DAMMIT 311... why :(

Three Eleven.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

DAMMIT 311... why :(

Post by GOAT »

go to http://www.311.com and check the news page again. Seems that there will ony be 11 songs on the new album. the thing that upsets me is that they just edited the article to make it seem like that is what they originally put there. but we loyal 311 fans know better. unless the first article was a typo. but this 11 track stuff is bullshit. we know that there are 20 + full demos out there that could be songs on the album. i dont understand the 11 unless it is a time issue, but whatever. i was pleased with evolver and its 11 songs, so i'll prolly enjoy dtom and its 11, but it just saddens me the way they did it. :cry:
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I just think its lame that nick tries to push the whole "vibe of the album as a whole" thing now, which is why the album gets trimmed down so much. I think he's putting too much thought in it. Time is Precious and What Do You Do would have easily been 2 of the better songs on Evolver if they wouldn't have left them off. Granted we got to hear the songs anyway, just like we'll get to hear whatever gets cut off of DTOM, so its cool anyway.

I guess its one we won't understand unless we're in it with him there hand in hand
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I think Nick is completely obsessed with the number 11... something tells me there will be yet another 11-track CD by 311...

Three 11 tracks CDs total.
Hostile_Apostle311
Listen to the DJ just rappin and things

Post by Hostile_Apostle311 »

maybe they're next album will be their last. think about it. this will be their second 11 track cd, which would be 211 with just the numbers. one more would be 311! I'm kidding, but seriously, 11 songs? Comon...
"And sometimes I pray
waiting for some bright holiday.
So I bought myself a gun.
And I'm right back where i'm from."
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

:cry:
:evil5: TB>BB
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

311 can die and rot in hell!! :evil:
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

damn that sucks. just more songs for etsd3 i guess
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

*tempertantrum* flarginfwrgican'turgelvenwhatisthecrapolashitRAWRelevensongswhataurg! argshdfistupidfuckingcutdownthealbumasmuchaswecangoddamnitjustputall thesongsonthererawrrawrrawrnowwehavetowaitforetsd3sonofabitch.

but at least this is my 321 post which is fun becuase it is reverse numeric order. that makes me feel better. *calm*
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

This news pisses me off greatly. Seriously what the fuck. They could keep the one track somewhere in there. Makes no god damn sense.

Later
ImageImage
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

....boo.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

fuck it, we're getting demos right?

dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i'm not the least bit surprised, but i'm deff. not as upset about it. and the fact there's no hard date set for release makes me predict early to mid august minimum..........
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

its all good. 311 releases a lot of material. i think its ok to save some for later use. most bands just put out records, and never release EP's like 311 does. the ETSD 1 EP holds a special place in my heart, and those songs definately could have been on the blue album.

They'll be releasing them one way or another. pnut said that somewhere. i look at is as eating dinner then getting dessert. in 8 months after they tour and we've listened to the record over and over again, we'll get a nice slice of pie to keep things fresh and they will start playing those songs live.

but i really just hope they are fucking with us and they drop an 18 song record. or maybe they need more time to work on those songs and will maybe write a few more while they are on tour and release another record in the winter.
Rock for Light
strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Post by strongallalong »

As long as they are officially released I'm down. I dig the "album as a whole" thing cause that's an old school style to a lot of classic music.

If you have 11 kick ass tracks and always listen to the cd straight through, isn't that more enjoyable then having another "which songs do you usually skip over" thread on this board in a month? I love to chill and let a 311 album play, I think it disrupts the vibe if you have to get up and press a button to change the song in the middle of an album. It kills the flow.

Maybe some of the more rock out tracks will be exclusively live. I'm down with that. I'm guessing they will play a lot of the currently unreleased stuff on tour this year, at least I hope they will. It seems a lot of people's 311 faith has been shaken. Just wait. The band seems to be collaborating more as a group for this album and I can't wait for it. Nut said he and Chad would take a stand if shit started to get out of hand or ridiculous, so it's evident that the whole band has been in on the entire process the entire time, and whatever gets on this album will be top notch shit that the entire band digs on and loves listening to as much as playing.
ride the jont piece...
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i bet you'll all be even more pissed off to hear it was pushed back to 8/16... or so i've heard.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

dang :?

CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

fatlip wrote:i bet you'll all be even more pissed off to hear it was pushed back to 8/16... or so i've heard.

i bet you're right
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

there so fuckin unorganized
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Guys, is it just me but when this news article was released it said "12 songs" not "11". They sure as hell changed it just now I believe.

I bet that 1 song was Whisky and Wine. And if it is, you'll see me very upset and angry.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Ummm didn't Nick always say this was going to be an 11 track album?