311 plagiarized

Three Eleven.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

311 plagiarized

Post by $lmjimy311 »

So does this change anything for you guys? I was a bit sketched by the whole wildfire incident, but this is another level of bad. Hard to buy that it was an honest mistake when Nick said that he got an unlabeled track from a friend...so what you planned on taking credit for that? Your friend didn’t step up and say something when he heard it?

Disappointed is a very underrated feeling right now. Especially since I already bought this album (and it’s gonna be my first autographed album at that too).
:evil5: TB>BB
311silver
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Re: 311 plagiarized

Post by 311silver »

I'm disappointed. If you play "Heist" and Shazam it, it's immediately identified. In this day and age, no excuse not to do this.

dayday
03-11-08, 03-11-04, 03-11-02, 03-11-00, 12-02-1999, 12-01-1999, 05-22-1996, 10-30-1994
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I honestly don't see it as plagiarism, but most likely a real 'accident' and a little insight into their creative process these days (bringing in outside sources for song input and having possible ghostwriters). Prob didn't intend to give credit because the "friend" he's referring to was probably someone hired to ghostwrite.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

yeah I don't really see it as plagiarism either, and I'm not just saying that and being a blind fanboy thinking 311 can do no wrong.

I think if anything the disappointing part is that it's clearly obvious that they're out of touch with the writing process on their own songs nowadays. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

input, samples and demos coming from outside sources and the band members are too busy with their families and marketing their vape pens and branded beer to even notice.

Nick most certainly fucked up big time with Crossfire and it's pretty baffling that absolutely nobody noticed before it was released. It's too stupid of a mistake to be intentional and the noisestorm song I think even had a lot of listens already on spotify/youtube so it's not like he's entirely unknown and they could have gotten away with it.

The funny thing is I still think Crossfire is a pretty catchy tune, and I like the energy 311 brings to the track even if it's basically just a copy of another artist's music. It's still something I can jam to once in a while. It's not top tier 311 by any means, it's a 7/10 track at best. But I can't hate on it too much because they're still my dudes and I'll always have love for 311 even if that love is sometimes strained.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5: