CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

they are probably not the studio ones though
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
Hostile_Apostle311
Listen to the DJ just rappin and things

Post by Hostile_Apostle311 »

I have stealing my girl and some other new ones, i need wandering around dammit!
"And sometimes I pray
waiting for some bright holiday.
So I bought myself a gun.
And I'm right back where i'm from."
fahrenheit311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by fahrenheit311 »

fahrenheit311 wrote:So basically, the only songs that no one has heard any part of are "Thank Your Lucky Stars", "T.H.A.W", and "It's Getting OK Now"? Also, what do "Wandering", "Go", "Getting Through", and "Stealing my Girl" sound like?
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

let me correct myself i have Long For The Flowers
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

fahrenheit311 wrote:Also, what do "Wandering", "Go", "Getting Through", and "Stealing my Girl" sound like?
Wandering Around almost sounds country-ish.. nick's vocals are kinda.. well, country-ish.. and there's a "wah/talk" lead throughout the majority of the song (champagne-ish, but notes, not chords)... this is one of the demos that doesnt have real drums so =/ .. the bassline is nice though.. also a faint acoustic guitar audible

Go is heavier.. and bouncy/catchy as hell.. no vocals on this one.. very repetitive.. but it was just the first version of the demo

Getting Through has two leads in the begining of the song..then switches to standard.. one lead, one chords.. the heavier breakdown is fucking rad -- SA does all the vocals in a singing manner... kinda like inner light spectrum.. but its much much more upbeat.. nice semi-funk bassline.. P-Nut seems to move around a lot in this album... i'm impressed, very melodic.. this is probably the most melodic song out of all of them

Stealing My Girl is by far my favorite of all of them.. the music itself is clearly 99.99999% influenced by the clash... you hear the opening dirty chords, simple kkick/hi-hat beat then the bass comes in and immediately think "clash".. musically this could have been a clash song, when the verse comes in.. chad's beat is A++.. the bass gets nice and slappy during the chorus though along with choppy palm-muted riffs, excellent rhythms.. all in all.. this song gives me a total boner.
[edit] oh yeah.. and nick's vocals on SMG are rad too.. they're slow and drawn out.. but nice and melodic
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:

Post by Guest »

Stop rubbing it in our face in your sig.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Element wrote:Stop rubbing it in our face in your sig.
i was fucking listening to it to give a better description you dipshit... if you guys dont wanna fucking hear info on it, then dont fucking ask for it.

Post by Guest »

I have the shitty versions that (Jordan) someone recorded on the phone as you played it.

You are being really ridiculous about this demo shit.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

nah not jordan.. emily

btw you're the one being ridiculous.. i'm answering someone else's question.. if you dont like it.. dont read it.. thats the beauty of this board compared to 311forums.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Nah, I didn't record or release shit. You musta got your info wrong, Element.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:

Post by Guest »

Sorry Jordan. :)

Post by Guest »

LET OUR DEMOS GO.
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

fatlip wrote:
fahrenheit311 wrote:Also, what do "Wandering", "Go", "Getting Through", and "Stealing my Girl" sound like?
Wandering Around almost sounds country-ish.. nick's vocals are kinda.. well, country-ish.. and there's a "wah/talk" lead throughout the majority of the song (champagne-ish, but notes, not chords)... this is one of the demos that doesnt have real drums so =/ .. the bassline is nice though.. also a faint acoustic guitar audible

Go is heavier.. and bouncy/catchy as hell.. no vocals on this one.. very repetitive.. but it was just the first version of the demo

Getting Through has two leads in the begining of the song..then switches to standard.. one lead, one chords.. the heavier breakdown is fucking rad -- SA does all the vocals in a singing manner... kinda like inner light spectrum.. but its much much more upbeat.. nice semi-funk bassline.. P-Nut seems to move around a lot in this album... i'm impressed, very melodic.. this is probably the most melodic song out of all of them

Stealing My Girl is by far my favorite of all of them.. the music itself is clearly 99.99999% influenced by the clash... you hear the opening dirty chords, simple kkick/hi-hat beat then the bass comes in and immediately think "clash".. musically this could have been a clash song, when the verse comes in.. chad's beat is A++.. the bass gets nice and slappy during the chorus though along with choppy palm-muted riffs, excellent rhythms.. all in all.. this song gives me a total boner.
[edit] oh yeah.. and nick's vocals on SMG are rad too.. they're slow and drawn out.. but nice and melodic

thanks for describing some of the songs. damn i cant wait for this album!! the bad quality one ive heard of stealing my girl seems to be my favorite too. sounds like new school 311 mixed with some old school shit. good stuff!
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
fahrenheit311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by fahrenheit311 »

fatlip wrote:

Thanks for the kind descriptions.
k311
Puttin on an angle puttin on a show

Post by k311 »

really excited for this album :)
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

woo 311
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5: