311 wiki -- anyone can help

Three Eleven.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

dude, thanks for pointing out that MoZ link...it kicks ass!

oh and i found out that if you type <br/> at the end of each line, it breaks the line to the next row. this is better for typing lyrics so you don't end up with those boxes seperating each verse.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Shiny wrote:dude, thanks for pointing out that MoZ link...it kicks ass!

oh and i found out that if you type <br/> at the end of each line, it breaks the line to the next row. this is better for typing lyrics so you don't end up with those boxes seperating each verse.
if you just put a single space on the lines in between verses, it won't box them seperately.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

crap, i went through on the FTBS lyrics page and removed the boxes. i'm sorry if thats not how you wanted it...i can fix it in the morning if youd like.

added more to the Unity album page...

and added all of the dates and a few setlists. if anyone has any pre-2000 setlists, please find the date on there and add a page!
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 wiki -- anyone can help

Post by greenmonkey911 »

Station wrote:I made a 311 encyclopedia that anyone can help create. It's a wiki, and you should check it out.

http://www.311forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=54207#54207
making us go to another domain to be sent back to this one.. this reminds me of that movie labyrinth with david bowie, that was a psychedelic movie..
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I've got an idea that I was inspired from years having dead links every time a year was mentioned on the pages. There can be a new main section called the "311 Timeline" that links off into seperate pages for every year that 311 has been in existence. Each "year page" can have links back to the official 311 Timeline page, as well as all of the other years at the bottom. Convieniently, any time that a specific year is mentioned within text on any other part of the Wiki, it will link to that individual year page. The meat of each year page lists out all of the important events that happened to or affected 311 in order for that year...detailed as much as possible. I partially did 2004 for an example of my idea:

http://taiyedbrodels.com/wiki/index.php?title=2004

And then going back to the main 311 page, you can see that everytime "2004" is mentioned, the link directs to this page

What does everyone think?
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Shiny wrote:I've got an idea that I was inspired from years having dead links every time a year was mentioned on the pages. There can be a new main section called the "311 Timeline" that links off into seperate pages for every year that 311 has been in existence. Each "year page" can have links back to the official 311 Timeline page, as well as all of the other years at the bottom. Convieniently, any time that a specific year is mentioned within text on any other part of the Wiki, it will link to that individual year page. The meat of each year page lists out all of the important events that happened to or affected 311 in order for that year...detailed as much as possible. I partially did 2004 for an example of my idea:

http://taiyedbrodels.com/wiki/index.php?title=2004

And then going back to the main 311 page, you can see that everytime "2004" is mentioned, the link directs to this page

What does everyone think?
That's a kick ass idea. I had something like that in mind when setting some of the pages up... you can see that many year numbers are already links. This one will be quite a task, but we've got all the time we need!

p.s. i'm going to look into this super sweet timeline thing that the wiki software can do... let me get a few pics for you... look at this page and check out the links for examples. Looks kinda complicated, but it might be worth trying sometime.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EasyTimeline
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

there should be a random facts section
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

but im too scared
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

pussy
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Goatburge wrote:pussy
is soooooooooo gooooooood
:evil5: TB>BB
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

the last two posts in this thread are completely worthless and it takes every bit of strength i have not to delete them.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

its all in fun man, don't get too upset. if i have anything i can add to the site i would be glad too, but from what i've seen, it looks like its shaping up real nice.

Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Awesome. Oh and I wasn't upset. I just think that people might need outside help in distinguishing worthwhile posts from completely useless & pointless crap.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Station wrote:Awesome. Oh and I wasn't upset. I just think that people might need outside help in distinguishing worthwhile posts from completely useless & pointless crap.
got ya :wink:

oh yeah, and i like that timeline idea!

CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

what were the bad posts?
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

how about the one everyone quotes "have to show you how".. (lose)
i'd fix it but i'm not sure, is it "ghosts of lost loves prowl"?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

greenmonkey911 wrote:how about the one everyone quotes "have to show you how".. (lose)
i'd fix it but i'm not sure, is it "ghosts of lost loves prowl"?
i agree, thats how i hear it
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

i found a...very obvious mistake.

but your takin' it to the head
you little bastard better watch you back
cuz we're after your punk a-- by God we're gonna jack it
you're played out[i/] and small time and your show is over
you're 'bout as lucky as a three leaf clover
and your older ho bag sceezer in her droopy saggy skin
who thought she was a model
but in truth a never-has-been
you both are fools, you and your cheap rooms too
the cigar biting your lips the way love use to

im listening to salsa now and he obviously says

you're dirty and small time and your show is over
you're 'bout as lucky as a three leaf clover
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Then edit that shit yo

By the way, Ska, love the lyrics you added to "Hola Hola Hola". Haha. Which, by the way, when did they play that? I've never heard of it.
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

i see no lyrics to "First Straw" and "How Do You Feel?"
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin: