great things for both 311, and the label.

We want to see jazzy/funk bands, and hiphop groups and rockin bands that we've never seen/heard before. That's part of the fun of going to a show, and discovering new talent. While teaming up with big name artists opens 311 up to a wider audience -- it also takes away from the vibe of shows sometimes. There was a time when 311 played with bands like The Urge, No Doubt, Phunk Junkeez, 2 Skinnee J's, Shootyz Groove, etc, etc... before anyone knew who those bands were. I've discovered a lot of these bands through my love of 311 -- and I think that it would be awesome for 311 to introduce it's fanbase to a whole new group of young and talented bands/artists. So I think that would be a great direction for the band to take -- I think a label dedicated to originality, and a positive vibe would be a wonderful thing.

E) I think that Don't Tread On Me is going to be a great record -- regardless of what Volcano says/does. I just hope that it has the approval, satisfaction of ALL members of the band before it hits the shelves. The most important thing is making the best record for YOURSELVES. Regardless of what the reaction is to it... that's the most important thing. You've worked hard, you've written a gazillion notes, filmed hours of footage, played till your fingers bled (i'm guessing), and you poured yourselves into this new baby.

We all can't wait to check it out... to crank in the car with the windows down. We can't wait to put the headphones on, and close our eyes and go on that sonic journey.

So regardless of what any label, or any single person says -- we've got your back. We love the musick - we always will... cuz we're down for the unity.

Fuck the Naysayers

It's 2005, and I want my 311.

much love

--vallon

[ 06-25-2005, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Vallon ]

--------------------
Purpose:
"1st rule says you've got to believe in who you are - 2nd asks you to believe anything is possible - 3rd get up and do it, boy you'll be a star -- My roots are constellations, guiding me home cuz i'm living for the love of rock & roll" --Curt Grubb

Give Me A Call:
AIM: VallonRocks311
E-Mail: VallonRocks@gmail.com

Visit:
MySpace - Say hi!
Xanga - My thoughts, dreams and musings on life, music and everything in-between

Freeze Time:
11/12/99, 6/15/00, 11/5/00, 10/4/01, 11/28/01, 3/28/02, 3/30/02, 4/5/02, 4/8/02, 8/11/03, 8/13/03, 10/29/03, 10/30/03, 10/31/03, 11/1/03, 11/9/03, 11/12/03, 11/13/03, 3/11/04, 7/20/04, 7/21/04, 7/23/04

Sweet:
8/19/05, 8/21/05
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

exatly what i was thinking when i read this, 311 has enough money to ether continue what have you rcords or start up a new one

so wait these re-mixes hes talking about, is that just like re doing certain songs, or anactual re-mix...like ya know...a dance re-mix
:evil5: TB>BB
fahrenheit311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by fahrenheit311 »

slmjimy311 wrote:so wait these re-mixes hes talking about, is that just like re doing certain songs, or anactual re-mix...like ya know...a dance re-mix
He probably meant that they just re-did some of the mixes. I doubt there will be an "Always an Excuse" techno remix on the album.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

hahaha that would be interesting
:evil5: TB>BB
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

fahrenheit311 wrote:
slmjimy311 wrote:so wait these re-mixes hes talking about, is that just like re doing certain songs, or anactual re-mix...like ya know...a dance re-mix
He probably meant that they just re-did some of the mixes. I doubt there will be an "Always an Excuse" techno remix on the album.
I concur... :wink:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

well said mr. vallon
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:

Post by Guest »

Maybe they want more songs because the ones they are putting on the album sucks?
k311
Puttin on an angle puttin on a show

Post by k311 »

im sure it happens with almost every major label and band. They invested a lot of money into 311 and they want to have a say in what comes out because it is still a business. Its not a huge deal, imo, especially the way 311 seems to be handling it.
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

the label should only be able to suggest things. as long as in the end 311 do what they feel is good, thats all that matters
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE