15 Years ago today..

Three Eleven.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

15 Years ago today..

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

311 played their infamous Fugazi show that Nick flew back from Germany for and off they went.

Happy 15th. (Why am I not going to a 15th Anniversary show tonight?)
Rock for Light
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

CELEBRATE
:evil5: TB>BB
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

Post by hydropoNICK »

that would've been sweet to be there...fugazi is actually really good

Post by Guest »

WOOOT

HAPPY BDAY!
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

here's to 15 more! :D
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE

Post by Guest »

I'll drink to that!
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

Nice to see that someone else remembered... :D

I contributed this to various 311 message boards and mailing lists... and thought i'd share it with Taiyed Brodels as well...

----

Fifteen years ago, on this date... five friends from Omaha took the stage for the first time. This young band didn't have top billing that night... nor did they have top billing for awhile... but steadily they continued to play shows, and win over more and more fans. In time, they became one of the biggest bands in Omaha... and they embarked on a roadtrip out to LA to make their dreams come true. They wanted to make music for life, they wanted to raise consciousness... they wanted to spread a positive message & have a blast doing it -- and today, 15 years later -- they've accomplished all those things.

We all gather here to celebrate our love and admiration of this band and the music they create. We all gather from across the country and the globe to meet, and celebrate together from the Coast of California... to the Fields of Omaha. From Bourbon Street to West 34th Street and beyond... We gather to see these 5 friends from Omaha - these 5 talented musicians - and we celebrate life and music together. We are touched by this music... and 15 years later, THAT is the single greatest achievement of 311. It's not the only achievement, as there have been many -- but in terms of touching a mass of humanity, and impacting lives, changing lives for the better ... it's without question the greatest.

I've been touched by 311 -- as has everyone that comes here. We're all connected and bonded by the music... from Music to Evolver -- whether we're old school or new school - we all share that common bond. You see it at the shows... you step into another world and see the unity, and the comradarie that exists. You walk into a sea of strangers - yet you feel more at home than anywhere else. You're among friends...

Over the years - you keep going back, and you keep seeing familiar faces. Why? Because 311 fans are some of the most dedicated and loyal fans that any band could hope to have. You see hundreds of familiar faces... you recognized a kid from Louisiana, and a girl from Atlanta, you see people from California, and a bunch of "bbers" from Ohio. There is such a sense of community with 311 - and more often than not a common interest in great music, keeping a positive attitude, and living life to the fullest. I can't tell you how many random people from a concert, or an online bulletin board have become close friends of mine. Some of my greatest memories from the past 10 years have involved 311 shows, parties & get-togethers. But in the grand scheme of things ... looking back, I just notice how so many people have entered my life through this common love of 311 - and how those relationships have enriched it.

So today, we celebrate 15 years of great performances.... 15 years full of music.... 7 albums, the eighth right around the corner... We celebrate 15 years of memories... and 15 years of friendships.

Multiply those 15 years times every person that's ever heard or seen 311 play... times every person that's ever found hope, solace or joy in a 311 song. 311's music has touched millions of lives across the globe... from America to Australia, from Germany to Japan -- and today we all celebrate a truly great and inspiring band.

So today, I say thank you to the band -- for continuing to live out that dream you had 15 years ago, and for giving us something to dream about. I say thank you to Joan, Pat, Peter & Adam... and all those that help us and keep us informed with what's going on... and I say thank you to all the friends i've made in my 10 years of being a 311 fan. It's been a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see what the next 15 years brings...

Much love & respect

--vallon
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

Element wrote:I'll drink to that!
drummer311
You're a power spot rotating

Post by drummer311 »

Vallon wrote:Nice to see that someone else remembered... :D

I contributed this to various 311 message boards and mailing lists... and thought i'd share it with Taiyed Brodels as well...

----

Fifteen years ago, on this date... five friends from Omaha took the stage for the first time. This young band didn't have top billing that night... nor did they have top billing for awhile... but steadily they continued to play shows, and win over more and more fans. In time, they became one of the biggest bands in Omaha... and they embarked on a roadtrip out to LA to make their dreams come true. They wanted to make music for life, they wanted to raise consciousness... they wanted to spread a positive message & have a blast doing it -- and today, 15 years later -- they've accomplished all those things.

We all gather here to celebrate our love and admiration of this band and the music they create. We all gather from across the country and the globe to meet, and celebrate together from the Coast of California... to the Fields of Omaha. From Bourbon Street to West 34th Street and beyond... We gather to see these 5 friends from Omaha - these 5 talented musicians - and we celebrate life and music together. We are touched by this music... and 15 years later, THAT is the single greatest achievement of 311. It's not the only achievement, as there have been many -- but in terms of touching a mass of humanity, and impacting lives, changing lives for the better ... it's without question the greatest.

I've been touched by 311 -- as has everyone that comes here. We're all connected and bonded by the music... from Music to Evolver -- whether we're old school or new school - we all share that common bond. You see it at the shows... you step into another world and see the unity, and the comradarie that exists. You walk into a sea of strangers - yet you feel more at home than anywhere else. You're among friends...

Over the years - you keep going back, and you keep seeing familiar faces. Why? Because 311 fans are some of the most dedicated and loyal fans that any band could hope to have. You see hundreds of familiar faces... you recognized a kid from Louisiana, and a girl from Atlanta, you see people from California, and a bunch of "bbers" from Ohio. There is such a sense of community with 311 - and more often than not a common interest in great music, keeping a positive attitude, and living life to the fullest. I can't tell you how many random people from a concert, or an online bulletin board have become close friends of mine. Some of my greatest memories from the past 10 years have involved 311 shows, parties & get-togethers. But in the grand scheme of things ... looking back, I just notice how so many people have entered my life through this common love of 311 - and how those relationships have enriched it.

So today, we celebrate 15 years of great performances.... 15 years full of music.... 7 albums, the eighth right around the corner... We celebrate 15 years of memories... and 15 years of friendships.

Multiply those 15 years times every person that's ever heard or seen 311 play... times every person that's ever found hope, solace or joy in a 311 song. 311's music has touched millions of lives across the globe... from America to Australia, from Germany to Japan -- and today we all celebrate a truly great and inspiring band.

So today, I say thank you to the band -- for continuing to live out that dream you had 15 years ago, and for giving us something to dream about. I say thank you to Joan, Pat, Peter & Adam... and all those that help us and keep us informed with what's going on... and I say thank you to all the friends i've made in my 10 years of being a 311 fan. It's been a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see what the next 15 years brings...

Much love & respect

--vallon
wow dude that was a fucking great post! 8)
Think of all the good times
instead of wish we could times.......

I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

Happy 15th. (Why am I not going to a 15th Anniversary show tonight?)
i agree man wtf they should have had a big ass festival :x

oh yeah Ray Liotta is the man i just watched some mob movie and he kicked some ass in that movie
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

wow dude that was a fucking great post!
Thanx man... glad you liked it!

--vallon
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i enjoyed that post. i fuckin love 311
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5: