It's been 3 years...

Post by CodyComeaux »

Any new album news?
Spoken.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: It's been 3 years...

Post by Jordan311 »

True. We are due for some new album news. Hopefully they're working on it. Seems like they've been taking it easy during lockdown, spending time with their families etc, and now touring since things are opening up again. I'm sure they've been bouncing around new song ideas, but wonder if they've formally been writing anything new yet

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Yeah, it's definitely that time where they should be getting word out to their fans about their STATUS, at the least, on where they are with new music.
To be honest, I don't think they have shit.
Nothing of substance and quality replay value.
They still haven't REALLY really broken in Voyager from front to back at their live shows... I really love that album musically and I guess they feel that the fans have to digest it more to have better live feedback from the crowd with playing Rolling Through, Charge it Up for example.. Voyager's 311's LATEST ALBUM RELEASE, yet hearing Rolling Through at a show would be considered a "DEEP CUT" hahahaha...
I've been noticing Nick especially, venturing out his creative time with music on his own, or collabing with other music artists.
Blunt honestly, I feel like they've grown tired of the motions with the same 5 fellows.
I really don't see any other major 311 arisals happening any time soon.
Towards the end, I predict a Grand double 311 album, as well as maybe a record setting amt of ArcHIVE un-released material, demos, ideas, etc... Like an ENORMOUS Video AND Audio set, maybe named ArcHIVE 2 or something. ETSArcHIVE.

I know they have it in them for the new music creation process of infinite ideas and INCREDIBLY produced NEW MUSIC. More complex music. Being difficult to play at live shows from it's complexity musically, and I know Hexum y Martinez have more HARDCORE rapping left in their systems! Rolling Through and the live streams of them perfoming Music - From Chaos in their entirety's proved it to me.

I feel they are physically in amazing shape and have the energy and all... But I feel after 30+ years of touring with the same guys every single year for so long... It's not as exciting to tour, as it was for so many years..
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

311's growth for so long in becoming understanding of and wanting to live more like THEMSELVES and INDIVIDUALITY, not necessarily agreeing with each other on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING, AFTER BEING AROUND THE SAME INDIVIDUALS FOR OVER 3 DECADES STRAIGHT. The boys aren't robots. They're human beings and have held the torch for Unity and positivity STRONG and CONTINUOUSLY worldwide for over 30 years straight!!! Stayed together as 311, with the same belief systems since day one, never swapping a band member! THAT SHIT ISN'T NORMAL. lol....

Like I said, I still feel that 311 can still CREATE, RECORD, AND PRODUCE UNBELIEVABLY BAD ASS MUSIC FOREVER! ..... From the Hive... with re-takes if necessary, and some shiny crisp final production from Scotty.
As far as their live shows, adding too many rap vox on new tracks would just be putting more weight on their shoulders to be able to perform those songs, when they still have a muy grande loco discography ALREADY....

I say they take a year off away from each other & reunite to create an INCREDIBLE VETERAN skilled NEW FRESH 311 album.

I don't know what I'm saying. It's been so long since I've seen 311 at a live show, I'm having withdrawals and memories are fading of how great 311 live shows are to attend in person!!!
Spoken.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:41 am 311's growth for so long in becoming understanding of and wanting to live more like THEMSELVES and INDIVIDUALITY, not necessarily agreeing with each other on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING, AFTER BEING AROUND THE SAME INDIVIDUALS FOR OVER 3 DECADES STRAIGHT. The boys aren't robots. They're human beings and have held the torch for Unity and positivity STRONG and CONTINUOUSLY worldwide for over 30 years straight!!! Stayed together as 311, with the same belief systems since day one, never swapping a band member! THAT SHIT ISN'T NORMAL. lol....
really well said. I agree. They're definitely in an unusual situation with the same band being together so long. It's almost uncharted territory with so few bands actually ever doing it. Hard to imagine what their lives are like and the things they go through, especially with the current turmoil.

Later
ImageImage
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

If they got through the band name bullshit rumors around '96, they can get through this internet spam bullshit.
Spoken.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

lol, it isn't internet spam. I feel like we've broken the news that Cody's parents are getting divorced and he's in severe denial.
:evil5: TB>BB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:18 pm lol, it isn't internet spam. I feel like we've broken the news that Cody's parents are getting divorced and he's in severe denial.
lmao. same vibe I got jimbo :'(

Later
ImageImage
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Jordan311 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:56 pm
$lmjimy311 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:18 pm lol, it isn't internet spam. I feel like we've broken the news that Cody's parents are getting divorced and he's in severe denial.
lmao. same vibe I got jimbo :'(

Later
ROFLMMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO‼️‼️‼️‼️ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoken.