anyone like solar flair?

Three Eleven.
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

"when a war chant becomes a popular song"

i notice this a long time ago, dunno if it's been posted..
was nick predicting the success of "Don't Tread on Me" on singles charts?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

greenmonkey911 wrote:"when a war chant becomes a popular song"

that or, he could of been saying that its pretty bad when a war chant becomes a popular song, trying to show how some people are getting all hyped up about war

im not positive, i havent listend to the song in a wihle so im not sure what comes directly before that or not, just my view on that one line alone
:evil5: TB>BB
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

-sa's rhymes dont flow
-the sound is too rough for 311, one of their best qualitys was the ability to rock out while still being smooth, they don't have that anymore.
-nick sounds like a retard
-bashing mtv while they advertise DTOM on it
-i've seen MAGAZINE ADS for DTOM
-no change in beat the entire song, a quality i prided in 311
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

GOATBURGE wrote:i don't see how anybody could take a bathroom break during 311 playing!!!!!!!!!
yeah. just pee on yourself. no one's gonna notice
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

slmjimy311 wrote:
greenmonkey911 wrote:"when a war chant becomes a popular song"

that or, he could of been saying that its pretty bad when a war chant becomes a popular song, trying to show how some people are getting all hyped up about war

im not positive, i havent listend to the song in a wihle so im not sure what comes directly before that or not, just my view on that one line alone
I agree. Its about the popular opinion of being for the war in Iraq.

This is my least favorite song on DTOM, but I do like it. Mainly just the memories that come with listening to it.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i can't even listen to this song
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

how does everyone feel about the kewl creepy drum roll coming out of nowhere in the beginning of the song and then fading out. it really sets the mood doesn't it??
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

yeah, like the mood at the breakfast table after you see your grandma having sex with your dad the night before.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

:shock:
BigEyedPhish311
Living is a journey

Post by BigEyedPhish311 »

Element wrote:yeah, like the mood at the breakfast table after you see your grandma having sex with your dad the night before.
...(visual)...(shudder)...yeah kind of like that.
i think sa overdid it in a lot of places during the dtom sessions. i have said that the demos for little brother we awful because sa sounded strange. though he toned it down for the final version of little brother (though he still sounds bad), he sounds the same way to me on solar flair. someone on here said the song sounds forced kind of like full ride. i agree, but now full ride kinda sounds ok to me compared to solar flair
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Element wrote:yeah, like the mood at the breakfast table after you see your grandma having sex with your dad the night before.
I heaved at that one.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Element wrote:i can't even listen to this song
Seriously
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

i do like the line

'cultures refferral to democracies girls, learn the rules of engagement sweetheart this is the world'

their lyrics used to be so good. more sa than nick, but grassroots is just so fucking solid lyrically, even the goofy shit like off beat.

i mean.. how did it get to this? listen to use of time.. where is the band that wrote that song? where is the poetry? where is the ambiguity? where is the soul?

what is that trainspotting quote? something like - you get it and you have it for a while and then you lose it and its gone forever... and thats it.
Rock for Light
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

[quote="FreeRayLiotta"]i do like the line

'cultures refferral to democracies girls, learn the rules of engagement sweetheart this is the world'

their lyrics used to be so good. more sa than nick, but grassroots is just so fucking solid lyrically, even the goofy shit like off beat.

i mean.. how did it get to this? listen to use of time.. where is the band that wrote that song? where is the poetry? where is the ambiguity? where is the soul?

*That fire is long gone forever*
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:i do like the line

what is that trainspotting quote? something like - you get it and you have it for a while and then you lose it and its gone forever... and thats it.
What about the lyrics for Getting Through to Her?
:evil5: