red rocks 8/7/2005

Three Eleven.
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

red rocks 8/7/2005

Post by hydropoNICK »

so i'm plannin on makin the trip out to denver for the show. i haven't ever been to a show there but i hear that it is amazing. i'm plannin on ordering the tickets throught the pre-sale in hope of getting good seats, but my question is to anybody that has been there, where would you recommend to sit? and are the closer seats tickets more expensive? also if your going to the show let me know and we could possibly meet up...all your info is appreciated.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

speaking of red rocks.. i will be releasing a LOSSLESS 311 Red Rocks show (soundboard) as soon as the new album comes out! (maybe sooner if i feel like it!)

not quite sure how the show went.. but heres the tracks i have (if anyone can point me to the date/info on this show, please do.. becuase i'm lazy)

-Amber (cuts off at very end)
-Applied Science (cuts out towards end of drum solo)
-Don't Dwell
-First Straw (cuts off at very end)
-Nix Hex
-Who's Got the Herb

i think it may be 6/26/04.. if someone can get the setlist for that.. rock.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
hydropoNICK

Post by hydropoNICK »

so no one has been to red rocks? well that really sucks
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

fatlip wrote:i think it may be 6/26/04.. if someone can get the setlist for that.. rock.
http://setlist.com/311/2004/6.26.04.html
nixhex
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by nixhex »

my grandpa lives in Ft. Collins, CO, and my dad grew up there, and my dad and I have taken a bunch of road trips out out there. We're actually planning on going again this summer. Highly doubtful i'll see 311 though. I haven't seen any shows, but i have been there when shows arent goin on, and that place is awesome. Its riciculous...an amphitheater blasted out of giant red boulder. its on like a lush green slope in this small valley thingy. There are like 150 ft sheer rock walls on the sides of the theater. My dad saw Jethro Tull there in like 1970, and he said people would sit on top of the cliff, drinkin a wine cooler and smokin a joint, with their legs dangling over the sheer cliff, and just watch the show.

hope that helps hydro lol
today my love...
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Oh I'll so be there. I was there last year with 311, The Roots and Medeski Martin and Wood.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Subnova wrote:Oh I'll so be there. I was there last year with 311, The Roots and Medeski Martin and Wood.

if u were there..maybe u can answer some of his questions
:evil5: TB>BB
TomColorado
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth

Red Rocks

Post by TomColorado »

I live in Denver and I've been to about 15 concerts there. It is absolutely the BEST place to see a concert. I usually sit in the middle rows but up close is awesome and even in the back, it's great. The good thing about sitting in the back is that you can see the concert with a gorgeous view of Denver in the background. The acoustics are great and the view is awesome, can't ask for anything better.

Tom
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

slmjimy311 wrote:
Subnova wrote:Oh I'll so be there. I was there last year with 311, The Roots and Medeski Martin and Wood.

if u were there..maybe u can answer some of his questions
Yeah sorry about that. When I saw the 311 concert last year I was sitting in the middle/near front. But like Tom said, anywhere is pretty much awesome, becuase you still get to hear them and see the whole stage setup. Although if you want to see the bands' faces I would get binoculars.

Sitting up front would be madly insane, hopefully if I win tickets from a local radio station, maybe they might be upfront.
hydropoNICK

Post by hydropoNICK »

thanks for the help guys, just bought my tickets today and your comments are getting me really pumped...i prob. could make the trip to kc and it would be closer but it sounds like red rocks is a place you have to see 311 before you die
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

hydropoNICK wrote:thanks for the help guys, just bought my tickets today and your comments are getting me really pumped...i prob. could make the trip to kc and it would be closer but it sounds like red rocks is a place you have to see 311 before you die
Haha, trust me man last year was INSANE. It was so fucking awesome, one of my friends (Who is a Sublime fan) was totally speechless afterwards. :D
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

i got my tickets :o
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

BTW this Saturday over at area93.com you can buy your tickets early.

Area93.com is the website of Channel 93.3 (the radio station here in Denver).